Duke4.net Forums: Hellduke and Weapons of Mass Destruction - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hellduke and Weapons of Mass Destruction  "help, please"

User is offline   nukemania 

I need help with running (several, actually) EDuke32 mods I saw on the Eduke32 wiki.

For Weapons of Mass Destruction, I followed the instructions included with the latest release on Moddb, but EDuke32 is giving many errors before the game even begins. For example, it may give an error about eduke.con having problems so it asks to use defaults or something. Other times, some sort of fatal error related to sound buffer crashes before the game starts.

I have a similar problem with the Hellduke TC.

That brings me to my next question: can the latest version of EDuke32 run most of the mods properly (the ones listed at the EDuke32 wiki)?

Help is appreciated :(

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

All I can tell you about Duke Nukem: Weapon of Mass Destruction (it is singular because he is the weapon) is to use the exe that it came with. Changes that break mods happen, and I don't want to go back and work on that again. Ok, I might, but not right now.

User is offline   XThX2 

For Hellduke, you need to use a very very older version of Eduke, I don't have it off the top of my head but I'll be sure to include the Eduke that should be used with it when I hopefully finish newer version.

This post has been edited by XThX2: 19 September 2011 - 04:18 AM

User is offline   Player Lin 

This is perfect example which every mod authors should be updated their mods to works with newer/latest program...

Or stored a old version that works fine when needed...

:(

(But it still good to heard both DNWMD and HellDuke will updated when it's done. xD)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 19 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

View PostDeeperThought, on 18 September 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

All I can tell you about Duke Nukem: Weapon of Mass Destruction (it is singular because he is the weapon) is to use the exe that it came with. Changes that break mods happen, and I don't want to go back and work on that again. Ok, I might, but not right now.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I was using the exe that came with it :( It crashes nonetheless.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Is there anything in the newer revisions that's particularly show-stopping for the DNWMD experience? Unintended changes of well-defined CON semantics are bugs, after all...

• Duke Plus Developer

I got curious and fired up my own copy DNWMD and it works fine with the latest revision, with no errors or warnings. I now remember what the problem was. At some point, EDuke32 got sensitive about some invisible character that used to be treated as blank space. The CON errors are just a result of that. I found the offending characters and removed them from my own CONs long ago, but never uploaded them. So here they are.

Just replace the folder with the same name DNWMD/dnwmd_cons

Attached File(s)

View PostDeeperThought, on 19 September 2011 - 11:43 AM, said:

I got curious and fired up my own copy DNWMD and it works fine with the latest revision, with no errors or warnings. I now remember what the problem was. At some point, EDuke32 got sensitive about some invisible character that used to be treated as blank space. The CON errors are just a result of that. I found the offending characters and removed them from my own CONs long ago, but never uploaded them. So here they are.

Just replace the folder with the same name DNWMD/dnwmd_cons

Thanks!

And no, it's just that I like trying out all the mods for the fun of it. They hold some value, at least to me, I think they're interesting to play.

The thing is, I have Dukeplus installed (latest one), which I assume also uses the latest EDuke32 version (I could be wrong) and WMD didn't work on that either, so that's why I was wondering. The only other problem is with HellDuke. I'm unsure of the latest version, its stability and whatnot.

Then again, looking at the wiki, there is plenty of cool-looking mods that I'm tempted to play, but I fear they require an older/different version of EDuke32 than I already have (which I have a few versions for some mods).

• Duke Plus Developer

The sequel to DNWMD is War of Attrition, which you can get here.

Just saying.

I just tried playing some war of attrition that past 3 days. It's pretty fun. I especially like that you can level up weapons, and all the maps that i haven't played before. Some of the maps sucks, but most of the maps are really good. I chose the volume Random Missions 3. Does the volume end at level 16 Moon base? I had to use the console to get past that level because it ended the episode when i killed the boss...

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postrasmus thorup, on 19 September 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

I just tried playing some war of attrition that past 3 days. It's pretty fun. I especially like that you can level up weapons, and all the maps that i haven't played before. Some of the maps sucks, but most of the maps are really good. I chose the volume Random Missions 3. Does the volume end at level 16 Moon base? I had to use the console to get past that level because it ended the episode when i killed the boss...

Yes I believe that the Moon Base is supposed to be the end of volume 3, so what happened was not a bug. If you use a console cheat to avoid the ending, then I'm not sure what will happen but the episode might go on forever. If you want it to go on forever there is already the high score mode option for that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options