Duke4.net Forums: THE IMPERIUM RELEASED! - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

THE IMPERIUM RELEASED!

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

There's a vent to the right, clearly visible in the shot.

User is offline   Kathy 

Okay, I found it. I thought I couldn't even jump in the corner since Duke kept hanging in the fence and couldn't get up it. Needed to jump from afar to get on it.

User is offline   Zaero 

I have a problem: level 3 doesn't load. The loading screen is visible and when it goes to 99% textures 1312/1318, then goes back to system without error massage. The possible reason is "Failed loading skin file "Strooper/BodyBrown.png": error -1". Full log below:

EDuke32 2.0.0devel r1931
Compiled Jul 10 2011 08:40:52
Application parameters: -jImperium -game_dir DukePlus -forcegl 
GL driver blacklist disabled.
Using D:/Duke Plus/ for game data
Using Imperium/ for game data
Using DukePlus/ for game data
Checking for updates...
Connecting to http://eduke32.sourceforge.net
Current version is 0... no updates available
Windows 7 (build 6.1.7600) 
Initialized nedmalloc
Initializing DirectDraw...
Searching for game data...
Using D:/Duke Plus/DukePlus/ for game data
Using 'duke3d.grp' as main game data file.
Using file 'autoload/eduke32_mus.zip' as game data.
Using file 'autoload/polymost_hrp_4.0.321.zip' as game data.
Using file 'autoload/polymost_hrp_4.9.278-update.zip' as game data.
Using file 'autoload/xxx_pack_1.32.zip' as game data.
Using file 'autoload/z1_classwarfare.zip' as game data.
Using file 'autoload/z2_DNF3D.zip' as game data.
Using file 'autoload/z3_glovedFX.zip' as game data.
Using file 'autoload/z4_goldg.zip' as game data.
Using file 'autoload/z6_grabbag_remix.zip' as game data.
Compiling: EDUKE.CON (36 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/DUKEPLUS.CON (438838 bytes)
Using DEF file: dukeplus.def.
Updated eduke32.cfg
Using config file 'DukePlus/dp.cfg'.
Including: DEFS.CON (36796 bytes)
Including: USER.CON (44927 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/DEFSPLUS.CON (59323 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/USERPLUS.CON (60852 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/LIGHTS.CON (26079 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dukebike/DUKEBIKE.CON (88372 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/HUDPLUS.CON (70051 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/PLAYERPLUS.CON (138534 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/MONSTERPLUS.CON (245552 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/CIVILIANS.CON (16898 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/strooper/STROOPER.CON (196470 bytes)
Resizing code buffer to 156994*4 bytes
Script compiled in 159ms, 156986*4b, version 1.4+
3937/11264 labels, 816/2048 variables
324 quotes, 46 strings, 40 events, 495 actors
Initialized 24.0M cache
Loading 'dukeplus.def'
Warning: defined hightile replacement for empty tile 9000. Maybe some tilesXXX.art are not loaded?
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "imperium/models/ImpGun/railtailx3.md3"
Error: file 'DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/tilefromtexture/5273.png' does not exist
Error on line DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/tilefromtexture/dptiles.def:108.
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "highres/sprites/firstperson/2510_devastator.md3"
Definitions file 'dukeplus.def' loaded.
RTS file DUKE.RTS was not found
Initializing OSD...
Switching kb layout from 00000415 to 00000409
Initializing DirectInput...
  - Enumerating attached game controllers
  - No game controllers found
Uninitializing DirectInput...
Executing "DukePlus/dp_settings.cfg"
clip map 0: warning: sprite 80 pointing neither northward nor southward. X-flipping will be wrong.
clip map 0: warning: sprite 81 pointing neither northward nor southward. X-flipping will be wrong.
Loaded clip map 0.
Executing "autoexec.cfg"
Disabling desktop composition...
Setting video mode 1280x800 (32-bit fullscreen)
OpenGL Information:
 Version:  2.1.2
 Vendor:   NVIDIA Corporation
 Renderer: GeForce Go 7300/PCI/SSE2
Cache contains 109242 bytes of garbage data
Initializing music...
Initializing sound... 32 voices, 2 channels, 16-bit 44100KHz
Load tile 2492: p0-m4-e0 highres/screen/menu/2492_ver.png... 95 ms
Load tile 2493: p0-m4-e0 imperium/imperium_kaiser.jpg... 38 ms
Load tile 3281: p0-m4-e0 imperium/imperium_kaiser.jpg... 38 ms
Load tile 6320: p0-m4-e0 DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/PLUS.png... 6 ms
EOF: EDuke32
Load tile   49: p0-m4-e0 highres/screen/hud/0049_shotgunammo.png... 5 ms
Load tile  499: p0-m4-e0 highres/textures/0499.jpg... 22 ms
Load tile  499: p1-m4-e1 ... 8 ms
Load tile  499: p6-m4-e3 ... 9 ms
Load tile  499: p251-m4-e9 ... 9 ms
Load tile  502: p0-m4-e0 highres/textures/0502.png... 20 ms
Load tile  502: p1-m4-e1 ... 9 ms
Load tile  502: p6-m4-e3 ... 9 ms
Load tile  502: p251-m4-e9 ... 8 ms
Load tile 2462: p0-m4-e0 highres/screen/hud/2462_statusbar.png... 16 ms
Load tile 2462: p1-m4-e1 ... 6 ms
Load tile 2462: p6-m4-e3 ... 7 ms
Load tile 2462: p251-m4-e9 ... 6 ms
Load tile 6275: p1-m4-e1 DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/Spark.png... 5 ms
Load tile 6277: p1-m4-e1 DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/Spark.png... 5 ms
Load tile 6346: p0-m4-e0 DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/firelaser.png... 7 ms
Cache time: 37779ms
Line 1206, setvar: Gv_SetVar(): invalid index (-1) for gamevar menunag
Load skin: p1-e1 "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/maxhealth.png"... cached... 90 ms
Failed loading skin file "Strooper/BodyBrown.png": error -1
OUT OF MEMORY in daskinloader!
Syncing memcache to texcache
Uninitializing DirectDraw...

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostZaero, on 22 September 2011 - 08:45 AM, said:

I have a problem: level 3 doesn't load. The loading screen is visible and when it goes to 99% textures 1312/1318, then goes back to system without error massage. The possible reason is "Failed loading skin file "Strooper/BodyBrown.png": error -1". Full log below:

<snip>

Try 'r_memcache 0' in the console and restarting EDuke32.

User is offline   Zaero 

View PostHelixhorned, on 22 September 2011 - 08:59 AM, said:

Try 'r_memcache 0' in the console and restarting EDuke32.

I tried the method - when I input the command in the console, the console replied with "..not valid cvar.." something. I was not happy but restarted the game anyway.
Finally.. the savegame loaded properly! Thank you very much! :(

EDIT:
Damn.. the problem still exists. When I was playing level 3 it crushed (near the area with blue keycard lock - enternance to the tower) to desktop. When I tried to load the game after I used the method described above, the game crushed again. I don't want to spam the forums with my logs, so I'll post last 3 lines which I consider important:
Failed loading skin file "Strooper/BodyRed.png": error -1
Uninitializing DirectDraw...

Is there a way to permanently avoid this error? Make cache bigger perhaps? Please help!

This post has been edited by Zaero: 22 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

You're running out of memory, so disabling the memcache is the way to go. Do this: get the newest revision from synthesis, and follow my earlier instructions (r_memcache 0). Now, all the stuff that's cached on disk will not be duplicated in memory too. Also, if you're on Windows XP and have more than 3 GB of physical memory, passing the /3GB switch in boot.ini might help (make sure you have another means to boot ready, should something go wrong).

User is offline   Zaero 

View PostHelixhorned, on 23 September 2011 - 07:55 AM, said:

You're running out of memory, so disabling the memcache is the way to go. Do this: get the newest revision from synthesis, and follow my earlier instructions (r_memcache 0). Now, all the stuff that's cached on disk will not be duplicated in memory too. Also, if you're on Windows XP and have more than 3 GB of physical memory, passing the /3GB switch in boot.ini might help (make sure you have another means to boot ready, should something go wrong).

Thanks! I did as you said and was able to load the savegame once again. How long I will be able to do so - we'll see..
BTW I use Win 7 and have 2GB DDR 2 (laptop).

Now I have some problems with DukeDC. When I start it with bat:
eduke32.exe -gdukedc.grp -gdukedc_hrp.zip -game_dir DukePlus -forcegl
some textures are replaced by pure color (the wall of White House is pure white, some tables in rooms are pure brown etc.
I can also see Imperium's "Duke is here!" screen on the desk of presidental office. When I don't use hrp the wall is just HOM effect.
I think that problem is caused by some Imperium content still cached, but tried the method seen above with no effect. Would you help?

I can provide screenshots on request, but later cuz it's very late here, where I live.

This post has been edited by Zaero: 23 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostZaero, on 23 September 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

Now I have some problems with DukeDC. When I start it with bat:
eduke32.exe -gdukedc.grp -gdukedc_hrp.zip -game_dir DukePlus -forcegl

I don't believe DukePlus was ever intended to run the add-ons, (or if it was some imperium stuff may have gotten in the way,) so some of the textures from DukeDC are probably being overwritten by DukePlus. Try changing your bat to not use -game_dir DukePlus

This post has been edited by Drek: 23 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Imperium has custom textures that may interfere with Duke in DC. Which has nothing to do with DukePlus, per se.

I can't imagine why anyone would try to play the Duke in DC add on from their Imperium install.

User is offline   Zaero 

View PostDeeperThought, on 23 September 2011 - 06:01 PM, said:

Imperium has custom textures that may interfere with Duke in DC. Which has nothing to do with DukePlus, per se.

I can't imagine why anyone would try to play the Duke in DC add on from their Imperium install.

Well to be honest I placed Imperium files in my eDuke32 main folder (not separate). I was not aware, nor I know the reason why it could interfere with content of other folders - but thanks for the info DT!

EDIT: I found the solution to the problem: when I've deleted Tiles014.ART from the main folder everything is fine. Renaming the file to Tiles014.ART1 for example should also do the trick.

This post has been edited by Zaero: 24 September 2011 - 07:17 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostZaero, on 24 September 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

Well to be honest I placed Imperium files in my eDuke32 main folder (not separate). I was not aware, nor I know the reason why it could interfere with content of other folders - but thanks for the info DT!

EDIT: I found the solution to the problem: when I've deleted Tiles014.ART from the main folder everything is fine. Renaming the file to Tiles014.ART1 for example should also do the trick.

You really should be keeping all add ons and mods in separate folders then unzip Eduke32 into each folder. Otherwise most mods will clash with each other. Hack fixes will usually come back to bite you :(

User is offline   nl3paul3nl 

Downloading :(. If it's any good, you can expect a playthrough of mine on YouTube soon. Be sure to keep your eyes on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/nl3paul3nl

View PostDeeperThought, on 20 August 2011 - 05:01 PM, said:

The long awaited Imperium episode has arrived at last!

DOWNLOAD IMPERIUM

The Imperium is an 8 level adventure with level design and music by the Oostrum brothers (a.k.a Merlijn and Maarten), additional level design by William Gee, Numan and Kaiser (who also made some models for this), with CON coding and some other odds and ends by me. It uses DukePlus, including Muelsa's Supertrooper. Everything you need to play is included in the download, except of course for DUKE3D.GRP. The Imperium does work with the Polymer HRP -- there are a few glitches but it looks great that way overall. Just to be clear, though: The levels were not designed for Polymer and the HRP is completely optional. Some people will like it better without the HRP. Instructions and credits are included with the download.

I have attached some screenshots, all of them from the first 2 levels.

Awesome!

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View Postnl3paul3nl, on 15 October 2011 - 02:23 AM, said:

Downloading :(. If it's any good, you can expect a playthrough of mine on YouTube soon. Be sure to keep your eyes on my channel:

Any good?? We'll be seeing that video of yours, no doubt!
What the heck took you so long to download it anyway? :(

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 15 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

User is offline   Merlijn 

View Postnl3paul3nl, on 15 October 2011 - 02:23 AM, said:

Cool, I hope you like it! And of course it's nice to see a fellow Dutchman here. :(

User is offline   Apiai 

Hello guys,

i got a problem : i've just found the canon base. I can see the 3D model of the gun in the game, but when i take it, i can't see it.
Can someone tell me which is the file corresponding to the model gun, i'd like to check if the file is here or not.

Other thing : i've got 20 ammos but i can't shoot with the gun. Is it normal or must i wait for an upgrade later in the game ?

(I'm playing without hrp, in opengl mode. I don't have the hrp zip file in autoload folder.)
Here's the eduke log :

EDuke32 2.0.0devel r1982
Compiled Aug 20 2011 14:20:55
Application parameters: -jImperium -game_dir DukePlus -forcegl
GL driver blacklist disabled.
Using C:/Users/SJ05444S/Documents/Disque Dur Copie/Imperium2011/ for game data
Using Imperium/ for game data
Using DukePlus/ for game data
Checking for updates...
Connecting to http://eduke32.sourceforge.net
update: failed to check for updates
Windows Vista (build 6.0.6002) Service Pack 2
Initialized nedmalloc
Initializing DirectDraw...
Searching for game data...
Using C:/Users/SJ05444S/Documents/Disque Dur Copie/Imperium2011/DukePlus/ for game data
Using 'duke3d.grp' as main game data file.
Compiling: EDUKE.CON (36 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/DUKEPLUS.CON (438941 bytes)
Using DEF file: dukeplus.def.
Updated eduke32.cfg
Using config file 'DukePlus/dp.cfg'.
Including: DEFS.CON (36796 bytes)
Including: USER.CON (44927 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/DEFSPLUS.CON (59323 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/USERPLUS.CON (60924 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/LIGHTS.CON (26079 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dukebike/DUKEBIKE.CON (88372 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/HUDPLUS.CON (70051 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/PLAYERPLUS.CON (138530 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/MONSTERPLUS.CON (245528 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/dpcons/CIVILIANS.CON (16898 bytes)
Including: DukePlus/strooper/STROOPER.CON (196470 bytes)
Resizing code buffer to 157009*4 bytes
Script compiled in 117ms, 157001*4b, version 1.4+
3937/11264 labels, 816/2048 variables
324 quotes, 46 strings, 40 events, 495 actors
Initialized 24.0M cache
Loading 'dukeplus.def'
Warning: Failed including duke3d_hrp.def on line duke3d.def:1
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "imperium/models/ImpGun/railtailx3.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "dukebike/dukebike.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "dukebike/part1.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "dukebike/part2.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "dukebike/part3.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "dukebike/part4.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "dukebike/part5.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "dukebike/part6.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "dukebike/dukeonbike.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/civilians/Civ1/Civ1.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/civilians/Civ2/Civ2.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/civilians/Civ2/Civ2.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/civilians/Civ3/Civ3.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/civilians/Civ3/Civ3.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/civilians/Civ4/Civ4.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/civilians/Civ5/Civ5.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/civilians/Civ6/Civ6.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/civilians/Civ7/Civ7.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/civilians/Civ3/civ3_anim.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "highres/sprites/characters/1405_duke.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "highres/sprites/firstperson/2524_pistol.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "highres/sprites/firstperson/2524_pistol.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "highres/sprites/firstperson/2530_clip.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "highres/sprites/firstperson/2532_cliphand.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "highres/sprites/firstperson/2510_devastator.md3"
Warning: Failed loading MD2/MD3 model "DUKEPLUS_RESOURCES/GRAPHICS/MAP_EFFECTS/models/6239.md3"

This post has been edited by Apiai: 21 October 2011 - 12:41 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostApiai, on 21 October 2011 - 12:39 AM, said:

Hello guys,

i got a problem : i've just found the canon base. I can see the 3D model of the gun in the game, but when i take it, i can't see it.
Can someone tell me which is the file corresponding to the model gun, i'd like to check if the file is here or not.

Other thing : i've got 20 ammos but i can't shoot with the gun. Is it normal or must i wait for an upgrade later in the game ?

(I'm playing without hrp, in opengl mode. I don't have the hrp zip file in autoload folder.)
Here's the eduke log :

There is nothing wrong. Those models were removed for the version of DukePlus that comes with Imperium because they were not needed. The reason you cannot see or fire the gun yet is that you only have the base. You must have the second part of the gun before you can use it. If you look at the view screen near where you got the base, you will see that it shows the parts of the gun and that it is not a working weapon until you get the cannon part.

I have been terribly busy for the past time, but a video should be coming today, even though I should be doing other things. But for Duke, you make sacrifices.

That's cool, I see you've already uploaded the prologue. Can't wait to see the gameplay. :D

One thing though:

Besides, who plays duke for the story?

Well, even the old Doom had a background story, so I figured I should add one as well. In the old days I would simply add a txt.file with the background story, but thanks to dukeplus I could make that cutscene. Which is much cooler IMO. :) And it neatly ties all the maps together, which is important in an episode.

But your quote is the exact reason why the prologue isn't included in the actual episode; I know some people won't care for a background story, and they can simply ignore the prologue.

User is offline   djdori11 

Looks like great TC, can I play it with the polymost 4.0 HRP? i want 3D models but not the lag of the polymer.

This post has been edited by djdori11: 29 December 2011 - 12:49 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postdjdori11, on 29 December 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Looks like great TC, can I play it with the polymost 4.0 HRP? i want 3D models but not the lag of the polymer.

Yes. Works fine. Looks good.
:P Try Polymost HRP 4.9 :)

User is offline   djdori11 

View PostLeoD, on 29 December 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Yes. Works fine. Looks good.
:P Try Polymost HRP 4.9 :)

Thanks, I might use your HRP, but meanwhile everything is fine with 4.0 :)
Btw to the creators of this TC - It's great I like it a lot! I'm in the third level now, the second level was very long - took me 50 minutes to complete lol, but it was amazing.
I like that in this TC you play as Duke again and it's like another Duke 3D episode just much more advanced and modern - you know there is Duke Plus and all this modern stuff and new stuff.
And another thing that I liked is that you can play this TC on what ever you want, polymost, polymer, polymer HRP etc.. Unlike other mods where you have to play on certain option and others unsupported.
So thanks for this great TC i'm having great fun with it.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postdjdori11, on 30 December 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

And another thing that I liked is that you can play this TC on what ever you want, polymost, polymer, polymer HRP etc.. Unlike other mods where you have to play on certain option and others unsupported.

That's true, but if you asked the level designers, they would say it is made for polymost without the HRP, since that was how they built most of it.

In case anyone was wondering when the Duke there would be a video of level 2, it is out there, so check out my channel. By the way, happy new year everybody!

This post has been edited by nl3paul3nl: 31 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

View PostDeeperThought, on 30 December 2011 - 03:11 PM, said:

That's true, but if you asked the level designers, they would say it is made for polymost without the HRP, since that was how they built most of it.

The only thing that really irked me is that polymer can't handle more skyboxes in a level, or has this been fixed? As far as I'm concerned, you can play this episode any way you want. We didn't have one specific setting in mind.

@ Paul: great, gonna watch!

Happy new year everybody. :)

User is offline   Gambini 

Resumed my savegame with this mod, from a few months ago...

I was stuck at level 4 and so i kept being stuck for some more time. I really wanted to play level 5 this time so i didn´t let the complexity of this huge level prevent me to do so. I cheated to get some key and kept advancing, then cheated again to kill those nasty jumping liztroops and then again to get the last key. The level is very good looking but way to intrincated to be solved by someone that only wants to have a good time with a game.

Finally reached level 5, i had a hunch about it. The level starts slow, it looked a little bit simple for Merljin´s standars but the BFG ball out of control and the screams made up for it, pretty cool. But then i entered the dark part and whooa! I was in that nightmare again! The level managed to put me on goose pimples while my son repeated "whoever did this knows how to make scary maps" over and over. "Those things..." became for first time in the mod suitable when they spawned as shadows. That was awesome and then the restroom sequence and then the hole in the ceiling! I would have wished this map were longer but still it was as great as i imagined it would be. Continued playing the next level but in the engines room all gets out of control. It is damn too difficult with all those monsters shooting every kind of projectiles. A Jumping liztroop is a challenge alone, imagine several of them plus all regular duke monsters hiding behind the fog, without forgetting their new arsenal. One thing that really bothered me is that the game kept stalling everytime a bunch of enemies spawn. I don´t know if it´s my cpu trying to manage massive amounts of code or the precache system but whatever it is it makes my screen freeze for about two seconds and when it´s back I´ve moved the aim to another point and have to reorientate myself again.

Playing Merljin´s maps was in my todo list for some months, now that i´m done with it (and plenty of satisfaction) i doubt i´ll keep playing this mod. Not because i dont like it but because it is very hard.

PS: the soundtrack is amazing.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Since you cheated to skip stuff, you probably missed some upgrades and made it harder on yourself. There are upgrades to max health and to the weapons scattered throughout the levels, especially after boss fights.

I'm having severe issues with missing textures that make the game unplayable as soon Duke boards his "duke bike"... even if I suffer through the visual artifacts and green blurs and get autopilot to land the craft, when I get off the problem persists. Here's what I've tried doing to troubleshoot so far:

1. Ran the game without the autoload folder enabled to just use 2d sprites .. no luck still looks like a bad LSD trip when I fly the dukebike
2. I tried swapping out the latest version of DukePlus and the one that came with the Imperium zip file... still no luck
3. Tried renaming Tiles014.ART to be all lowercase tiles014.art, sometimes this makes a difference, however not in this case.

anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostGreatSudoku, on 03 February 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Post your logfile eduke32.log as attachment.

View PostLeoD, on 03 February 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

Post your logfile eduke32.log as attachment.

I seem to have found the root of the issue. Not sure if this is linux-specific or not, but there's some discrepancies in the imperium.def file. The sky_IE files are looking for an Imperium folder with a capital "I", while the texture files were looking for an imperium folder with a lowercase "i". I ended up manually having to edit imperium.def by hand to correct this.

This post has been edited by GreatSudoku: 03 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options