Duke4.net Forums: Render cuts - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Render cuts  "stupid idea hehe"

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

What if somehow even red sectors acted as white line sectors. Build renders through the red sectors so if there is no white wall there is going to be some lag somewhere if the map is HEAVY in details. Can mapster/eduke in anyway just render what is in the visual screen rather then the entire environment? Not a bug just a question

This post has been edited by RIPGhost: 02 October 2015 - 08:10 PM

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

You're essentially referring to occlusion culling.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

okay thanks lol but is it possible? i think the original work was built for original episode style. Though my new pc has no issues never I have nvidia gtx870 win 8.1 and eduke NEVER LAGS and there is no lag but on a bit of a lower end pc, I know from experience it goes through hell in the really detailed map from someone good. Just wondered if it could be more friendly... Maps have evolved passed what the game wants to accept imo this isn't a heavy suggestion once again I have a great PC it never lags xD no matter how many walls you have. Buit listen to me it isn't the rich people who have the best pcs who are playing Duke.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options