Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Reloaded abandoned? - Duke4.net Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Reloaded abandoned?  "An interesting facebook post."

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Watch that this entire thread gets deleted now. :)

User is offline   Hank 

View PostLunick, on 24 December 2011 - 07:53 PM, said:

~Removed at request of Gearbox Software and Interceptor Entertainment~
I'd suggest downloading the 720 although the 1080 option is there.

This is restarted. Posted Image
I can try to understand Interceptor and fresch's ego maniacal motives, but not why Gearbox would force the issue on this forum (I assume the tilted comment was added my a mod or admin)
So, as of 26 Dec 2011 Fuck Gearbox. Reason: You are protecting an irrelevant footage of an abandoned project, and make this looser (fresch) more important as he ought to be. The only reason everyone wants to see this shit now is because it is forbidden, not because it has any value let alone would inspire anyone else to 'copy' Duke Nukem.

@ The Mighty Bison, I doubt the thread will be deleted, but if it will happen, I'm gone. I'm gone at Gearbox already.

User is offline   Kathy 

What the fuck! I can't believe that it's the same shitty blurry footage. I mean... why would anyone care about it to take it down?

Also, it was in the livestream by and not leaked. What's the legal ground for GBX to ask to edit posts?

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostHelel, on 26 December 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

What's the legal ground for GBX to ask to edit posts?

None.

What I assume they're doing is privately threatening to cut off contact with duke4.net and any possibility of exclusive content. However, this is a fansite and only owes its existence to the fans and love of Duke Nukem, NOT whatever company is holding the intellectual property rights at the time.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 26 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

I really doubt TX or Plagman really care about Gearbox. Does anyone remember who was the moderador that removed the video?

It's not the first time content is censored at the request of Gearbox, Fresch or whoelse. Last time they deleted a post of TX just because he criticized the quality of Reloaded.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMad Max RW, on 26 December 2011 - 06:40 AM, said:

Can anyone actually see something in this video?

-edited-

View PostHelel, on 26 December 2011 - 09:43 AM, said:

What the fuck! I can't believe that it's the same shitty blurry footage. I mean... why would anyone care about it to take it down?

Same.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 26 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

Try and make the video as small as possible, then it's easier to see. Still nothing much is shown in the video.

View PostFox, on 26 December 2011 - 10:51 AM, said:

Does anyone remember who was the moderador that removed the video?

Yes. His reply post explaining why he censored Lunick's download links mysteriously vanished. Hint: it was a moderator and not one of the admins.

User is offline   N64 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pictures:

http://dukenukemrelo...com/pics/media/

This post has been edited by angelo86: 26 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

If Gearbox hits them with a Cease and Desist or even hints at legal action, I know Yatta. He'll fold because it's just not worth it, and I don't really blame him.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View Postangelo86, on 26 December 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

I discovered those a while back, but didn't give the link.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 26 December 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

If Gearbox hits them with a Cease and Desist or even hints at legal action, I know Yatta. He'll fold because it's just not worth it, and I don't really blame him.

I think unless the website is engaged in illegal activity itself, Gearbox can only apply those measures against Interceptor.
I did not watch the video, so I still do not know its content and actually don't give a shit about it. But, correct me if I'm wrong, was it not fresch himself that proudly proclaimed that we know nothing about the deal between Gearbox and Interceptor? How is anyone supposed to know that a given video is illegal to link to? If Gearbox can't control fresch and consequently Interceptor, and I am assuming that video was issued through them, then don't come here and ask the admin to play police on good faith. (Because, no one knows anything.) Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 26 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

User is offline   N64 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 26 December 2011 - 02:39 PM, said:

I discovered those a while back, but didn't give the link.

Ok. :)

Posted Image

http://www.ustream.t...-nukem-reloaded [OFFLINE]

This post has been edited by angelo86: 26 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostHank, on 26 December 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

I think unless the website is engaged in illegal activity itself, Gearbox can only apply those measures against Interceptor.
I did not watch the video, so I still do not know its content and actually don't give a shit about it. But, correct me if I'm wrong, was it not fresch himself that proudly proclaimed that we know nothing about the deal between Gearbox and Interceptor? How is anyone supposed to know that a given video is illegal to link to? If Gearbox can't control fresch and consequently Interceptor, and I am assuming that video was issued through them, then don't come here and ask the admin to play police on good faith. (Because, no one knows anything.) Posted Image

Yeah, but in this case, monetarily, it's just not worth going to court over it.

User is offline   N64 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://www.cinemable...zing-35622.html

This post has been edited by angelo86: 26 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

Dukes hand at the last pic looks awesome!

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 26 December 2011 - 04:42 PM, said:

Yeah, but in this case, monetarily, it's just not worth going to court over it.

Nobody will be brought to court. The worst that can happen is Gearbox bans people for linking duke4.net on their forums. If this site was part of a larger network that provided free hosting (such as Gamespy) then they'd contact IGN and have the staff removed. Fortunately that's not the case here so the only other thing they can do is permanently break off contact with Yatta, but information always has a way of getting out. I've seen these exact same tactics used on other communities and the fans always come out on top.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostMad Max RW, on 26 December 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

I've seen these exact same tactics used on other communities and the fans always come out on top.

Modern day devs and pubs don't have the vaguest idea of what PR is. It's sad. Save for a few developers like Valve, not that many have respect for their communities. Oh, and Sega. Mad props to Sega for NEVER interfering with anyone trying to make a Sonic fan game. They knew the true fans would never buy their crap.

This post has been edited by Descent: 26 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

View PostDescent, on 26 December 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

Modern day devs and pubs don't have the vaguest idea of what PR is. It's sad. Save for a few developers like Valve, not that many have respect for their communities. Oh, and Sega. Mad props to Sega for NEVER interfering with anyone trying to make a Sonic fan game. They knew the true fans would never buy their crap.

Sega kinda sucks ass in how they currently own and rape the Aliens/Predator/AvP game license. They proudly continue the tradition of "foxing" AvP/Aliens fan games. AvP3 was given less than a year of dev time then they promptly dropped support on all platforms. For that I am extremely wary of future games under their arm.

You have to go to the indie devs to find any sort of community respect. People like Keen Software House (Miner Wars) and Flying Wild Hog (Hard Reset) are very open to fans and include them with the design process. If you have a technical problem actual developers, not clueless talking heads hired to give out bogus info, will help you out.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 26 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

What do mean by foxing? I've never heard that term before and I couldn't find it online. I know you've had issues with the AvP license holders, but I thought that Sega was only in charge of Colonial Marines. I don't really keep up on that franchise.

I can't wait for my Christmas checks to clear. Thanks for reminding me I have another two days before I can buy Hard Reset. Damn car keeps bankrupting me.

This post has been edited by Descent: 26 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

It's from the internet term "FOXed" during a time when every new mod based on Aliens was in development 20th Century Fox lawyers would swoop in to remove them from existence. There were multiple mods for Quake, Half Life, Duke 3D, Starcraft and just about every popular game engine shut down. There were several for The Simpsons and other licenses owned by Fox. They even did it to the AvP1 editing tools/source code when it initially leaked to the public through one of the developers at Rebellion. it continues today, but considering how much more open the internet is compared to the 90's they realize containment is impossible.

The term expanded to cover any mods shut down by the property owners such as Halo and Warhammer. In more recent years "foxed" has been used to describe canceled tv shows like Firefly.

Here's an old blog post that does a really good job explaining: http://func-auton.net/blog/?p=41

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMad Max RW, on 26 December 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

Here's an old blog post that does a really good job explaining: http://func-auton.net/blog/?p=41

'tis booked marked. Sad, but ...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMad Max RW, on 26 December 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

Nobody will be brought to court. The worst that can happen is Gearbox bans people for linking duke4.net on their forums. If this site was part of a larger network that provided free hosting (such as Gamespy) then they'd contact IGN and have the staff removed. Fortunately that's not the case here so the only other thing they can do is permanently break off contact with Yatta, but information always has a way of getting out. I've seen these exact same tactics used on other communities and the fans always come out on top.

Of course, but they'll probably still threaten it. At the end of the day, I doubt Yatta really gives enough of a shit to risk his ass or his website over something as shitty as this.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options