• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

World Tour EDuke32 Compatibility Stopgap  "My package arrives."

User is offline   Kyanos 

Posted Image
Posted Image

This is the first time I've noticed sprites z-fighting each other and that odd pixelation on the broken toilet so I'll post it here.

H266, can you add a line include e32wt_user.def for us to use, I couldn't seem to get autoload working with this pack.

Spoiler

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNightFright, on 14 October 2016 - 03:52 AM, said:

- Would you mind if I uploaded your WT patch as-is on the HRP website, together with the r5899 snapshot (once everything works)?
- Did you intentionally not include the two normalmaps in TGA format (4228_n.tga and 4229_n.tga in textures\TILES016)?

PS: The commentary sounds seem to be a bit low-volume compared to the music and ingame sound. It's hard to understand what the guys are saying sometimes. Maybe it's due to my sound settings. Gotta check.

- That's fine with me.
- Thanks for pointing that out. It was an oversight. I'll make a note for my next update.

That's the way they are, I believe. There is nothing I can do short of adding some sort of true volume boost to the sound system.

View PostAdrenalinDragon, on 14 October 2016 - 03:56 AM, said:

Some textures are still appearing weird in Polymost for me (EDuke32 r5899)

Thanks for persisting in reporting this. I need to go back through the last ~1500 revisions and make a list of every one that affected z-sorting for sprites and maskwalls. It is going to be difficult because the commit messages don't always mention these changes, and some recent diffs tend to be 10000 lines of several unrelated changesets, which also makes debugging hell.

User is offline   gordon81 

Hello, autoload folder and dukeplus wont works.

eduke32 + world tour works fine, some glitches but runs good.

It would be perfect if in world tour + eduke32 works with dukeplus and autoload folder.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's probably because e32wt.con is missing this line:

include duke3d.def

Add it by yourself and see what happens.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 15 October 2016 - 05:22 AM

• Weaponized Autism

My package will not work with Duke Plus because of CONflicts and I'm not expending any effort to make that happen.

I helped a user on Steam use the HRP with it by adding "include duke3d_hrp.def".

User is offline   supergoofy 

What renderer they use in Word Tour ? Is it similar to polymer, or is a dx11 renderer?

Any chance to port it to eduke32 ?

• The Truth is in here

Since DX11 is a requirement, I would assume the renderer to be based on that.

User is offline   MetHy 

View Postsupergoofy, on 15 October 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

Why ? I'm generally not a defensor of Polymer, which I barely use but... Their renderer looks worse than Polymer. Let's also not forget that the maps were created using Mapster32, while their renderer wasn't ready yet and Polymer served as a placeholder.

Honestly, you can almost say the maps were created for Polymer, and if you ask me, they look better in Polymer than they do in WT, especially the lights.
The only thing that bothers when playing in EDuke32 is the extra lights Polymer has which WT doesn't have, such as the fading light of the shrinker and the lights emitted from switches, which I wish we'd be able to turn on/off seperately.

Edit : Also, EDuke32 already has 3 renderers. IMHO I don't think it needs a 4th one which is so similar to what it already has anyway. I've even seen people complain it has "too many renderers".

This post has been edited by MetHy: 16 October 2016 - 03:45 AM

Playing with Polymer is pretty much unplayable for me, but from what I can tell it does look visually better.

View Postsupergoofy, on 15 October 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

What renderer they use in Word Tour ? Is it similar to polymer, or is a dx11 renderer?

Why would you want that renderer in eduke32?

View PostAdrenalinDragon, on 16 October 2016 - 03:40 AM, said:

Playing with Polymer is pretty much unplayable for me, but from what I can tell it does look visually better.

Why?

User is offline   supergoofy 

Then I'll wait for your renderer ;)

View Posticecoldduke, on 16 October 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

Why?

Because playing World Tour on Polymer at 10fps is not fun at all. The flickering texture/sprite bug in Polymost is putting me off from playing it in EDuke32 for now.

View PostAdrenalinDragon, on 16 October 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

Because playing World Tour on Polymer at 10fps is not fun at all. The flickering texture/sprite bug in Polymost is putting me off from playing it in EDuke32 for now.

What's your hardware?

View Posticecoldduke, on 16 October 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

What's your hardware?

A 9 year old PC, that's all you need to know. ;)

View PostAdrenalinDragon, on 16 October 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

A 9 year old PC, that's all you need to know. ;)

I get slowdowns/stuttering (sub 60 fps) with Polymer on my 4790K/gtx970 and I also can't get texture filtering to work. Polymost seems to work as it should into the hundreds of FPS. I'm new to eduke though, so maybe I am doing something wrong. I mainly wanted to say thanks for getting the World Tour to work in eduke. I REALLY needed the tight mouse controls and disabled auto-aim to enjoy it properly!

Edit: I solved the texture filtering and have some ideas about the stuttering. It may not be what I think.

This post has been edited by DukeLover90s: 17 October 2016 - 03:07 PM

View PostDukeLover90s, on 16 October 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

I get slowdowns/stuttering (sub 60 fps) with Polymer on my 4790K/gtx970 and I also can't get texture filtering to work. Polymost seems to work as it should into the hundreds of FPS. I'm new to eduke though, so maybe I am doing something wrong. I mainly wanted to say thanks for getting the World Tour to work in eduke. I REALLY needed the tight mouse controls and disabled auto-aim to enjoy it properly!

Yeah, Polymost runs smoothly on my PC. Downside is no lights, but I'm fine with that. They just need to fix that texture/sprite flickering bug in the latest EDuke32 releases, and everything will be golden. ;)

• The Truth is in here

The stopgap is now hosted on the HRP website. EDuke32 r5899 binaries are included (32-bit and 64-bit). As a bonus, you are able to restore the red cross images if you edit e32wt_start.def (which I added for this purpose).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 October 2016 - 07:12 AM

Looks like the new secret exit for Faces of Death needs fixing. You go to Launch Facility after completing it instead of The Abyss on EDuke32.

• The Truth is in here

That would be a bug in the map. Gotta check the nukebutton of "Faces of Death". If the lo-tag is 6 instead of 5, then it's screwed up.

*EDIT*

Just checked. Sprite #378 (nukebutton) in E1L7 has lo-tag 5. It should work.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 October 2016 - 09:41 AM

Which files *at minimum* from World Tour are needed to make it work?

• The Truth is in here

Assuming you want to run a standalone version with EDuke32:

- Hendrick266's EDuke32 stopgap release
- EDuke32 r5899 snapshot
- The maps (at least the E5Lx ones, all if you want the changes/commentaries),
- the cons (all of them),
- the art files (tiles009.art can be ignored if you don't like pill replacements of the red cross images),
- from the sounds you need at least the new Dukespeech of the ep.5 levels, the cheshire alien and the Flamethrower sounds (rest optional if you don't like the re-recorded Duke speech or dev commentaries)
- music folder (all of it - you can reduce it to ep5 only, but then you gotta edit user.con to make other episodes use the midi files)

I have created a standalone version of WT for myself. I can post a how-to tomorrow. It's not that hard, but keep in mind that right now, it won't work completely.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 October 2016 - 09:29 AM

That would be great, even if it won't work perfectly. I'm taking Polymer instead of whatever GBX did with the rendering that chops the framerate half off.
Long time no see guys, btw, I'm so happy you keep the poor Dukester alive and usable.

This post has been edited by CryptKiller: 17 October 2016 - 09:31 AM

User is offline   0815Jack 

View PostNightFright, on 17 October 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

- the art files (tiles009.art can be ignored if you don't like pill replacements of the red cross images),

can someone explain to me why this is was done in the first place? I noticed the same in the doom version that came with doom 3: BFG edition

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Avoidance of trademark infringement.

View PostNightFright, on 17 October 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

That would be a bug in the map. Gotta check the nukebutton of "Faces of Death". If the lo-tag is 6 instead of 5, then it's screwed up.

*EDIT*

Just checked. Sprite #378 (nukebutton) in E1L7 has lo-tag 5. It should work.

I hit the secret nuke button in The Abyss, completed Faces of Death properly, and ended up in Launch Facility. However, if you use DNSCOTTY to Faces of Death straight away and complete it, it takes you back to The Abyss.

• The Truth is in here

View Post0815Jack, on 17 October 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

can someone explain to me why this is was done in the first place? I noticed the same in the doom version that came with doom 3: BFG edition

There would still be pill graphics integrated into duke3d.grp (in tiles000.art). No clue why tiles009.art stayed external. Maybe a last-minute fix for two red cross graphics they had forgotten/overlooked.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 17 October 2016 - 12:24 PM

• Weaponized Autism

The GRP seems to be identical in content to v1.5 except for the trademark changes Gearbox legal must have insisted they make, plus the Skycar fullbright fix (which I suspect was done because the Steam trailer has that slow-motion footage of E1L1) and the grabbag.mid oversight. All the content for the World Tour port and episode is outside of it, which is honestly a pretty nice bone to throw to source ports. They just need to fix Grabbag.

View PostHendricks266, on 14 October 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

There is one difference between the TILES009.ART in the folder and the one in the GRP: the bottom Chaingun sprite has some of the empty space at the top filled in with a few rows of pixels from the top pieces, to avoid the texture filtering seam.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Yeah, they seem pretty willing to work with us regarding the GRP stuff. They don't want to kill source port compatibility, they want people to have more reasons to buy the game.

• The Truth is in here

My WT patch for Atomic/Megaton Edition users is ready. Get it from the download section of the HRP website, "Bonus Files" section (bottom of page).

Fast facts:
> Two batch scripts to copy files from your Steam installation dir of WT into your EDuke32 dir (full version with all assets and "lite" with ep.5 files only)
> Includes EDuke32 r5899 binaries and Hendricks266's stopgap release
> Creates a folder "worldtour" inside of your EDuke32 installation dir with a zipfile (worldtour.zip) containing (almost) all WT assets, the rest are cons and defs from Hendricks266's stopgap release
> Required: Windows Vista or higher (for robocopy) + duke3d.grp from either Atomic Edition, Megaton Edition or World Tour

Details in the readme

I hope it'll work for you guys - I tested it the whole afternoon to get it working.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 18 October 2016 - 07:38 AM

So what is the issue with getting the "The Incinerator" weapon implemented?

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options