Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D : Rush Hour - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D : Rush Hour  "Modification"

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I was just teasing about DNF. As long as we are not still waiting for this when NASA finally gets to Mars, then you are good.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Level 2 Posted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by CK games: 02 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

User is online   zykov eddy 

Glad the mapping got better. Keep it up.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Looks awesome :( Is there gonna be a new release date other than the infamous "When its done"? :(

• Senior Artist at TGK

Posted ImageLevel 1
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Senior Artist at TGK

I am making it alone. Of course I get advice, but to draw, script and make maps it is very difficult!Posted Image

• Senior Artist at TGK

And... When it's Done ! Posted Image

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostCK games, on 02 July 2012 - 03:24 AM, said:

And... When it's Done ! Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Just a friendly tip, but the perspective on the shotgun is way off.

User is online   zykov eddy 

Pic 1 and 4 look bland. Why would you make a screenshot that shows nothing interesting?
Agreed about shotgun perspective.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostCK games, on 17 June 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

All multiplayer maps are ready. So download YANG Posted Image

Why would you have even wasted time on MP maps, no one will be playing that shit that is from these forums till eduke32 multiplayer is working.

But yes, you need to move that shotgun to the right.

• Senior Artist at TGK

Duke-Robot whats to kill you! ;)
Posted Image

This post has been edited by CK games: 19 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

Is that a new pistol, or is the old one changed? It looks really great, either way!

Looks great, i have some grass and tree textures you can have, you can also decorate the walls with them.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I thought this thing had died.

• Senior Artist at TGK

I have read CONs so i didn't have any news. I hope that I ll add more pistols. I just need time ;)

• Senior Artist at TGK

Guys, i have a little prezent for you! This is my first map. It has many bags, but I hope you like it. Download here rghost.ru/39844538

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostCK games, on 20 August 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

Guys, i have a little prezent for you! This is my first map. It has many bags, but I hope you like it. Download here rghost.ru/39844538
Won't go there. Why not just post it as attachment?
Attached Image: ScreenShot-244.jpg

User is offline   Player Lin 

I have no idea why he give that link from that stupid useless vk.com at all, I guess it may caused by some stupid web plug-in from his browser or something.

http://rghost.net/39844538

Those security things sometimes make me go crazy because doing pointless forced blocking. Even Google Chrome's "Http in Https auto blocking" made me want to kill that shit.....I don't care, I know it's fine, stop automatic blocking!

Hmm, maybe using zip/rar to package as forum attachment isn't bad idea.

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 20 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

• Senior Artist at TGK

Try to copy and paste into the address bar

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostCK games, on 20 August 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

Try to copy and paste into the address bar

I tried that, it downloaded, but for the sake of time, I'll just add it as an attachment here and upload it to MediaFire.

I haven't tested the map myself though, I will now.

Edit:

Alright, I played through it, here's some screenshots:
Spoiler

Download TITTYCITY.map (MediaFire)

Attached File  TITTYCITY.zip (66.65K)
Number of downloads: 302

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 20 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Had a look in mapster, the design is slightly noobish due to lack of trimming and details, and a few other things like some odd proportions, doors going all the way up the the ceiling, and general emptiness. There were a few locations and details that seemed inspired from the original levels. Architecture is fairly basic stuff, sprite work is minimal. I didn't play it so I can't tell what the gameplay is like, but it does feel like a map made around the 2000's (not that I even knew duke3d existed back then), and it could use some work to bring it up to the second half of the decade.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

mirror pretty much what Micky C said about design, alot of under detailed and empty locations, & quite a bit of the first section of the map prior to the sewer tunnels looks like it was directly pulled from the original levels; especially e1l1 & e1l2. Speaking of original levels, this one more or less plays like e1l1; run around with a pistol for awhile until more weapons can be acquired, lots of ammo and health.

noticed that once you drop down the last section of sewer there's no going back, jet packing up results in hitting your head on a ceiling. wanted to go back and finish exploring since several locations were left unvisited. areas that are optional are nice and add depth to the game, but too many unnecessary locations are a waste

i don't know since I couldn't go back to finish looking around and didn't feel like a second play through.

User is offline   necroslut 

I liked the map, the style is oldschool but I like that. Looking forward to the mod.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Not a great map but worth a play through. Polish it a bit considering Micky C's and Forge's comments, add a README and call it a release.
Better ask for beta testing on your Rush Hour maps early enough.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 20 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

• Senior Artist at TGK

It's just MY first map. It's not for RH. Thx for playing. I'll conclude your remarks ;)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I finally played it and I liked it a lot Posted Image

Sure it's empty, under-detailed, mis-proportioned in places, and there are several oversights and glitches, both visual and gameplay related (in addition to what forge said I couldn't jetpack up the hole in the elevator while the vent sprite was there, and you can only break it from the top) , but I enjoyed the layout and the gameplay (it could have used a bit more pistol ammo and health in the first half though.) The DNF-inspired shrunken platforming sections felt very fresh.

I've always wondered what making a map a map like that would be like. I'd like to see a decent full map by an experienced mapper based on this concept, and it shouldn't be very hard at all using mapster's resize function to do the shrunken sections.

@CK Games, I won't sugar coat it, your map has some issues with it, and realistically a veteran mapper could build what you've done in a few days (maybe even one day, don't worry, we all started off slow), however for a first map it's actually quite good, and the gameplay was enjoyable. I won't go into details about problems/potential improvements for this map as I'm fairly busy, but they're mostly little things that you pick up as you acquire more mapping experience. So the more you map, the better you get, and I'd like to see you make some more maps Posted Image

• Senior Artist at TGK

Thank you! ;)

• Senior Artist at TGK

Omg. I was a retard. How could I post this shit? :s

P.S.
Never replay your old maps.

Nice ShotGun

This post has been edited by The Duke Returns: 04 May 2014 - 01:03 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options