Duke4.net Forums: BloodTC for eDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodTC for eDuke32

User is offline   Mark 

I think version 3740 is the last one to keep the filtering intact. I'm using it for one of my projects because some textures look like crap without the filtering. I'm trying to find or make replacements for those textures so I can use a newer version of eduke.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Just issue "r_pr_artmapping 0" from the OSD to disable ART mapping and enable filtering again.

User is offline   Jim 

View PostHelixhorned, on 02 September 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

Just issue "r_pr_artmapping 0" from the OSD to disable ART mapping and enable filtering again.

Thank you, that was whai I needed!

User is offline   Mark 

That would have been a whole lot easier than all the texture replacing I'm doing. But since I've already started I may as well finish it. Thanks. I'll probably still use it because in order to keep project size as small as possible ( and less work for me ) I'm keeping the low res software fonts instead of def'ing in all the HRP ones.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 02 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

What's the 'red glow' problem you're referring to?

User is offline   Stabs 

View PostHelixhorned, on 02 September 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

awesome back to normal again!

User is offline   Jim 

View PostPlagman, on 02 September 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

What's the 'red glow' problem you're referring to?

Using the Polymost renderer, looking into TROR (for example, a hole)

User is offline   Root 9 

View PostMark., on 02 September 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

That would have been a whole lot easier than all the texture replacing I'm doing.

How's the texturing going? What did you already finish and any chance for a preview?

User is offline   Mark 

I finished replacing the textures. I might post another screenshot in a week or two in the proper thread if I make more progress. I got sidetracked to a different project for a while.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 14 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

User is offline   m210® 

It would be great, I'll wait for your screenshots.

User is offline   MacoMan 

Very nice conversion & FAITHFUL to the original experience. I'm happy the author decided to continue work on it. Did miss a few fun things from the original though, like the running scared dudes whimpering "There's no place like home! There's no place like home!" :P Hope to see this in a completed bug free state someday since we really need a good Windows 7/8 port of this great game, an all-time favorite of mine.

What happened to this?

No news since forever.

User is offline   m210® 

Hi all. We just haven't a lot of time, episode 3 is still not complete, but we working on it, and maybe release will be available at this year :)

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Your TC still supports Polymer, right? Because I have never really tried it until now, but after taking a first look, it seems to be quite good actually. Don't want to screw it by using the wrong renderer, but I guess Polymer without dynamic lights (r_pr_lighting 0) should be OK.

Getting episodes 3 and 4 fully playable would be a cool thing to have in the next version, but I can't quite tell how far you are with converting the maps and fixing problems. But it's really well made, and since we still seem to be far away from getting a proper source port for Blood, this is an excellent compromise solution.

A humble suggestion might also be to consolidate the multitude of CONs you use (e.g. separate ones for each weapon and enemy) and put them into the groupfile itself. It won't change anything about the way the mod looks or works, but it just looks more compact that way (and might even load minimally faster if you combine some CONs - like the ones I mentioned above). What needs to be praised is that you got it working without a single warning message even in latest EDuke32 snapshots. My respects for that!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 September 2014 - 06:57 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostNightFright, on 23 September 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

Your TC still supports Polymer, right?

BloodCM supports Polymer, but it was disabled at last release, therefore was bad performance and a lot of crashes. But I want to do my TC more beautifull with polymer lights and maybe I will do it at future :)

Getting episodes 3 and 4 fully playable would be a cool thing to have in the next version, but I can't quite tell how far you are with converting the maps and fixing problems. But it's really well made, and since we still seem to be far away from getting a proper source port for Blood, this is an excellent compromise solution.

At summer we made a new converter based on blud2b, which makes easy to remake original maps, therefore 3 and 4 episodes now have ambients sounds, restored all moving sectors, skills for enemies and DM/single tags for items.
At fully playable 3 and 4 ep we must to add sounds for moving sectors and trigger logics. So, 70% of those episode is done. And with our new converter, episodes of addons can be done faster then other.

A humble suggestion might also be to consolidate the multitude of CONs you use (e.g. separate ones for each weapon and enemy) and put them into the groupfile itself.

I think I will do it when I made a full release of BloodCM, it's easier work with unpacked CON files for me.

This post has been edited by M210: 23 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

• The Truth is in here

Sounds plausible to me. Good luck with completing this - it could turn into the best way to run Blood on modern systems once it's done (at least until a port is released, provided that will ever happen). Go go, Power Rangers!

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostNightFright, on 23 September 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

it could turn into the best way to run Blood on modern systems

But if you're playing BloodTC, you're not playing Blood.
Spoiler

Same for eRampage.

• The Truth is in here

Well, it's a good approximation still, especially considering it's a WIP thing. The atmosphere of the original Blood seems to be in there, and as far as I am concerned, that's quite an accomplishment. Having played the game by myself a few times back in the days, I can say that what I have seen so far resembles the original maps quite convincingly. I am not able to analyze every detail ofc and probably there are still tons of differences, but it's playable and well done for a TC.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

User is offline   Jim 

View PostM210, on 23 September 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

BloodCM supports Polymer, but it was disabled at last release, therefore was bad performance and a lot of crashes. But I want to do my TC more beautifull with polymer lights and maybe I will do it at future :)

At summer we made a new converter based on blud2b, which makes easy to remake original maps, therefore 3 and 4 episodes now have ambients sounds, restored all moving sectors, skills for enemies and DM/single tags for items.
At fully playable 3 and 4 ep we must to add sounds for moving sectors and trigger logics. So, 70% of those episode is done. And with our new converter, episodes of addons can be done faster then other.

I think I will do it when I made a full release of BloodCM, it's easier work with unpacked CON files for me.

Are you going to release the mapping tools and source codes to Bloodcm so that other people can make/convert maps for it?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostJim, on 27 September 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

Are you going to release the mapping tools and source codes to Bloodcm so that other people can make/convert maps for it?

Yes, it will be release.
Source code you can see on this site
http://sourceforge.n...ci/master/tree/

But Blud2e also not fully converting Blood maps, and it's need to finish maps manually

User is offline   Jim 

Can you add permanent dual wielding to Bloodcm?

• The Truth is in here

Errr, I dunno, but to me that seems like a really bad idea. Akimbo mode is supposed to be a temporary powerup, and having it all the time is pretty overpowered IMHO. And since the TC is obviously still aiming at imitating the original game as much as possible... that probably shouldn't be the way to go.

Agreed, besides I'm pretty sure it would cause a bit of a waste of ammo a the same time...

User is offline   MetHy 

There is a cheat for Akimbo in Blood.

Indeed, "BUNZ", but it just acts like picking up an akimbo item. Theoretically, you could find the tile number for the pickup or what that sprite was defined as and just type it into the console, "spawn gunsakimbo" assuming that was it's label.

User is offline   Jim 

I was think of an option in the menu that's disabled by default.

I don't think they'll implement that sort of option since it's not present in the original game and they want to stick as close to the original as possible

Guns Akimbo is ridiculously powerful in Blood. Making it permanent would give a huge advantage to the player.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 05 October 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

Guns Akimbo is ridiculously powerful in Blood. Making it permanent would give a huge advantage to the player.

I have to agree, beside part of the fun of Blood is how hard it is.

User is offline   m210® 

Jim, you can enter "spawn AKIMBOITEM" at console for get PowerUp

Share this topic:

• 27 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options