Duke4.net Forums: Adding new OGG sounds in EDuke32 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adding new OGG sounds in EDuke32

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

So I've replaced the opening Nuke Logo ANM with the IVF video from the XBLA release. I have this code implemented to add sound to it (seeing as it is without audio):

animsounds    logo  { 1        244      64        14 }

My problem is that I want to also replace the two old sounds with a single sound from the XBLA video. I could just replace sound 244 (flyby) with it, but 244 is also used in the Bonus screen, which means that there would be extra sound effects that don't make sense in that screen. I'd like to leave the original 244 flyby sound intact here and anywhere else it's used. How can I add a new sound entry that the game doesn't use (like 398) so that I could do something like this instead?:

animsounds    logo  { 1        398}

Do I have to make a new entry in DEFS.CON? Is there no way to do this strictly with DEF files?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 19 August 2015 - 10:09 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You pretty much have to add two lines (or both in one line) to any .CON file that the game loads in order to add completely new sounds.

define NEWSOUND 398
definesound NEWSOUND audio/newsound.ogg 0 0 0 0 0

or just

definesound 398 audio/newsound.ogg 0 0 0 0 0

Unless you can cut the audio file to replace the single sounds it holds inside, then just replace the original files with the new ones.

• The Sarien Encounter

Oh, so could I then create a new CON file and have the custom DEF files load it in in the same subdirectory? Like, I'm using the Polymer HRP in a subdirectory. Can I add a one line CON to the list of included DEF files?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

If you are using the original Duke 3D files, you can create a EDUKE.CON file and add at the top of it "include GAME.CON".

• The Sarien Encounter

I do that and I get a crash and this error in the eduke32.log after the Nuke logo ends or I skip it:

g_errorLineNum: 0, g_tw: 0

It seems that this happens regardless of any settings as long as EDUKE.CON exists. If I add the new sound directly to DEFS.CON and USER.CON it works, though.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 20 August 2015 - 10:25 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Your eduke.con would have to have "include GAME.CON" inside it as well.

• The Sarien Encounter

Ah. Stupid me. I misread and thought I had to put include EDUKE.CON in GAME.CON. It works. Thank you.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options