Duke4.net Forums: so is the sp dlc dead? - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

so is the sp dlc dead?

User is offline   randir14 

I was actually looking forward to buying the single player DLC since I didn't give a shit about DNF's multiplayer. I hope it still comes out at some point.

View Postrandir14, on 02 December 2011 - 10:00 PM, said:

I was actually looking forward to buying the single player DLC since I didn't give a shit about DNF's multiplayer. I hope it still comes out at some point.

At this point, I think that only a miracle would get us a sp DLC so far after the release date, especially after all this silence regarding the game.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 06 December 2011 - 04:25 AM

User is offline   You 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 06 December 2011 - 04:25 AM, said:

At this point, I think that only a miracle would get us a sp DLC so far after the release date, especially after all this silence regarding the game.

I'm struggling to find it now, but one of the mods on the GBX forums confirmed that it was definitely coming out, but he couldn't give a date. I'd imagine the delay is due to having so few people working on it (with the main staff working on the more important games after DNF failing so bad). All this stuff was set in motion before the game was even released, they'd have distribution costs with Sony and Microsoft already agreed. The delay would just be due to a shrunken development team. It's probably just the Trip guys working on this now.

Also, in case it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else: Balls of steel edition of DNF is now only %30 of its original price.

User is offline   Martin 

Yeah, I saw a Balls of Steel in HMV yesterday for £20. Nobody wants it.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostYou, on 06 December 2011 - 08:23 AM, said:

I'm struggling to find it now, but one of the mods on the GBX forums confirmed that it was definitely coming out, but he couldn't give a date.

Was it a forum moderator or one of the Gearbox PR people? There's a difference, but only slight.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Yeah, at this point it seems GB will say almost anything.

User is offline   You 

View PostMad Max RW, on 06 December 2011 - 08:56 AM, said:

Was it a forum moderator or one of the Gearbox PR people? There's a difference, but only slight.

It was in one of the threads about the single player DLC. It must have been deleted, I can't find it now and I can't remember who made the comment.

The threads get so fucking derailed over there anyway, that most end up needing deleting after a few pages, so it's well possible it doesn't exist anymore. I seen the post about 3 weeks ago.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 06 December 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yeah, at this point it seems GB will say almost anything.

Do you mean GBX?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Deriving from context, obviously.

User is offline   Martin 

Imagine a "Complete Edition" of DNF with all the DLC. It'd still suck ass.

View PostMartin, on 06 December 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

Imagine a "Complete Edition" of DNF with all the DLC. It'd still suck ass.

:P :) :)

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Well, the irony is that it'd still be incomplete.

BTW: http://slickdeals.ne...ps3-or-xbox-360

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostYou, on 06 December 2011 - 08:23 AM, said:

It's probably just the Trip guys working on this now.

Then we're definitely screwed. All the worst decisions for the game sans mod tools were made before Gearbox got their grubby mits on it.

View PostYatta, on 08 December 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

Well, the irony is that it'd still be incomplete.

BTW: http://slickdeals.ne...ps3-or-xbox-360

Lol. Seeing that a brand new old school shooter like Serious Sam 3 can be so great, really makes me all the angrier at DNF for not being old school, and even more so at its developers.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 08 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

$5- That is fucking gold. I love it.

User is offline   K100 

The SP DLC is not dead ! :)

http://www.dukenukem...m/drwhoclonedme

User is offline   randir14 

Nice...but it's kind of strange that they announced it less than a week before it comes out.

User is offline   Green 

View Postrandir14, on 09 December 2011 - 01:33 PM, said:

Nice...but it's kind of strange that they announced it less than a week before it comes out.

They probably realised that Duke fans are impatient. :)

User is offline   Tetsuo 

Did anyone read that URL as "Doctor Who cloned me"? As if it was a Doctor Who tie-in? :)

This post has been edited by Tetsuo: 09 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

That shit looks higher res and more detailed than the rest of DNF at a first glance.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 09 December 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

That shit looks higher res and more detailed than the rest of DNF at a first glance.

Because they are staged screenshots.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMad Max RW, on 09 December 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

Because they are staged screenshots.

Yes, just like some screens that were shown before DNF launch were all "photoshopped".

What is the battlelord in the command multiplayer map for? The only way i could enjoy multiplayer now would be if they added a coop mode. Single player maps look nice. But i just really wanted some space maps :) And The old Overlord to come back :P Duke have been holding in his shit for 12 years.

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 09 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

• Honored Donor

View PostMr.Deviance, on 09 December 2011 - 05:22 PM, said:

It doesn't look that much better, and it certainly doesn't look better than the official 'screenshots' they released before the game came out. The graphics would probably still be lagging behind every single god damn FPS coming out this year.

View PostTetsuo, on 09 December 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

Did anyone read that URL as "Doctor Who cloned me"? As if it was a Doctor Who tie-in? :)

I can't wait to fight the 'Doctor'. Haven't fought him since the first game :P

This post has been edited by Bam050196: 09 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

• Honored Donor

View PostMicky C, on 09 December 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

It doesn't look that much better, and it certainly doesn't look better than the official 'screenshots' they released before the game came out. The graphics would probably still be lagging behind every single god damn FPS coming out this year.

A downvote? Fair enough, but you're implying that Gearbox would never try to make a game look better, or in fact, be better than it actually is :)

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMicky C, on 10 December 2011 - 12:11 AM, said:

A downvote? Fair enough, but you're implying that Gearbox would never try to make a game look better, or in fact, be better than it actually is :)

Why do you even care about one down vote? Your not exactly short of plus votes are you. Sorry but Im giving you a down vote for caring about down votes.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 10 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

• Honored Donor

Why does everyone think I care about downvotes? I think I have enough rep points:P

I was just pointing out the irony.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMicky C, on 10 December 2011 - 01:23 AM, said:

Why does everyone think I care about downvotes? I think I have enough rep points:P

I was just pointing out the irony.

Don't worry about it as soon as I down voted you someone upvoted you, you appear to have many friends lol. I just remember you complaining a few times about rare down votes you get, it doesnt matter really its not personal just people disagreeing with you. Lol I didnt know everyone thinks you care about down votes thats funny.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 10 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

• Honored Donor

The only two times I got annoyed about downvotes was when a lot of effort was put into writing a huge story for the competition (which obviously got downvoted), and when someone downvoted me the maximum amount of times possible for no reason. Turns out he was drunk at the time Posted Image

User is offline   X-Vector 

Didn't 2K already release this stuff five and a half years ago?

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options