Duke4.net Forums: Breaking glass window makes wall texture misaligned? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Breaking glass window makes wall texture misaligned?

When I break this window, the wall below it's texture becomes misaligned. The first screenshot is before, the second screen is after the window is broken. Same thing happens in the room next to it when I break that window as well. It happens with any of the renderers. The texture above the window changes also.

Also, this same thing happens in Megaton edition for the record. Made the map with mapster r5318. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0003.png
  • Attached Image: duke0004.png

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 16 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

You generally don't want glass in outer edge walls. If you can't make a new wall inside the window frame, you can align the texture in a way that it won't change the wall when destroyed. I must say it's not worth the effort though, just make that extra wall inside.

View PostDaedolon, on 16 August 2015 - 10:27 PM, said:

You generally don't want glass in outer edge walls. If you can't make a new wall inside the window frame, you can align the texture in a way that it won't change the wall when destroyed. I must say it's not worth the effort though, just make that extra wall inside.

I appreciate the help, but I don't really know how to do what you're suggesting. I'm a newbie mapper, and the way I got the window working (with help from a poster here) is the only way I know how to do it. I point just below the opening of a wall and hit M to make a masked wall appear in the opening, which is my window. Also the window is on the inside wall of the frame, not the outside wall, if that makes any difference.

How would I make a wall inside of the window frame, and how would I make that into the masked wall window?

Here's a 2D view pic from mapster. While I'm asking newbie questions, why is the window on the left a red line, and the window on the right is a purple line? When I made them the same way?

[edit: Actually I did figure it out, I just aim inside the window frame and press M instead of aiming below the opening on the wall and pressing M, with another line in between two lines. Thanks!]

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0008.png

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 16 August 2015 - 11:15 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options