Duke4.net Forums: Muzzle flash - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Muzzle flash

Hello there well i have a problem i am making weapons for duke 3d changing all the weapons. I have finished the pistol and shotgun and ripper but the problem for my ripper skin i dont know how to put a muzzle flash on it the original ripper frames were in parts. But i would like to put a muzzle flash on my gun the link below shows all the guns done so far and you will see my new ripper skin.

PS this is just a prototype of this mod i am making! so please don't judge! :)

This post has been edited by duke a number1: 29 June 2015 - 04:10 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

You have a couple of choices. You could make your replacement for the ripper have parts as well, which match the functionality of the originals. Or, you can disable the hardcoded ripper display and draw your own weapon sprites in its place. In either case you will need to learn better techniques for ripping weapon sprites. It looks like you didn't convert the background to the Duke 3D transparency color, and then attempted to manually trim it away, leaving an ugly outline.

There are tons of mods and TCs out there free to download that already have ripped weapon sprites. Just saying.

Thank you I will look into it !

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options