Duke4.net Forums: Alt+S and Alt+T commands in mapster 2D mode not working? [solved] - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alt+S and Alt+T commands in mapster 2D mode not working? [solved]

I'm trying to add a lotag to a sprite with alt+T (in 2D mode) as listed in the guide, but it's not working. I also watched a video about making ceiling doors, it also said to highlight the MusicAndSound sprite I have in my door sector and press alt+T to give it a lotag of sound, such as sound 166.

When I press alt+T with the sprite highlighted in 2D mode nothing happens.

Why isn't this working?

Alt+S to make an inner sector is also not working. I'm doing what it says in this infosuite page, but nothing happens when I press alt+S (either alt button). Infosuite page It also says S+Alt makes an inner sector on the wiki page keys guide. I try it with one of the four lines of the inner sector highlighted like it says in the guide, and also tried with the cursor in the center of the little square sector.

Any idea why that doesn't work either? If several of these Alt+ commands in 2D mode are not working, that's a problem. Using the mapster with eduke version 5312 and also in 5318, didn't work there either.

(First posted this in the map topic, but since this is a problem with the program itself I'm posting it over here as well)

Also for the record, Alt+P and Alt+H in 2D mode do work. So it's extra odd that Alt+S and Alt+T do not work. I'm new to the program so there's probably more I haven't tested. Hopefully this can be sorted out.

(edit:)

At a poster's suggestion I tried rebinding the Alt key to see if it fixed things. I just gave that a try, but it didn't fix it. Since some alt commands work, like Alt+P and Alt+H, the ones Alt+S and Alt+T not working doesn't seem to involve key bindings. I just tried making rightalt the K key, and had the same results. Also tried it with K as leftalt. The problem unfortunately seems to be deeper than that.

I also tried a random much older mapster to see if it'd be different, 20141201-4791, and had the same problem.

The screencap is of a musicandsfx sprite highlighted, where nothing happens when I try alt+T to give it a lotag in 2D mode. The other thing not working is alt+S.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0001.png

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 21 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

'Fraid I can't help you directly. However I can confirm I have similar keyboard issues, albeit intermittent.

On my Win7 machine (laptop, no numeric keyboard), some combinations such as alt-s refuse to work sometimes. It can be made to work by switching into/out of 3D mode, perhaps pressing some other keys, saving/reloading map, not sure quite what fixes it but it usually starts working again. Alt-gr also seems to only work intermittently too. The only key remapping I've done is for the (non-existent) numeric pad enter key to be the '`' key (just below ESC).

However, on my Win8 [cold shudder] machine (laptop, but does have numeric keypad) the exact same version of mapster32 performs flawlessly.

Anyhow, just thought I'd mention it in case it is related to the issues you are having.

TTFN,
Jon

I'm on Windows 7 as well, Home Premium 64 bit. I haven't been able to get it to work yet, even with the switching around and stuff you mentioned.

One more weird thing, I had been using windowed mode lately, just tried it in fullscreen. First time I hit Alt+T on a highlighted musicandfx sprite, it minimized the fullscreen mapster to the taskbar, like I had hit alt+tab. I also noticed the first time I try it in windowed mode, my pointer changes from the crosshair thing to my windows pointer until I click on the window again. Only happens the first time I try Alt+T, then nothing happens the next times I try it. Odd stuff.

I also just tried it in a much much older version, eduke32_win32_20130921-4069 (no 64 bit version is up for that one). Had the same results. Definitely odd stuff.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 04 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

User is offline   Mark 

This might be a long shot but.... I have a program that runs in the backround for capturing and recording audio or video from the screen. It uses hot keys to start and stop recording. If I don't turn it off before Mapster it messes with some of my key presses that share those keys.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 04 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

Mark., on 04 August 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

This might be a long shot but.... I have a program that runs in the backround for capturing and recording audio or video from the screen. It uses hot keys to start and stop recording. If I don't turn it off before Mapster it messes with some of my key presses that share those keys.

Nothing like that running, I also just tried it after restarting the computer for kicks. Thanks anyway though.

For the record, these things work no problem in the old Build editor on Windows 7. So it's not something inherent there, it's something in the Mapster code.

[edit: Just in case somebody comes across this in the future, this was solved in another topic by The Mechanic! Rebinding the Alt key to K works and fixes the issue. remap = 25-38 in the mapster cfg, awesome.]

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 21 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options