Duke4.net Forums: Closed Store - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Closed Store  "My second map... Published...!!"

User is offline   iamaloner 

This is my second map, I finished it not like my first map, I am new to mapping and that... So I decided to release my second map while my first map is a complete fail in every way ... !!

Anyway on this map Duke will look small... You will see that you are small... -.-" I dosent look like that in map editor when you compare sprites, darn it!!

Heres the download link:

http://www.2shared.c...losedstore.html

User is offline   ReaperMan 

No pictures?

Too lazy to post them I and I need to sleep, damn high school bro... Its okay... Well Its very short and you cant finish it like end of the level ...

Its simple and that... Maybe good... IDK... Download it, its just 7kb... Please comment it... Its just my second map :D

I think i'll wait for some pictures :D

Are you too lazy, you can finish it like in 10 or 20 seconds and for watching details and that 1 min max... -.-"

Cmon lazy chomps... I dont want to think that I wasted 1 hour making it, trying to fix the things... -.-"

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Again you would have been better off by reading some recent threads before posting yourself.
Comment: not worth publishing outside the "Help Me" subforum.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 12 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

User is offline   thatguy 

There is a difference between lazy and having no interest whatsoever in doing something.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View Postiamaloner, on 12 February 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Too lazy to post them I and I need to sleep, damn high school bro... Its okay... Well Its very short and you cant finish it like end of the level ...

Its simple and that... Maybe good... IDK... Download it, its just 7kb... Please comment it... Its just my second map :D

View Postiamaloner, on 12 February 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

Are you too lazy, you can finish it like in 10 or 20 seconds and for watching details and that 1 min max... -.-"

Cmon lazy chomps... I dont want to think that I wasted 1 hour making it, trying to fix the things... -.-"

I never thought I'd make another post in this forum again, but seriously? I'm in high school and I just programmed an installer for ReaperMan's Voxel pack. The high school excuse is nothing, I used it one too many times and it got me nowhere.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 12 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

User is offline   Arwu 

I have bad feeling about this :D now Im away from pc so I will see later that "map"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postiamaloner, on 12 February 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

So from what you're saying it would take more time to download, install and start the map than it would to actually play it? Hmm. Add to the mix that you've only just started mapping so the quality probably isn't very high in the first place. I'm sorry, but until you post some pics I have to assume it's not very good.

And yes look at LeoD's links to the other thread, where another newbie mapper decided to post a map he spent no time on (and which you've spent even less time on) and people cut him down because there was an extreme lack of quality which was so obviously attributed to the very little time he spent on it. I spent weeks and weeks and weeks on my first map (probably more), it still wasn't all that fantastic, but I tried my absolute best and as a result learnt from my experience.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostSpirrwell, on 12 February 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

I never thought I'd make another post in this forum again, but seriously? I'm in high school and I just programmed an installer for ReaperMan's Voxel pack. The high school excuse is nothing, I used it one too many times and it got me nowhere.

Bingo. If you're not proud enough of your work to post screenshots, I'm definitely not going to download it.

View PostWolfe, on 12 February 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

Bingo. If you're not proud enough of your work to post screenshots, I'm definitely not going to download it.

You must really like me then because i post a shit ton of screenshots. :D

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I do. :D

LOL at the cowardly downvote with no rebuttal.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

So howabout telling us who you really are?

View PostWolfe, on 12 February 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

I do. :D

:D

User is offline   thatguy 

Awwwww, you guys are just so cute. Posted Image

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 12 February 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

So howabout telling us who you really are?

Do you suspect a sock-puppet?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Who's lazy?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I got bored and tried out the map. It was more detailed than I expected. It has three rooms, so what you see below is what you get. Everything is very oversized and there's no shading. Detailing consists of sprites placed on walls and objects like cans littered about the place. I couldn't figure out how to actually finish the map, there wasn't a nuke button or end of level sector that I could see. Also that crack in the screenshot doesn't blow up, which is annoying, especially when there's an explodable fire extinguisher in front of it. I'm one of those guys who thinks cracks should never be used as decor.

But of course this map doesn't even deserve its own thread let alone a release. It's basically a test map which the author used to learn the controls in mapster.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edit: direct links for the Commander:
http://i734.photobuc...17-43-09-54.png
http://i734.photobuc...17-43-04-86.png
http://i734.photobuc...17-42-34-73.png

But I still think the thumbnails are good because it allows people to get a glimpse at the photos without them being huge and taking up space/downloads, while still giving people a chance to click on them and see bigger versions.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 13 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I wish you would use the "Direct Link" when posting screenshots from Photobucket Micky C. :D

User is offline   Mia Max 

I also have tested it.
As a second test map it is quite good.
I think you should keep on mapping instead trying to make a total convertation of Duke 3D you plan to do.

Ok... Yea thx for the guys that really download them and test them and thx for posting screenshots... I posted this topic when in my country was like 0:30 (24 hour time)... It was late and I always have school in the morning... Thats all ...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

When I was in school, I'd stay up well into 3:00, and get up at 6:30. Ether way, that's not an excuse, you could have just posted it the next day with screenshots. But that would have been pointless, because this is just a three-room non-map. You should have posted screens in the "What are you working on?" thread and asked for criticisms.

ok

Ok, i just tried it. I think it's ok. Better that some of the maps we have seen the past few days ^^
But it is very important that you scale it right. To do this, i put a sprite beside the thing i need to give the right size. Give the sprite tile number 1405, which is duke. Then give him xrepeat and yrepeat 36. This is the size duke will have in the game. This is true with the 3d model of duke. I don't know if it is the same when you don't have HRP on. You can also press F7 in the game for dynamic view. You can see that the bottles are nearly as big as duke. I bet every new mapper falls into the scaling trap.

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 13 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

User is offline   Arwu 

This map is very small but I see some heart putted into making it .
Another tip: You can press (' + Z) in mapster 3d mode to change to gravity mode. . This should help You a little with height dimensions. . keep in mind that Duke can jump high too so give him some room or else you hurt his head :D

I wonder if the duke model should just be bigger :D Every new mapper makes areas and objects too big. Duke jumps super high. Duke runs super fast.

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 13 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

User is offline   Arwu 

Steven Seagal can run with 1/2 light speed
Chuck Norris run with full light speed
Duke Nukem . . . No , light run with Duke speed ! :D

You kidding me? Light can't keep up with duke :D

Wheres the Quake 3 guy, he cant run full light speed but he can shot with his Rail Gun with 10x light speed... xD :D bored

Now at school... Cant do mapping... -.-"

I can put eduke32 on schools pcs but I cant find DN3D -.-" Anyway I cant access piratebay or some times with latest DN3D AE 1.5 -.-"

ROFL :D

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options