Duke4.net Forums: Blood corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood corner  "For Blood 1 & 2 related talk."

There are other weapon icons cropped out of the left of the screen, it's probably some crappy selector because people seem to forget their keyboard has numeric buttons. I imagine you can still use the numbers, or you'd hope, but given how nobody seems to ever do anything competent with this game anyway, nothing would surprise me at this point.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Guess that's the start of the weapon wheel animation similar to how it was in Turok EX.

@High Treason: of course you can use the numbers or whatever bindings you come up with and as I've said before you can disable the weapon wheel in the options.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 16 March 2019 - 08:31 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostLunick, on 16 March 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

I wish the pickup text was aligned to the left...

Yeah, it looks like messages are still being displayed in 4:3 and stuff like that is why I'm not sure of that April release date. It's minor stuff but something that instantly indicates that it's not finished yet. After all these years of Kaiser working on the project on and off I don't think they'd release it in a state where there are some obvious features missing.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 16 March 2019 - 08:38 PM

User is online   Tekedon 

Been trying to figure out if there is a way to make transparent water like in Shadow Warrior in Blood. I know it is possible with sprites and that is probably the only way. But it doesn't work if the edges of the "waterhole" are anything but square, for instance a round hole.
I've tried to mask away the edges of the sprites with wall-aligned sprites and it doesn't work good, probably would look great in GDX or Nblood but not in dosbox. Anyone have any ideas?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Nuke.YKT mentioned on Discord that the engine version linked into DOS Blood predates masked/translucent floors and ceilings. <_<

User is online   Tekedon 

View PostHendricks266, on 24 April 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Nuke.YKT mentioned on Discord that the engine version linked into DOS Blood predates masked/translucent floors and ceilings. <_<

That's too bad :)

User is online   Tekedon 

Soo. About that remake in the Kex-engine by Nightdive Studios.. Wasn't that supposed to come out now in April or am I missing something? <_<

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostTekedon, on 30 April 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

Soo. About that remake in the Kex-engine by Nightdive Studios.. Wasn't that supposed to come out now in April or am I missing something? <_<

I'm gonna assume that Kaiser was misinformed about the date or something came up.

View PostHigh Treason, on 16 March 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

...given how nobody seems to ever do anything competent with this game anyway, nothing would surprise me at this point.

As it's officially May in all time zones, I guess we can now rightfully declare the following:

aka Caleb tries using the Napalm Cannon's secondary fire in akimbo mode while in an enclosed space.

This post has been edited by Marphy Black: 01 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

View PostMarphy Black, on 01 May 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

Caleb tries using the Napalm Cannon's secondary fire in akimbo mode while in an enclosed space.

But the napalm launcher has neither akimbo nor alternate fire modes.
Oh...

View PostHigh Treason, on 16 March 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

given how nobody seems to ever do anything competent with this game anyway, nothing would surprise me at this point.

...they only added that mode after they nerfed the gun in later versions of the game, it's that stupid mode where if you use it at all on the recommended Pentium 75 with 16M of RAM, the game will grind to a halt and usually crash, further proving Monolith totally tested their product prior to shipping. Nice to see the current crew aren't ones to break tradition anyway, I'm sure the fans will be happy... unless they are breaking tradition and actually testing the game, causing it to miss the target date, now that simply will not do.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 02 May 2019 - 01:04 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Haha, Atari put up the store page for Blood: Fresh Supply by accident:
https://www.atari.co...it-whole-blood/
Every sign point towards the game releasing tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 08 May 2019 - 05:42 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

"...features competitive and cooperative online multiplayer..."

Huh.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

According to the description at the bottom of the page it's just the usual stuff:

Play online in co-op mode, free-for-all “Bloodbath”, or 4v4 team-based Capture the Flag.

https://www.gog.com/...od_fresh_supply

User is offline   SonicB00M 

At 50% off it's a no-brainer. Even if most of us end up using another sourceport, Nightdive deserves some appreciation.

please tell me there's a level editor included.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Is it on Steam?

View PostRadar, on 09 May 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

Is it on Steam?

it's a matter of hours.

edit: minutes.

https://store.steamp...d_Fresh_Supply/

This post has been edited by evil_presley: 09 May 2019 - 09:04 AM

User is offline   SonicB00M 

Sick, they added their own custom voxels! Like BloodGDX you can customize your difficulty but with way more options! So far it runs great and looks amazing. Gonna check out Death Wish soon.

User is offline   Master O 

View Postevil_presley, on 09 May 2019 - 07:46 AM, said:

For people who already own Blood: One Unit Whole Blood through GOG, I guess that means those people won't get Blood: Fresh Supply as an update?

User is offline   Newken 

It looks rather underwhelming:

"Feels inferior to both BloodGDX and nBlood."

User is online   Tekedon 

Ok, so Deathwish is broken right now in this port. Game ends here.

Youtube link

Maybe it's something that can be fixed or maybe the kex-engine can't handle this "function". But those of you who have played Deathwish know what is supposed to happen here. Too bad. Otherwise I was starting to kind of like this port, allthough it isn't exactly like Blood I think it was never meant to be, more of an updated version that fixes some of the bugs and introduces new ones xD.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 09 May 2019 - 12:21 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Did they change the multiplayer function somehow? Did they set up servers for people to play on? Someone let me know how it works plz.

User is offline   axl 

Tried it a bit... kinda disappointing... NBlood feels way better.

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

View PostMaster O, on 09 May 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

For people who already own Blood: One Unit Whole Blood through GOG, I guess that means those people won't get Blood: Fresh Supply as an update?

Probably not. I just bought Fresh Supply on GOG (I already had OUWB in my library) and noticed that OUWB can be downloaded as a "bonus" when you bought fresh supply. I guess they removed the old Blood: One Unit Whole Blood, so Fresh Supply is the only way to buy it on GOG now? The old Blood games never showed up for me on GOG (they're blocked in Germany), so I don't know for sure. GOG did the same thing when the "remastered" versions of Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2 were released on GOG and I didn't get an upgrade for those, either. I can still download the old versions, but the store page for them no longer exists.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

There are issues and some features missing (no 16:9 minimal hud? come on...) but overall I'd say this is a mighty impressive release, a bit better than what I expected actually. Let's hope they fix stuff because the potential is absolutely there.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

According to the KEX guys the bug in Death Wish is actually caused by DW and not BloodEX, BloodEX just can't handle it happening:

Yeah we found what's causing that. A player start has no sector assigned.
In DOS that'll be causing an out of bounds memory access, which naturally in DOS is usually a non issue.

It will be fixed.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Also: Fluidsynth causes the game to crash if you have non-English (unicode?) characters in your Windows username. So far the only way to fix this is to switch to CD music from MIDI.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 09 May 2019 - 04:20 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

That music choice lol:

I also have no idea why they are using the flashy "bloom" effect or wtf on the trailer when the game has the correct color scheme...

Edit: There's this too:

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 09 May 2019 - 04:34 PM

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options