Duke4.net Forums: PC Game Inspector "inspects" Duke Nukem Forever. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PC Game Inspector "inspects" Duke Nukem Forever.  "Smashing, old boy."

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Most amusing, indeed!

User is offline   ThePinkus 

Making fun of DNF was so 2011

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostThePinkus, on 12 January 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Making fun of DNF was so 2011

So is playing DNF....

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

"Time to fight my way out of... *dies* oh dear"

Sums up the regeneration system in DNF quite nicely Posted Image

User is offline   Stabs 

and only 12 years to come up with those gameplay ideas, i mean how he decided frensch should reamke d3d proves even more his genius

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostDanM, on 13 January 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

i mean how he decided frensch should reamke d3d proves even more his genius

I have this strange feeling that this community is going to be making fun of that idiot forever. :unsure:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Hey, if you don't ridicule idiots they'll never learn.

User is offline   ThePinkus 

View PostTX, on 13 January 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

I have this strange feeling that this community is going to be making fun of that idiot forever. :unsure:

Making forever jokes was never in.
=P

User is offline   You 

FOR ANYONE THAT HASN'T WATCHED THIS YET:

I waited until I got home to watch a review of DNF, thinking this would just be another review, bashing the game for everything it was worth (sometimes right, sometimes jumping on the bandwagon.). Instead I got a complete fucking idiot in a monacle looking at me, trying to turn 1800ish phrases and looking like he needed a mighty boot up his ass. Do not watch. DO NOT WATCH.

User is offline   Sebastian 

So what you're saying is I should watch.

User is offline   You 

View PostSebastian, on 13 January 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Why the down votes?

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostSebastian, on 13 January 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Indubitably, good sir.

View PostYou, on 13 January 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

I waited until I got home to watch a review of DNF, thinking this would just be another review, bashing the game for everything it was worth (sometimes right, sometimes jumping on the bandwagon.). Instead I got a complete fucking idiot in a monacle looking at me, trying to turn 1800ish phrases and looking like he needed a mighty boot up his ass. Do not watch. DO NOT WATCH.

Lol, i actually only came here to watch the comments. But now i really want to watch it xD But i get an error -.-

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostYou, on 13 January 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

I guess this guy hasn't herd of the likes of James D. Rolfe etc.

Haha, this video was fun. Enjoyed it much!

I found this topic on Google, and I felt compelled to reply.

Hello.

That is all.

This post has been edited by The Inspector: 15 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

Riveting tale, chap.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostThe Inspector, on 15 January 2012 - 04:47 AM, said:

I found this topic on Google, and I *beep*...

Jenkins!

Fixed for ya. Loved the expressions in the Dylan scene btw Posted Image

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Where's the humor? I mean really, how is that supposed to be funny?

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 15 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

• Judge Mental

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 15 January 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Where's the humor? I mean really, how is that supposed to be funny?

Its funny to those who find it so, and it's not to those who don't. You follow?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostCommando Nukem, on 15 January 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Its funny to those who find it so, and it's not to those who don't. You follow?

No shit, Sherlock! I didn't dispute the fact that some people find it funny. I simply wanted to know how they think it's funny.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostThe Commander, on 14 January 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

I guess this guy hasn't herd of the likes of James D. Rolfe etc.

James Rolfe also holds the distinction from the slew of internet reviewers of actually being interesting when he's in character OR not playing a character at all. The thing that Rolfe has (among a few other guys, like Yahtzee) that other video reviewers don't is that they actually possess taste and the eloquence to talk about things. He also doesn't rely on his own comedy to drive the review along, that is chiefly there as an aside, because his non-character reviews are JUST as interesting albeit hardly funny (but they're not meant to be.) As with anything on the interwebs, if one person does something well, ten others are going to do it crappy and get famous and then get all their even crappier friends famous. I'm looking at YOU That Guy With The Glasses.

• Judge Mental

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 16 January 2012 - 07:05 AM, said:

No shit, Sherlock! I didn't dispute the fact that some people find it funny. I simply wanted to know how they think it's funny.

Oh come on now. Your post reads more along the lines of "How the **** could anyone find this funny?!" than a legitimate shot at trying to find out. Please, correct me if i'm wrong.

My point was; Those who did fine it funny, found it funny because they got it, and it was funny to them. Those who don't find it funny either didn't get it, or just didn't find the gag funny. Generally if a joke has to be explained, it wasn't that funny to begin with. Hey, maybe it's because I find your posts generally rather intelligent ones that this just strikes me as being disingenuous that you really can't get why some might find it funny when it's really quite shallow humor. There's no deeper meaning here, I assure you. He's a faux british guy with a monocle making funny faces at Duke Nukem Forever using ye psuedo-old tyme britishy speak. It's not that deep. That was my point. If ya didn't find it funny, someone telling you: "Don't you get it? It's a british guy with a mustache and a monocle saying "Good heavens, boobehs!" And us going "LOL he just got all shocked and jumbled" It's funny!" Isn't exactly going to be all that enlightening, yes? Posted Image

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 16 January 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

I'm looking at YOU That Guy With The Glasses.

I actually think Doug's reviews as The Nostalgia Critic are fairly decent as long as he's doing them himself, without his pathetic characters and cast, although The Room is an exception.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

He has alright opinions, and I generally agree with what he's saying. But he's just really boring for the most part, and he dresses like a hipster dork. His friends are annoying and/or spazzes except for James Rolfe. And I'm not hating on him too bad, it's just that he gets a lot of praise and helps a lot of other dorks get popular, when I think Yahtzee probably is more deserving but I see less about him.

User is offline   Loke 

Can't say I'm a fan of his though I thought his "The Room" review was bloody hilarious. I prefer AVGN and Spoony One (though he hasn't done any really good stuff lately -- still waiting for the conclusion of the FFX-2 review).

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Geez, you guys. This wasn't a review video. It was just for the lulz. At least that's how I took it. You can't compare it to AVGN or Spoony or something.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 20 January 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

Geez, you guys. This wasn't a review video. It was just for the lulz. At least that's how I took it. You can't compare it to AVGN or Spoony or something.

In effect creating Anti-lulz, really video's such as said one is just pointless and the people who do these are people who follow bad reviews in the hope of getting more publicity. IMO It's completely stupid.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

I liked it.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I liked it too. So that makes it anti-pointless.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 21 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options