• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

AMC TC released - Merry x-mas!  "One hell of a christmas present"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

James can use time portals? When does that happen? Posted Image

User is offline   Jblade 

Thanks for your feedback :unsure: If you hold right click on an item in the loadout screen, it'll explain a bit of backstory and what it does as well. I am updating the wiki as well as I go - but essentially luck amulets increase the chance of enemies dropping things like health very marginally, as well as a very slim chance of saving you from damage. As the description says the effect is very minor but it's better than nothing. There's 3 more artifacts you can find - 2 in Millhaven and 1 in Providence (the Providence one is easy to find but the Millhaven ones are toughter)

I do agree about your points of the character abilities, they weren't implemented to the best that they could be. There's only a single time portal in the main episode, and it's part of a secret area. Merlijn and Zaxtor don't have a unique ability and Geoffrey's is hacking just like Mikkos. For episode 2 and future releases (maybe even a patch) adding more of these things is something I plan to do.

And I do agree about the bosses, although I found the Overlord to be a pushover since originally he was MUCH harder :P The Robot Suit should never of fired that fast anyway so I'm doing some tweaking there...and again with the Entity I find him really really easy to defeat so it's always been hard for me to gauge it. The more easier I make him the less fun I found to fight him but other people's mileage have varied greatly.

And as for the secret, it's not signposted very well but if you head to the grey skull area and head up to the left skull switch, look around behind the switch (maybe take a step near the edge, see what you find)

EDIT: Heh, just saw your post Micky :P There is one time portal in the main episode, in Dis Base. It's a very underutilized feature but I didn't want to use them in Snow just because it didn't seem appropriate. There WAS going to be a portal sequence in the Bunker map but I cut it when I realised making the player go back through the bunker again wasn't actually a fun idea. You can see a much cooler use of the Time portals in the map Urban Dead however. It's an invasion map but type map INVURB to play it since you can do it in singleplayer anyways (but just don't get infected!)

This post has been edited by James: 03 January 2012 - 04:01 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Possibly we can add levels for Merlijin and Zaxtor when the mod expands (more episodes.
Maybe adding special abilities.

Only special Zaxtor has is a few of his weapons (custom ones) LOL.

As I know of.

User is offline   Jblade 

I think only Zaxtor should build a level for Zaxtor :unsure:

User is offline   Zaxtor 

yes.
Like a level for Zaxtor.

Or something.

Example in some level (snow level).
James play then Sang play and etc.

View PostJames, on 03 January 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

There's 3 more artifacts you can find - 2 in Millhaven and 1 in Providence (the Providence one is easy to find but the Millhaven ones are toughter)

Yeah I found them all, I really like jumping around the map and see if there's any oversights :unsure:. I was surprised that there were actually secrets to be found there, something that is really missing from today's games.
But I did find one glitch. It's possible to skip the first C4 by sprint jumping up the cliff on the right side of Millhaven's gate. But hey, adds to the freedom doesn't it :P

View PostJames, on 03 January 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

And I do agree about the bosses, although I found the Overlord to be a pushover since originally he was MUCH harder :D The Robot Suit should never of fired that fast anyway so I'm doing some tweaking there...and again with the Entity I find him really really easy to defeat so it's always been hard for me to gauge it. The more easier I make him the less fun I found to fight him but other people's mileage have varied greatly.

Heck, the Overlord is still harder than in any of his Doom incarnations.
The Entity is easy to defeat with the right strategy (Don't climb ladders as long as he's near you...), and I think the ammo is sufficient, but for some reason the rocks you can kick down don't always damage him.

I have an Idea, how about a heretic-hexen style castle in the middle of a rainforest? With the flora and fauna leaking into it. :P

User is offline   Jblade 

I need to take a break from having to worry about modding, but I do like the idea of a Castle in a rainforest :unsure: I'll think about it, but of course I never sit still with mods for long heh.

User is offline   Lt.Havoc 

Hello. I have a problem with this mod: after getting the error loading savegames, I downloaded the newest e-duke32 version to fix it, now I have the problem that the cut scenes do not load and that the character select screen is all messed up. What did I do wrong? Would be happy for some help.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostLt.Havoc, on 03 January 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

Hello. I have a problem with this mod: after getting the error loading savegames, I downloaded the newest e-duke32 version to fix it, now I have the problem that the cut scenes do not load and that the character select screen is all messed up. What did I do wrong? Would be happy for some help.

I'm pretty sure savegames aren't compatible with newer Eduke32 exes - you can skip to the level you got to last though by going to the mission select hub in the AMC base and choosing it via the computer there (It's in the back of the armoury; it's got a hologram of planets and stuff) Also make sure you've loaded it through the AMC TC bat (I've changed it for the next version so just starting Eduke32 launches the mod)

So, does that mean I cant save the game? But whats with the odd messed up intro and player select screen? I could load the savegames just fine but I could not start a new game and select a new character, I had the same issues after installing the patch to 1.06.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostLt.Havoc, on 03 January 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

So, does that mean I cant save the game? But whats with the odd messed up intro and player select screen? I could load the savegames just fine but I could not start a new game and select a new character, I had the same issues after installing the patch to 1.06.

Sorry, I meant if you saved with an old eduke32 exe and then loaded a new one the saves won't work properly. The same goes for the code updates, since the CON code is saved inside the save files (so the patch updates the code whereas the saves are with the old code)

EDIT: checking the main eduke thread, it does seem loading old save games with new con code + exe causes issues and stuff.

This post has been edited by James: 03 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

Okay, maybe I am am not understanding it correctly: the problems I have are due to updating the eduke32.exe right? So do I need the patch then and if so, where do I put the files of the patch? Simply unzip into the main directory of the mod?

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostDoom64hunter, on 30 December 2011 - 05:28 PM, said:

After beating the boss and watching the cutscene up to the point where it shows the daycare sign, Eduke crashes. And it's not a casual crash, it always does it there.

If you haven't overwritten it, could you post a savegame right before the cutscene, so all I need to do is to take a step and watch it crash? It'll probably be a while before I get that far...

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostLt.Havoc, on 03 January 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

Okay, maybe I am am not understanding it correctly: the problems I have are due to updating the eduke32.exe right? So do I need the patch then and if so, where do I put the files of the patch? Simply unzip into the main directory of the mod?

I'm not 100% sure since I've never come across the errors you're describing, it sounds to me like certain files aren't working for you. Make sure you're launching the mod via the AMC TC.bat file, and that you're not trying to reload old savegames.

You should update the eduke32 to the latest version, yes (The included exe has had save game problems for several people) and then install the patch just by unzipping it in the AMC TC directory - this will break your savegames but the progress you made is still saved in other files. If starting a new game still causes you errors than I'd say redownload the whole mod from moddb, the latest Eduke32 snapshot, and install it into a new directory. Then copy the data folder and the eduke32.cfg file from your old one into your new one.

User is offline   Hank 

... there where some doubts on another forum, if this TC is actually getting the proper recognition, I say it does.
Concrats guys, Posted Image

Awesome mod. I'm stuck on the abyss, that hell looking place are there any walkthroughs haha?

This post has been edited by kyler smiler: 04 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

View PostHelixhorned, on 03 January 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

If you haven't overwritten it, could you post a savegame right before the cutscene, so all I need to do is to take a step and watch it crash? It'll probably be a while before I get that far...

Here it is. It's at the start of the cutscene, right after I killed the boss, Mr. hyde. Make sure you play on Software, and on a resolution of 1440 * 900 or higher, or else it won't crash.
I haven't tried it with any newer version of eduke yet, but I fear that is going to give me even more problems.

And kyler, look for candles in the red stone area, see what you find near them. It doesn't have to be on the ground mind you...

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 04 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

Well, I would love to know what I have to do at Ganymede. I went to the reactor and created the meltdown, the timer goes off and I run back to the ship but then, nothing, the base explodes and tells me the mission failed because I created a time paradox. What do I have to do, where do I need to go?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

You walked right past a door that takes you to the exit. Exiting the hi-tech segment with the reactor, as you re-enter the cave section there's a door to the left.

You mean the door with the red frame that was closed all the time? Hmm, I just want to get out of the level as soon as possible, the whole map creeps me out to no end. I dont know why, in the past I had no problem with Doom type games but these days they scare the shit out of me for some reason.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Yeah, that's the one.

The map's got a cool atmosphere, especially with hell making its way through the walls.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Happy new year guys!
Downloading...but no time to play currently.

Happy new year, little late, but better late than never i guess.

I was also curious trying out this TC, i downloaded it as soon as i can and i am stuck at the megabase, i've been searching around for an hour now for the dark red keycard.
I got stuck before before after 15 minutes i figured it out.
It's a great TC so far, great job on this, one of the best i've played and one of the best Indie games for that matter.

But can somebody tell me where to find that damn keycard ?

Thanks in advance

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 04 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostLt.Havoc, on 04 January 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

You mean the door with the red frame that was closed all the time? Hmm, I just want to get out of the level as soon as possible, the whole map creeps me out to no end. I dont know why, in the past I had no problem with Doom type games but these days they scare the shit out of me for some reason.

tip: That isn't the only way to exit the level. Remember the drill near the blue keycard?

themaniacboy said:

But can somebody tell me where to find that damn keycard ?

There's a door near the forcefield, go in there, and to the protector drone infested radioactive room. it should be in there.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 04 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

I saw that drill that near that stone wall, but I did not ran that far because of the timer. I already went through Abyss and fuck me, thats one insane map. I managed to get through that as well, but it was not easy (I play on medium and thats already really hard at times) and I am now trying to get through Millhaven, reached Dr.Jekyll's dimension that is filled with the killer orbs from that one movie.

Does the drill lead to a different level or does it also go to the Abyss? also, in the cut scenes, you always see your team mates, does that mean the whole game can be played Coop or what is that? Also, the TC is full of both movie and game references, its crazy.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostLt.Havoc, on 04 January 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

Does the drill lead to a different level or does it also go to the Abyss? also, in the cut scenes, you always see your team mates, does that mean the whole game can be played Coop or what is that? Also, the TC is full of both movie and game references, its crazy.

Most maps DO have co-op versions, but sadly multiplayer isn't really functioning in Eduke32 at the moment since new net code was put in place that hasn't been finished yet.

About the drill:
Spoiler

For the next patch I've put in walls that block off the other areas in Dis Base so it should be more obvious where to go.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I didn't like the Ganymede lever at first, because the whole mod was so different from what I was anticipating, but it all came around. I liked Highwire and his level too, in fact, I can't think of much I haven't liked!

Just in case you missed it too, James, there is a bug with the kicking off walls thing, where you can keep kicking off of thin air. I've also had some issues where things wouldn't work properly, like the PDA. Though I suspect it had something to do with my save file, I was able to fix it by figuring out what var brings it up. If I hit the issue again sometime, I'll make sure to upload the save. Right now I'm just gonna finish my current game, then run through with the next patch and a newer version of EDuke.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 04 January 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

Just in case you missed it too, James, there is a bug with the kicking off walls thing, where you can keep kicking off of thin air. I've also had some issues where things wouldn't work properly, like the PDA. Though I suspect it had something to do with my save file, I was able to fix it by figuring out what var brings it up. If I hit the issue again sometime, I'll make sure to upload the save. Right now I'm just gonna finish my current game, then run through with the next patch and a newer version of EDuke.

Yeah I saw you point it out earlier, I've fixed it for the next version :unsure:

Okay I am stuck in the Revolution level at the palace. I collected all those objects and killed all the guards, but now I dont know what to do next. There is the conference room with the forcefield I cant open and the large Metal door with the small breakable window but no idea what I have to do there.

User is offline   XThX2 

Found many non-vital bugs on Geoffrey. Almost all weapons of him have offset issues (ie. at certain cases you can see the ends of the hands etc... So far noticed it on shotgun, machinegun while reloading, mines). I don't know if this happens on others as I've recently started playing him.

Also, how do you play Merlijn ? Seems too hard to play the megabase with him given that you gotta get close to those pigs...

This post has been edited by XThX2: 04 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options