Duke4.net Forums: The "I Upgraded to Windows 10 But Forgot to Update my Graphics Drivers" Thread - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The "I Upgraded to Windows 10 But Forgot to Update my Graphics Drivers" Thread

Hello i just updated to windows 10 and now eduke wont start. I try to start it but when i do it goes black for a second then goes back to my desktop any help or fix?

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 02 August 2015 - 11:08 AM
Reason for edit: thread title

The topic title needs to be renamed to "EDuke32 won't start on Windows 10". There's a topic title w/ the same name as this one: http://forums.duke4....102-windows-10/

thats ok i fixed it all you have to do is go back to windows 8 lol

View Postduke a number1, on 02 August 2015 - 09:09 AM, said:

thats ok i fixed it all you have to do is go back to windows 8 lol

Not what I meant. I don't want the two threads w/ the same topic name where people can get confused very easily.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

W10 has controversial about security.
https://www.yahoo.co...-164057617.html

W7 for me is the end of the chapter.
I wont go above 7

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

There's a lot of FUD going around about that feature as well, keep in mind. You can also just disable it. (It's disabled by default as it is.)

If you forgot to update your graphics driver when transferring... just update your graphics driver. It's not like you broke your system. Uninstall the old one, and grab the latest from your GPU manufacturer.

EDuke32 runs perfectly fine on Windows 10. See:

Posted Image

If something ran fine on Windows 8.1, it will run on 10, there's not enough changed under the hood to break anything.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 02 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

It's true, it runs fine on 10. I've been running 10 for about 9 months now. The binary even properly detects 10 to print the version to the log. :)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

How about changing it to "I updated my Windows version and didn't check my Device Manager before posting in a help-me thread"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options