Duke4.net Forums: chainsaw coddling - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

chainsaw coddling

Hello all sorry for posting again but anyways lets get right to the chase! Well i want to add a chainsaw into duke i know how to replace it and such i want to replace it with the freeze ray, i know how to change the sound to make it sound like a chainsaw but i have no clue on how to code it into the game i want it to be a functional chainsaw.
So please if anyone can help me code this chainsaw into my game that would be great here is a pic of the chainsaw

Creds goes to

ID Software
Midway
NMN/Paul
JoeyTD Posted Image

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I don't see any pictures....and there are plenty of tutorials available online to help you achieve your goal. Try certain specialized wiki pages or YouTube for animated visual aides. Good luck!! :)

My link

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I don't know much about modding, but I do know that you'll have to use an editor to substitute the original sprites of the freezeray with the images you provided us with. Also, since the freezeray uses projectile attack method by default, you'll need to modify the behavior of it to fit more accordingly with that of a chainsaw. I think a closer switch might be that of the mighty foot considering its close-proximity damage range, but I'm sure you can also alter the freezeray to act like a melee weapon sans excessive hassle. Hopefully one of the seasoned experts here can chime in and expound upon my rather vague instructions. Again, best of luck...and I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I know you have big ambitions for making a TC because I have seen your other threads.

There was a time when I knew nothing about coding or modding Duke, but I had the good sense to start small and work my way up. The first thing I did was look around in GAME.CON and try to make sense of it, then I made some simple edits to the monsters so that some pigcops would fire rockets and the some enforcers would fire freezers. I did simple stuff which only required changing a few lines of code. Eventually it turned into a mod, and my coding became more sophisticated.

Adding a weapon to the game that functions differently from the existing weapons is not a good starting point for a novice. It's not just hard for you, it's also hard for anyone trying to help you because you need so much information and so much explained to you. As far as I know, there is no tutorial for this which would make sense to someone at your current level.

Thanks trooper dan that helps me a lot start small maybe i should take these threads off they are kind of noobie questions sorry guys! ill start from the bottom to the top!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options