• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

User is offline   m210® 

Is this the same version you send me ?

No, this version have a few fix on con code

I tried the adjustments but they seem to not work. The best I could do was A LOT darker than orginal Blood anyway. Previous versions were ok.

Do you tried this?
Posted Image

At previous versions ambient light level was 2.0, but it's not a default type, therefore I back it to 1.0 and therefore all levels seems darkness at polymost and polymer.

This post has been edited by M210: 20 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

User is offline   Zaero 

View PostM210, on 20 April 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

No, this version have a few fix on con code

Do you tried this?
Posted Image

At previous versions ambient light level was 2.0, but it's not a default type, therefore I back it to 1.0 and therefore all levels seems darkness at polymost and polymer.

Funny. Just a few minutes ago I saw your YT movie when you've change that, so I tried it and adjust it to 2.0 just based on Blood-look-like. Now you tell me it's the brightness of Blood itself! Looks like I remember Blood REALLY well. <_<

This post has been edited by Zaero: 20 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

User is offline   zZaRDoZz 

@M210

Hey, if you've already got a known issues list somewhere all apologies as I can't locate one in the Bloodtc folder.
If not, a list of known issus might be helpful with bug hunting.

User is offline   m210® 

As I understand you, you want get a list of bugs?

User is offline   Mateos 

He means make a Bug List to be sure you have all listed somewhere and so you can stick to it and fix it all, without forget one or several bugs reported <_<

User is offline   m210® 

Hm, it would be usefull...I trying make it)

View PostM210, on 21 April 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Hm, it would be usefull...I trying make it)

Thanks, i did find one major bug where you restart level 1 and the level changes, so the things you did in your previous game ( like blowing up the wall near the end ) blows up at the beginning so you can exit the level in the early beginning of the game.
I'll try to make a video of it soon so i can show you what i mean.

User is offline   m210® 

hm....it's interesting <_<
I'll wait a video with this :huh:

User is offline   m210® 

I made a new video with Zombie AI. I think it's a more clever now <_<

View PostM210, on 03 May 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

I made a new video with Zombie AI. I think it's a more clever now <_<

That looks much better, i forgot about sending the video to you.
I couldn't reproduce my described bug, but i did capture some other bugs.

User is offline   m210® 

I couldn't reproduce my described bug, but i did capture some other bugs.

I can't see this video o_O
video with limited access

This post has been edited by M210: 03 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

User is offline   Mateos 

Had the same issue with skybox when loading a save from an older version of BloodTC.

User is offline   m210® 

Had the same issue with skybox when loading a save from an older version of BloodTC.

This problem has at all version of BloodTC and it's an engine bug I think

This post has been edited by M210: 04 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostM210, on 03 May 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

I can't see this video o_O
video with limited access

The video can be watched now, it shows multiple bugs.
I understand that the bug of when the zombie is flying away is a engine bug, so you can't fix it ?

User is offline   m210® 

Yes, I could fix it, but when I can see why this is happening. I haven't this problem

User is offline   fgsfds 

It's a pretty old version so the most part of these bugs were fixed. Including zombies I guess.

One bug I found: I got the Akimbo upgrade and after it faded away I still had dual Tesla Guns.

Also: It takes a little too long for Cultists to be set on fire with the flare, lessen the time by about 3 seconds or so. That and continue improving the A.I. Good stuff dude!

User is offline   m210® 

Thanks for you report. I'll fix it <_<

User is offline   m210® 

I tried to make a RocketJump and I have some success with it, and as you see, it's possible in eDuke32, but it's a very buggy, therefore probably will not include at BloodTC. Player can easily pass through a sprites and if he has a large inertial velocity passes through a walls too.

Also you can see a new background with glitch by engine and it have a bugs if look through the masked walls.

User is offline   Mateos 

As I commented your video on YT, maybe it's more accurate to post it here:
[quote name='Mateos from YT]I guess the explosion jumps are scripted' date=' can the solid parts of the maps be included in the related code to avoid player getting through them?[/QUOTE']

Like you can add sound to a texture, make it block these jumps?

This post has been edited by Mateos: 09 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

User is offline   m210® 

it is not universal, and will necessary to do a lot of work on maps

This post has been edited by M210: 09 May 2012 - 01:17 AM

Just curious what you think of the Blood XL project: http://xlengine.com/

User is offline   m210® 

Just curious what you think of the Blood XL project: http://xlengine.com/

Nothing yet, because it's not released. but it interesting for me too <_<

User is offline   m210® 

Hi! A made a new pre release video of BloodTC with e1m5 and e1m6. BloodTC coming soon :(

User is offline   Spiker 

You should be banned for posting the original footage and claiming it's your own mod! Oh, wait it is really your work? Damn impressive. Noone ever got that close I think. Looks abosulutely stunning and awesome. Recreating these mission specific effects must have been a lot of work but it was well worth it after seeing this. The only thing that makes me wonder is do bodies in Blood really explode? Because I always thought they don't.

User is offline   m210® 

Are you mean pieces of meat and jibs?

And yes, it's a my work and you can check it on my site. I working on BloodTC since 2008 and it really have a lot of work. I making this TC with mapper who is known on this forum as empy.

Btw, I finding a other mappers for help with 2-4 episodes of Blood. I just want to play Blood without headache with DOS and I hope eduke32 will have a completed multiplayer code

This post has been edited by M210: 14 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

User is offline   m210® 

Btw, for chronology :(
http://forums.3dreal...ead.php?t=30962

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostM210, on 14 July 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

Are you mean pieces of meat and jibs?

Yes. I thought bodies dont explode, do they?

User is offline   m210® 

Probably I understood you not exactly...jibs and pieces of meat can disappear from level at original Blood after shoot to it, but at BloodTC, shooting to jibs is result to move it without disappear. I think it's a little more fun :( And one else: after explosion, bodies have got more blood and jibs than the original Blood

This post has been edited by M210: 14 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

I'm looking forward to this! Btw, there's some kind of Blood TC HRP file from 2011 hanging around on my disk. Will this be of any use?

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options