Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss restoration project  "No, the project is not dead."

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

Forge, on 08 June 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

enjoying all the accusations.
i'm not 'in the know', so as far as I can tell, it's all based on nothing more than assumptions.

can someone please provide some poof of who 'leaked' the material.
can someone also please provide some proof that robman is behind it - because all I see is corvin involved in promoting the hosting and spread of the DK files.

Yeah, I'm kinda on the same boat here... It kinda seems like they're just making assumptions now... I think they're blaming Robman because Corvin made a post about the assets on Robman's forums (well, where else would Corvin post it? Duke4? XD) but that's no reason to start pointing fingers at Robman.

TerminX, on 08 June 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

We logged LeoTCK accessing a forgotten copy of the data on our server at the end of last month, and Robman accessing it 2 days later. Robman spammed links to it all over our Discord and gave it to Corvin to release in retaliation for banning him. It's very clear what happened and there is zero ambiguity in any of it.

Oh... NVM, then...

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 08 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

User is offline   Forge 

TerminX, on 08 June 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

We logged LeoTCK accessing a forgotten copy of the data on our server at the end of last month, and Robman accessing it 2 days later. Robman spammed links to it all over our Discord and gave it to Corvin to release in retaliation for banning him. It's very clear what happened and there is zero ambiguity in any of it.

Okay.
Thank you for explaining.
That was pretty much a dick-move on his part then.
(all three of them)

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Shadow Warrior Deadly Kiss Assets

The unreleased, and unfinished SW add-on Deadly Kiss original raw assets are available for download from several sources. So now Shadow Warrior Community wide tweaking and collaboration can begin on refining to produce a DK add-on.

It's abundantly clear that this move is a personal retaliation against Duke4 and me personally. You can see all the laughable narrative spinning on various RTCM frontpage posts leading up to this, and this latest one is a dig against my small team working on it privately.

User is offline   Forge 

Is there anything that can be done about it? Pandora's box has been opened so to speak, so all those SW people probably have 5 copies each by now.

Has anybody contacted Joe about this nonsense yet?

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

User is offline   Forge 

The only solution I can come up with off the top of my head is if Joe can somehow find the contracts on it to determine ownership.
If someone still owns it, then maybe a contract between hendricks and the owner can take place, and any release of the material, or products made form the material can get a C & D unless authorized and licensed through hendricks.

I do not see how this is fair when Robman does not get to share his part of the story (he's banned...)
Robman says:
"The only thing I posted in the discord chat was Hendricks' link to their packaged version of DK why? I was repeatedly
told to by Jimmy and also team leader Hendricks in the form of "release it f*g**t."

The file that is on RTCM isn't the one from Hendricks' link now is it?
So why assume it was my doing? Assumptions Assumtions... "

*EDIT: Rob told me to add "Maybe Corvin is upset that TerminX(Duke4) stole all 15gb of his RTCM website AND the domain name."

To be clear, I am not picking sides, I am just making sure both sides of the story are acknowledged.

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 08 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

This story is like a face sprite; there's only one side.

TerminX, on 08 June 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

This story is like a face sprite; there's only one side.

Yeah, I know.
Just helpin' my buddy out :P

User is offline   Forge 

Ninjakitty, on 08 June 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

The file that is on RTCM isn't the one from Hendricks' link now is it?
So why assume it was my doing? Assumptions Assumtions... "

I asked this earlier - if they were the raw files from Joe or the files off the hendricks' team svn(?) host

Rob can play coy and dodge involvement, but corvin is definitely hosting DK files, and Rob is allowing corvin to post about it on his SW forum.
His hands might not be red, but they're not clean either.

User is offline   Forge 

I can put up with Rob being a jackass - it's pretty funny at times, but if he released, or is supporting the release of the DK files, I'm pretty disappointed in him.

• el fundador

The files on RTCM are the raw files, the link Robman spammed was to a build packaged to run under SWP. It's possible Leo leaked the package from Wilcox to Corvin separately from leaking the SWP package to Robman. I don't feel the distinction matters as Robman was the first to leak any of it to the public.

Robman says:
"Assuming innocent people like Leo of being guilty won't get you anywhere positive.
I already told you that Jimmy gave me the link long ago, before he turned into as asswhipe.

Guess you shouldn't have banned me, guess you shouldn't have given me express permission to post Hendricks' link on the discord chat.
"release it f*ggot" is permission. I guess you shouldn't have stolen Corvin's website."

And he wants to tell Forge that he doesn't care.

Again, this is Robman talking, not me.

This post has been edited by Ninjakitty: 08 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

• el fundador

Well, Robman is banned, so quit pasting his bullshit messages here. It turns out that not being able to post is the largest part of being banned.

TerminX, on 08 June 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Well, Robman is banned, so quit pasting his bullshit messages here. It turns out that not being able to post is the largest part of being banned.

He has nothing further to say. Sorry, I'll stop.

User is offline   Forge 

Feeling justified to do something that low because someone called you a faggot only applies to the elementary school playground.
Sometimes we have to absorb other people's taunts and insults & learn to walk away. It's called maturity. Spamming that link wasn't cool if it was done over nothing more than pride and dented feelings.

And corvin didn't get that link all by himself - someone gave it to him. Process of elimination would most likely indicate Leo.

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 June 2017 - 07:14 PM

• el fundador

Ninjakitty, on 08 June 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

He has nothing further to say. Sorry, I'll stop.

Thanks! We have nothing against you for being his friend, we just aren't interested in having his messages relayed onto the forum. If we wanted that I wouldn't have banned him. ;)

TerminX, on 08 June 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Thanks! We have nothing against you for being his friend, we just aren't interested in having his messages relayed onto the forum. If we wanted that I wouldn't have banned him. ;)

OK, thanks for understanding! :)

• Weaponized Autism

Ninjakitty, on 08 June 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

Robman says:
"Assuming innocent people like Leo of being guilty won't get you anywhere positive.
I already told you that Jimmy gave me the link long ago, before he turned into as asswhipe.

I'm going to need cold hard evidence to believe that this is anything other than an attempt at sowing dissent among the DK team.

Ninjakitty, on 08 June 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

Guess you shouldn't have banned me, guess you shouldn't have given me express permission to post Hendricks' link on the discord chat.
"release it f*ggot" is permission. I guess you shouldn't have stolen Corvin's website."

Calling someone's bluff is not permission.

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

imho the best thing for the Duke4 DK team to do is continue development and try not to get distracted by this. It would be unfortunate if a shitty Robman version of DK were distributed, but in end players will remember quality, and if there's a shit version it will be soon be forgotten.

Trooper Dan, on 08 June 2017 - 07:22 PM, said:

imho the best thing for the Duke4 DK team to do is continue development and try not to get distracted by this. It would be unfortunate if a shitty Robman version of DK were distributed, but in end players will remember quality, and if there's a shit version it will be soon be forgotten.

I completely agree with this. imo duke4 dk team should move forward with the project like nothing happened. It sucks this happened, but in the end you guys will make a superior game. The only thing this changes is some people will play a shittier version of the game before yours.

User is offline   cybdmn 

Hendricks266, on 08 June 2017 - 12:12 AM, said:

It has come to my attention that someone has leaked all of the recovered Deadly Kiss data to Robman, who is now spreading it around in retaliation for being banned, with the help of Corvin from RTCM.

This is an unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material and I ask the community's help in stamping it out.

https://en.wikipedia...treisand_effect

• Weaponized Autism

This was as low-key an approach as I could take while addressing other concerns in my threat model.

User is offline   cybdmn 

Hendricks266, on 08 June 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

This was as low-key an approach as I could take while addressing other concerns in my threat model.

I for myself wasn't aware of the leak until it was mentioned here. And after the mention of the two possible protagonists, it is a no brainer to find these files.

• Weaponized Autism

You're not telling me anything I don't know.

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

cybdmn, on 08 June 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

I for myself wasn't aware of the leak until it was mentioned here. And after the mention of the two possible protagonists, it is a no brainer to find these files.

To be fair, if Hendricks266 or some other member of the team had not been the first to post about it in the forum, then someone else --almost certainly someone less knowledgeable-- would have done so by now. And if it had been someone outside the team, then it would leave the impression that the team were either caught off guard, or were trying to hide it, neither of which looks good. So, if you think about it, writing a little post about it right after it happened was probably the best he could do.

• Weaponized Autism

Good points. I have other concerns as well, but I'm not going to mention what they are since that might give someone an idea of how to cause more trouble.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

What exactly needs doing with the project to get it ready to release (as a complete episode, that it is). What is missing from the file you have? What work needs to be done?

• el fundador

Lots of it. The new enemies are pretty bad (only the ninja is acceptable), there are no new weapon frames of any kind other than mspaint-level nail polish additions, there's no voice acting, etc. The maps are playable from start to finish but still need polish. I would recommend that anyone interested in ever playing a final product someday not seek out and dig through what was leaked, if only because you'll spoil what really matters (the gameplay).

User is offline   Hawke 

Still don't have a complete list of credits of everyone who created it in the first place. Going ahead and creating, adding or changing a lot of content may end up being a wasted effort because of this. Finding names leads to the (increasingly slimmer) possibility of different content. In an attempt to make everything as close to the original intention as possible this is a necessity. Huge progress has been made on this over time but it's not quite there yet. I'm not part of the dev team directly so not an authority on this, but I imagine it's a big part.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options