Duke4.net Forums: Are fully unbreakable windows possible? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are fully unbreakable windows possible?

I'm running into a weird quirk with windows. If I choose to make them blockable and not hittable, they're still breakable, just not as easily breakable.

With hitscan sensitivity on, a window breaks if I shoot one bullet at it. With hitscan sensitivity off, the window won't break with my shooting at it from afar, but it will still break in several instances. If I jump against the window while shooting any gun, it breaks. If I bounce a pipebomb off of the window and catch the pipebomb, the window breaks. If I explode a pipebomb, the window usually breaks but not always.

The windows are the ones seen in this topic about a different window related glitch. Thanks.

[edit:] I'm also now having another weird thing as well. I've made slightly different windows, and now I sometimes can just go right throw a blockable and unhittable window, even without it breaking. Just jump through it while shooting, it doesn't let me through at first usually but if jumping into it it will get me through at some point after a couple tries.

Here's a screenshot of me outside the window, with jetpack on so I didn't fall to my demise. I wasn't supposed to go through the window there.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 16 August 2015 - 11:52 PM

User is offline   Mark 

I think if you use one of the other glass textures in the game they won't break if you don't want them to. Depending on which one you use you might have to hit the T key to adjust the transparency level.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 17 August 2015 - 11:26 AM

Thanks!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options