• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HRP Issues Thread  "Post your HRP Problems/Issues here"

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

solopy567, on 02 June 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

That's impossible. Duke 3d HRP worked on this computer perfectly before. I don't remember what version the HRP was, but it definitely worked.

No, it is possible, because when you used the HRP before you probably weren't using the Polymer renderer.

Try starting with the -forcegl command line and see what happens.

User is offline   solopy567 

DeeperThought, on 02 June 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

No, it is possible, because when you used the HRP before you probably weren't using the Polymer renderer.

Try starting with the -forcegl command line and see what happens.

Oh wow...
I fixed it.

I didn't tick the "enable autoload" box :(

It works now, even if it starts a bit slow and there is a bit of graphical weirdness with the RPG, but it works perfectly.

Thanks for the help anyway.

User is offline   E.C.S 

solopy567, on 03 June 2011 - 06:27 AM, said:

Oh wow...
I fixed it.

I didn't tick the "enable autoload" box :(

It works now, even if it starts a bit slow and there is a bit of graphical weirdness with the RPG, but it works perfectly.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Some models has been made for Polymer, so if you run the HRP without Polymer, you will see some models in a incorrect position. Use this: http://www.mediafire...jf5qc8i9dh4rcr. This fixes the RPG issue, replace (or backup) the original firstperson.def.

User is offline   calituz 

How do i make the game look Doom 3 style graphics. I mean, with dynamic lights and that sort of things. Already have EDuke32 and HRP but dont know to use them together. Yes, Polymer box and Enable "autoload" folder are both checked. Everything looks good but it still miss the lighting effects that makes the game looks really awesome.

This is what im getting:
http://meta.filesmel...le=duke0001.png

This is what i want:
http://eduke32.com/i...ts/polymer2.jpg

This post has been edited by calituz: 15 June 2011 - 03:31 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

It looks like you are not using the maphacks that add dynamic lights to the old levels. There should be a file named "polymer_mhk.zip" in your autoload folder. I guess you have to download it separately from "polymer_hrp.zip".

I do have the polymer_mhk.zip file in the autoload folder. Still, doesnt work.

Edit:
I just downloaded "Maphacks Reloaded v4.1.1 (134 KB) - Separate download version; updated 2009-10-03" named "maphacks.zip", and renamed it to "polymer_mhk.zip" and put in autoload folder. Doesnt work either.

This post has been edited by calituz: 15 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

User is offline   E.C.S 

calituz, on 15 June 2011 - 03:06 PM, said:

I do have the polymer_mhk.zip file in the autoload folder. Still, doesnt work.

Edit:
I just downloaded "Maphacks Reloaded v4.1.1 (134 KB) - Separate download version; updated 2009-10-03" named "maphacks.zip", and renamed it to "polymer_mhk.zip" and put in autoload folder. Doesnt work either.

The problem is you are using maphacks for HRP V4 which doesn't have light. This is the file what you need: http://www.duke4.org...polymer_mhk.zip

E.C.S, on 15 June 2011 - 04:23 PM, said:

The problem is you are using maphacks for HRP V4 which doesn't have light. This is the file what you need: http://www.duke4.org...polymer_mhk.zip

No. Im still not getting the lights to work with that maphack.

This is the list of files i got after launching the game for the first time (Polymer HRP v5.0 FULL SFX):

autoload
---polymer_hrp.zip
---polymer_mhk.zip
---polymer_mus.zip
---textures
---textures.cache

eduke32.exe
textures
grpfiles.cache
textures.cache
eduke32.cfg
settings.cfg
duke.rts

eduke32_win32_20110502-1876.zip (am i supposed to do something with this zip file, or just leave it a is)
eduke32.log
hrp_art_license.txt
hrp_readme.txt
duke3d.grp
(full ver. of the game, not shareware)

Am i missing something?

This post has been edited by calituz: 15 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

calituz, on 15 June 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

No. Im still not getting the lights to work with that maphack.

This is the list of files i got after launching the game for the first time (Polymer HRP v5.0 FULL SFX):

autoload
---polymer_hrp.zip
---polymer_mhk.zip
---polymer_mus.zip
---textures
---textures.cache

eduke32.exe
textures
grpfiles.cache
textures.cache
eduke32.cfg
settings.cfg
duke.rts

eduke32_win32_20110502-1876.zip (am i supposed to do something with this zip file, or just leave it a is)
eduke32.log
hrp_art_license.txt
hrp_readme.txt
duke3d.grp
(full ver. of the game, not shareware)

Am i missing something?

The current version of eduke32 is 1903, available here: http://dukeworld.duk...ke32/synthesis/

You are supposed to unzip the eduke32 install into your folder and you don't need to keep the zip after that.
The files "textures" and "textures.cache" should not be in your autoload folder. Delete them.

If you have any more problems, attach your eduke32.log so we can look at it. By the way, the screenshot you posted did show Polymer working on your rig, because I could see the glow from the fires in the dumpster in the corner of the screen. So apparently it is just the maphacks that are not working for you.

DeeperThought, on 15 June 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

The current version of eduke32 is 1903, available here: http://dukeworld.duk...ke32/synthesis/

You are supposed to unzip the eduke32 install into your folder and you don't need to keep the zip after that.
The files "textures" and "textures.cache" should not be in your autoload folder. Delete them.

If you have any more problems, attach your eduke32.log so we can look at it. By the way, the screenshot you posted did show Polymer working on your rig, because I could see the glow from the fires in the dumpster in the corner of the screen. So apparently it is just the maphacks that are not working for you.

Did what you say. Still nothing. No shadows or lightning i really want to.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: dn3d.JPG

Attached File(s)

• Duke Plus Developer

calituz, on 15 June 2011 - 09:14 PM, said:

Did what you say. Still nothing. No shadows or lightning i really want to.

Aha! Your log file solved the riddle. I should have guessed earlier.

The problem is you are not using the Atomic Edition of DUKE3D.GRP

The map hacks are designed to work with the Atomic Edition of the maps.

User is offline   Alithinos 

I downloaded and installed the 4th version of HRP but there is a problem.
I can only play the game without the high res stuff.
Whenever I click on the option to enable eDuke32 to use the extra content of the autoload file,the launcher tells me that some tiles are not defined and then crashes.
I can run the game on 32bit,but without high res textures and music. :D

DeeperThought, on 15 June 2011 - 09:20 PM, said:

Aha! Your log file solved the riddle. I should have guessed earlier.

The problem is you are not using the Atomic Edition of DUKE3D.GRP

The map hacks are designed to work with the Atomic Edition of the maps.

Thank you. Now its working as it should.

User is offline   Bubbles 

Thought I should post this here too. From Duke Plus thread.
Edit: "restartvid" also corrects the lighting problem I brought up earlier in this thread.

Bubbles, on 17 June 2011 - 12:27 AM, said:

Yes with polymer. I tried "restartvid and it fixed the problem and some other problems.

FloatingArms.jpg This is new it is on E1L3 with polymer. It may be hard to tell but look close and you can see his arms and cap floating around together. They kind orbit around his shoulders. Looks cool actually but when this occurs the above problem tends to as well or it has so far anyway.
Shadow1.jpg Another problem I found with E1L3 is this shadow that is always in front of Duke where he gos it gos.
Shadow2.jpg See it moved.

Using "restartvid" fixes all of these problems but the game stutters more for a while.
This is what the log said after using "restartvid"

Setting video mode 1024x768 (32-bit fullscreen)
Failed allocating 477474367 bytes for memcache
Cache contains 261263 bytes of garbage data
Initializing Polymer subsystem...
PR : Board loaded.
PR : Initialization complete.

This post has been edited by Bubbles: 17 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

Well, like many, I find myself unable to run HRP 5.0 on eduke32 with good results. I have a system that SHOULD be able to handle it, but even lowering details to minimum and going as low as 800x600 didn't help. I found the game constantly lagging and stuttering as if it was trying to load new textures on the fly or something, making Duke3D completely unplayable.

For the record, my system specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dualcore @ 3ghz
4 gigs of Gskill SDRAM (DDR2)
Win7 Professional 64-bit
GeForce 8800 GTS w/latest drivers (I think)

Like many, when I start up Hollywood Holocaust, I get MASSIVE spikes of lag right as I go down the first ventilation shaft, during firefights, when I turn around/go into a new area...Etc. The constant stutters are really killing the experience for me. Log has been enclosed, so I hope someone can help me figure out what's going on, I've had an urge to play Duke3D again, and I'd like to play it without having to look at it in its old, blocky, low res look. Thanks in advance, and sorry for asking a question that it seems gets asked all the time. I just couldn't really find any answers myself (I've never been good at finding answers in other forum posts).

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by RetroNutcase: 19 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

User is offline   Bubbles 

E.C.S, on 03 June 2011 - 07:13 AM, said:

Some models has been made for Polymer, so if you run the HRP without Polymer, you will see some models in a incorrect position. Use this: http://www.mediafire...jf5qc8i9dh4rcr. This fixes the RPG issue, replace (or backup) the original firstperson.def.

Can this be placed on the HRP site to be easier to find? This issues has be brought up alot lately.

@ RetroNutcase

Polymer still needs much optimization It stutters greatly but briefly in some areas. It also can produce many other visual oddities. However It is still fairly smooth aside from the stuttering parts and is still playable although with some minor headaches if you have a strong enough machine too handle it. You may be able to alleviate the stuttering with a good SSD but you system is also lacking as is.

Also for anyone else using polymer when ever something looks weird or if you get killed and restart the without going to the main menu type "restartvid" in the console as DeeperThought said it will fix visual oddities and correct the lighting.

This post has been edited by Bubbles: 20 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

Can somebody help this guy?

http://www.doomworld...s-and-duke-hrp/

I've got an account there but I never play with the HRP&Polymer so I can't help; but you can post your answers here and I'll copy paste them over there or give a link to this thread.

• Duke Plus Developer

MetHy, on 07 March 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

Can somebody help this guy?

http://www.doomworld...s-and-duke-hrp/

I've got an account there but I never play with the HRP&Polymer so I can't help; but you can post your answers here and I'll copy paste them over there or give a link to this thread.

But then I found Duke Plus and began to play that, but for it's full effective-ness, you need to install the HRP and enable polymer mod (because having the normal Duke pistols along with a 3D Cruizer shotgun looks fucktarted).

However, Eduke doesn't enable polymer mode for me, saying I have an unsupported graphic driver for OpenGL. I recently upgraded them and was able to play GZ-DooM and dukeplus's startup menu with polymer, but regular Eduke won't load it.

I'm a little confused by his post. I don't know what he means by "dukeplus's startup menu with polymer". DukePlus is a mod for EDuke32 and it doesn't have a startup menu. There is a menu for DukePlus but it is only for controlling some stuff after the game starts, and it makes no distinction between Polymer and the other 32-bit renderer (Polymost). The other thing that confuses me is he talks about using the cruizer shotgun -- which means he is able to use OpenGL -- but then says that polymer won't work due to unsupported OpenGL.

What he needs to do is start an account on this forum, repost his problem here and include his eduke32.log

User is online   fgsfds 

Don't sure when it has appeared but I think in one of the latest revisions.
http://youtu.be/C6dnMKJvXlg

This post has been edited by nogames: 18 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

The latest revision was by LeoD. Probably it broke it somehow. I didn't touch the trooper yet but I was about to do it today.

User is online   fgsfds 

Have no idea why, but this is the reason
http://svn.eduke32.c...rev=324&peg=324

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

nogames, on 18 March 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

Have no idea why, but this is the reason
http://svn.eduke32.c...rev=324&peg=324

Interesting that the loading sequence is an issue here. I reordered it for clarity. Will be fixed soon. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: Fixed/reverted as of r326.
But I don't understand why, especially since no other model than the 1680_trooper is affected.
And it's the same with both Polymer/old Polymost model.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 18 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

User is offline   Hool 

Micky C, on 18 May 2011 - 01:27 AM, said:

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Your log says you're using an ATI card, and ATI are known to have dodgy drivers for openGL applications, including but not limited to eduke32. ATI are actually quite annoying, because the memory leak isn't the only problem we've had from them, and all sorts of other programs are affected as well.

The ultimate solution would be to get an nVidia card if you can afford to switch over, as from past experience their drivers are MUCH more stable. If that's not an option, see if the memory leak still happens in polymer (the 32 bit renderer that runs when the polymer checkbox isn't ticked.) It doesn't look quite as fancy as polymer, but it'll do. Sorry we can't be of more help.

I used an Eduke32 Revision, with the RAGE ATI OpenGL Drivers installed and it fixed the memory leaks and crashing (for both Eduke32 and RAGE). I think I used one (Revision) from about December-ish. So try that if it doesn't work.

This post has been edited by WheatleyNukem: 18 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Polymer HRP v5 with latest update pack. "Innocent?" billboard on the first level is turned at the right angle.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

Are you using an 1.3D GRP? You want to use the 1.5 Atomic Edition GRP.

Plagman, on 29 June 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Are you using an 1.3D GRP? You want to use the 1.5 Atomic Edition GRP.

Thanks, that solved it.

User is offline   sedition 

Not really an issue.
But while working on my mod I stumbled upon this comment in menu.def:
// Widescreen versions of menu tiles (replace 5:4 versions from above, not usable right now)

So I´m wondering, when this can be used?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

When DNF comes out all four Beatles reunite.

AFAIK this has not been discussed among the devs. I'll bring it up sometime.

User is offline   ershnuff 

Hey all, I've been scouring the forums for an answer to my issue as to why the Polymer HRP pack won't work for me... yes, I've gone into the game with in and enabled 32 bit stuff, made sure models were on and all that... nothing changed. But when I used HRP 4.0 (the one with the installer) everything worked fine, high quality models and all... however, the graphical improvements in 5.0-5.1 are vast and I realize that, and I would really like to find out why 5.0 versions with polymer will not work for me. I've been looking for this "log" file everyone has been referring to but I can't find it so I don't know how to give you the information to help me. All I know is that I use the unzip program and it unzips all the files, I run it and it doesn't work.

i5 core, 2.8 GhZ
Gefore 555 M (yes, I'm on a laptop, I have nvidia inspector installed to force my video card to be used with older games)
8mb ram
Windows 7
the 1.4 GRP
and so on.

What information can I provide to those that are able to help?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If you can figure out how to get the HRP 4 to work, I can't understand why the HRP 5 wouldn't work.

The log file is actually very easy to find. It's called "eduke32.log" and it's created every time you start the game. It's located in the same folder as your eduke32.exe, and should be right below (or at least close to) your eduke32.exe if your files are alphabetically listed.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options