Duke4.net Forums: StrikerDM - The Ultimate NetDuke32 DM Mod! - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

StrikerDM - The Ultimate NetDuke32 DM Mod!  "NetDuke32 Multiplayer Mod and Community Map Pack!"

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

StrikerDM - A NetDuke32 Dukematch Mod and Community Map Pack!
Posted Image
Click the image for an imgur gallery of map screenshots! (Warning: Some shots may be NSFW)
More screenshots will be uploaded over time.

Just what is StrikerDM?
- StrikerDM started as a very simple personal project, born out of being sick of Megaton and World Tour's workshop limitations. At the beginning, it only had a few CON tweaks and touched-up/overhauled versions of some old maps of mine from 2002, one of which was on the workshop for some time before this project. It was quite simple, and was my way of re-familiarizing myself with Duke3D Modding after an insanely long hiatus. Over time, the project increased in scope, and I ended up adding new weapons, sprites/textures, sounds, and features to coincide with my fixes and improvements to EDuke32-OldMP (Now known as NetDuke32). My goal was to make the ultimate Dukematch mod, while still keeping the gameplay faithful to what makes Duke3D Multiplayer so great. I managed to catch the attention of the community, and people started giving me their maps to include in the mod, thus it became a community-driven effort in the end.

What are StrikerDM's features?
  • New maps from myself, and many members of the community! (Over 100 maps!)
  • New weapons! (Super Shotgun, Incinerator, Railgun, Plasma Rifle.)
  • New mapping features! (Jump pads, Doom-style timed platforms, insta-kill floors, no pistol start mode, etc.)
  • New game modes! (Instagib, Roidmatch, Dukematch with Weapon Stay.)
  • Updated and fixed maps from "Duke Tournament"! (With mikko_sandt's permission.)
  • Mild balance improvements! (Stronger Mighty Foot, faster Devastator missiles, hitscan-shootable Tripmines, and nerfed Pistol accuracy only at extremely long ranges.)
  • Fair Dukebots! (No longer have godly aimbot aim with weapons.)
  • More gore! (Gibs have blood trails, impact noises, and will stay on the ground for a bit before fading away.)
  • HD Sounds! (Some are HD versions of Duke3D's original sounds, many are new!)
  • HD Duke Talk! (From Manhattan Project, Duke Nukem: Time To Kill, Duke Nukem Forever, and 20th Anniversary World Tour. Over 70 new lines! When dialogue is shared between games, the one with the best performance is chosen.)
  • Duke Talk in Dukematch! (Dukes getting kills will speak, with proper stereo positioning.)
  • Context-specific Duke Talk! (Different weapons like the Shrinker and Freezethrower will trigger different lines, or using certain items like Steroids.)
  • Respawning props in Dukematch! (Long Dukematches will no longer leave a map devoid of shit to break!)
  • Widescreen-friendly weapon sprites! (No cutoff in widescreen resolutions)

Who are the people involved in StrikerDM? Got credits? Special thanks?
Yes! They are here: CLICK

If I'm missing anybody, please let me know! I don't want to be an asshole and leave anyone un-credited for their stuff.

What do I need to run StrikerDM?
NetDuke32
Without this, it'll either refuse to run, or get CON errors.
Also, you'll need to run it in the Polymost (OpenGL 32-bit) renderer! This mod isn't software friendly at all.

Got a download link?
https://shadowmaveri...s/strikerdm.php

How do I install it?
  • If you're using NetLauncher (included with NetDuke32), stick the StrikerDM-r###.pk3 file in the /mods/ subfolder.
  • If you're using Meltdown, stick it in "Meltdown/Duke Nukem 3D/Mods"
  • If you're using YANG, stick it in the same folder as NetDuke32, and add "-gStrikerDM-r###.pk3" to the room's launch args.
  • If you wish to use the command line, see the list of commands and their descriptions when you type "NetDuke32 -?".

Can I play "Alien World Tour" with this?
Yes, but you need to use a tool to generate the necessary file out of your own copy of Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour.
You can find said tool here: Link
Just carefully follow the instructions within.

Anything else I should know?
Yes, there's fair bit of adult/NSFW content in some maps. The adult mode toggle has been changed to toggle this content, rather than toggling gore/swearing. Make use of this when streaming or near sensitive folk.
Also, while not necessarily important, I do reccommend using VirtualMidiSynth with the Arachno Soundfont, as that's what I used when deciding which midis to use in this mod! You can find them here and here.

Any upcoming features?
Absolutely! But I'm going to keep that a surprise for now.

Do you take map submissions?
Absolutely! That's one of the points of the mod. PM me your maps with a matching song (MIDI only for now, please!), and I'll stick it in the Community Maps episode with your name credit in the in-game level title.

This post has been edited by Striker: 08 February 2022 - 11:36 PM

• Auramancer

StrikerDM r105 is now released! Grab it in the first post.

If anyone wants to play a few matches with me, come join the Duke4.net Discord server, I'll be arranging a few games in the #dukematch channel.

This post has been edited by Striker: 18 March 2018 - 03:01 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Is a server required or can I directly play one on one against someone? I suppose I should DL and read the instructions.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 18 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

• Auramancer

You need to use EDuke32-OldMP_Maintenance. Read the readme.txt file that comes with it.

User is offline   Mark 

Ok. Between the readme file and your post earlier in this thread it seems either Yang, Meltown or Discord servers are used to connect. So I guess that answers my question about being able to connect directly to another player. The answer is no.
Unless I missed something. Forgive my ignorance. I haven't deathmatched since the days of 56k phone modems in the 90's.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 18 March 2018 - 04:49 PM

• Auramancer

You can use the command line too, but that's not exactly convenient. EDuke32-OldMP already comes with the stuff you need to connect via Discord.

If you really want to use the command line, run "eduke32-oldmp.exe -?" to get a parameter list. Your mileage may vary.

This post has been edited by Striker: 18 March 2018 - 05:42 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Mark. is trying to have himself an old-school '90s styled LAN party

• Auramancer

For LAN, your best bet is probably YANG.

User is offline   Mark 

I just wanted to connect with another computer at my house. I thought things might have progressed that far. I've waited for many years. I can wait a while longer. Hopefully the hard work you've done has brought it closer to happening.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

This is OldMP.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMark., on 19 March 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:

Without the attitude, please just answer my original question with a simple yes or no. Can I connect DIRECTLY with another player?

Directly meaning NOT through an online server such as Yang or others. Just between 2 computers at my house on the same home network.

I'm pretty sure you could always do that using command line.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Much vinegar to be had in this thread. It's almost like listening to real dukematchers talk.

I don't know if the command line arguments work with this version of eduke
http://wiki.eduke32....iki/Multiplayer

try them.

If not, use Yang for your LAN connection & do this:
  • If you're using YANG, stick it in the same folder as EDuke32-OldMP, and add "-gStrikerDM-r###.pk3" to the room's launch args

Just connect to your i.p. instead of the yang server
(i don't think you need to set up port forwarding if it's your own i.p.)

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Keep it civil everyone. :)

One person starts the game up and everyone else then connects. That's all there is to it. Using YANG is just more convenient than entering a bunch of command line parameters yourself.

http://static.jonof....leasenotes.html

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

This looks like a great mod that can serve an important function in the community, and clearly Sriker has put a lot of work into it. It will probably be a while before I can play it myself, because I'm super busy this week, but it looks like a lot of fun. I imagine it's the same with some other Dukers around here. Striker, we know you've had a horrible week (because you said so), but don't take the lack of responses in this thread to indicate a lack of appreciation for your project. Arranging a MP game in Duke is a bit more involved than quickly loading up a new singleplayer map.

I have taken the liberty of hiding the negative posts above that aren't useful. Let's hit the reset button on this thread and move forward.

• Auramancer

It ain't the lack of response that's bothering me, that's more than alright. It's just a combination of having to repeat myself to one person after already giving the answer one was looking for, and being unfairly stereotyped by another. Having the thread crapped up with that kind of thing after pouring my heart and soul into getting this out the door is what's hitting a bad nerve with me. Doesn't help that I'm incredibly sleep deprived and stressed/burned out.

I just want this the be the one positive thing I get out of the week. Either way, thanks Dan.

This post has been edited by Striker: 19 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I think it would be cool if you captured some video (preferably with audio chat too) of a match and posted it here. But only after you get some sleep.

• Auramancer

I do have a compilation of gameplay, but I need to get it all cut together. If anyone wants to get together for a stream, I can do that too, on Discord.

• Auramancer

Here's some old footage from 2016, not exactly representative of the final product (missing a lot of visual effects, sounds, maps, and other stuff), but demonstrates the Roidmatch game-mode in particular quite well:

More (better) footage to come.

EDIT: Also, check the EDuke32-OldMP thread. I had to put another update out due to another oversight. (the -? menu was supposed to have instructions for the -net command, but was missing due to an accidental reverting of said feature)

This post has been edited by Striker: 19 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

• Auramancer

StrikerDM revision 108 has been uploaded. It contains some updates to a few maps, a new map, and a texture fix (I had accidentally overwritten a stock Duke3D texture, undid this and moved the new texture).

See the first post for the download link.

Also, OldMP release 14 is out, I fixed some major issues. https://forums.duke4...post__p__297371

• Auramancer

Video of my friends and I goofing off and playing the map "Tripbomberman" by Noldor Ranzou:

• Auramancer

StrikerDM r120 is released! Fixes some bugs, spruces up some maps, and adds many more maps from the community. Also, smoother shotgun animations, a new behavior for the plasma rifle, etc.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostStriker, on 05 August 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

StrikerDM r120 is released! Fixes some bugs, spruces up some maps, and adds many more maps from the community. Also, smoother shotgun animations, a new behavior for the plasma rifle, etc.

So how come you aren't keeping your repo up-to-date? https://gitlab.com/m...dMP_Maintenance

The latest version seems to be posted in your Google Drive found here: https://drive.google...R1dCRGVBa3FiVms

• Auramancer

View PostPaul B, on 05 August 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

So how come you aren't keeping your repo up-to-date? https://gitlab.com/m...dMP_Maintenance

The latest version seems to be posted in your Google Drive found here: https://drive.google...R1dCRGVBa3FiVms

I *AM* keeping my repo up to date. How did you come up with the conclusion that I'm not? The version number is exactly the same and everything when running it, and that zip doesn't have the usual release number or other content normally included with my releases.

There's absolutely no difference to the build that was on my google drive, the only difference is debugging is disabled so my friend could run the game without crashing with his Razer Kraken headset (which has shitty drivers that cause any program with any form of debugging to crash, like League of Legends for example).

This post has been edited by Striker: 15 August 2018 - 10:04 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostStriker, on 15 August 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

I *AM* keeping my repo up to date. How did you come up with the conclusion that I'm not? The version number is exactly the same and everything when running it, and that zip doesn't have the usual release number or other content normally included with my releases.

There's absolutely no difference to the build that was on my google drive, the only difference is debugging is disabled so my friend could run the game without crashing with his Razer Kraken headset (which has shitty drivers that cause any program with any form of debugging to crash, like League of Legends for example).

Sorry, probably my fault looking in the wrong place. I only saw eduke32-oldmp_release_15 listed as the most current release on your github repo. Which shows a date of April 3rd 2018 as the most current contribution. I was expecting to find R120 as a result of what was mentioned below.

View PostStriker, on 05 August 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

This post has been edited by Paul B: 15 August 2018 - 12:54 PM

• Auramancer

That's StrikerDM r120, not EDuke32-OldMP. Release 15 is the latest EDuke32-OldMP.

Speaking of StrikerDM though, I am gonna put another release of that out soon, I have a new map, and a bunch of fixes to bugs I found.

This post has been edited by Striker: 15 August 2018 - 01:08 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

There may be some confusion between EDuke32-OldMP, the source port, and StrikerDM, the mod.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostHendricks266, on 15 August 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

There may be some confusion between EDuke32-OldMP, the source port, and StrikerDM, the mod.

Ahh... now I see my confusion. Sorry about that guys! Thanks for the clarification Hendricks.

• Auramancer

Work in progress map. One of my old Doom maps ported to Duke3D: https://streamable.com/n5hpa

• Auramancer

StrikerDM r124 released! Two new maps from myself, and several community maps added. Some of the weapons have been tweaked, and there are some new mapping features (such as being able to define closing sounds for lotag 20 doors).

Download at the usual place. (See first post)

This post has been edited by Striker: 31 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

• Auramancer

EDuke32-OldMP release 16 is now out. https://gitlab.com/m...ldmp_release_16

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options