Duke4.net Forums: Making weapons from scratch - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Making weapons from scratch

Hello all I need help on how to make weapons from scratch I am sorry if some one posted about making weapons but feel free to share ideas and possible tutorials I really want to learn I already know how to change the color and add stuff to duke3d original weapons but if any one is willing to make a tutorial or share please help us who don't know and just learning.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

The usual way is to make a high-res model and take renders for your frames.

The old fashioned way is to take pictures of the real deal posed (you get your arms for free that way!) and turn them into sprites. I'm not joking about this, but if you live in the States, there will be someone near to you who has a ridiculous armoury of weaponry.

You can just paint them digitally, but that is a royal pain in the rear.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 23 June 2015 - 02:04 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

When you "make weapons", the weapon art or 3D model itself is only one part of the bigger picture. You also have to consider

2. sounds
3. animations
4. projectile behavior

As I've said before, you need specific ideas for all of these before we can help you.

I know I just wish some one made a tutorial because I am kind of a visual learner but I am getting good with photoshop so once I'll figured it out I'll make tutorials sound and anamation is easy it's just making them I am lost at that :)

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

you have to have a picture for each animation then write the coding for it to work in the order you want it to and thats a pretty long line of code ive seen it. theres no tutorial cuz its simple

A. make each picture all animations (reload/fire/still)
B.add them into your .art files with dukeres
C. write the long ass coding to make it operate

weapon done

View PostMax Payne, on 23 June 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

you have to have a picture for each animation then write the coding for it to work in the order you want it to and thats a pretty long line of code ive seen it. theres no tutorial cuz its simple

A. make each picture all animations (reload/fire/still)
B.add them into your .art files with dukeres

C. write the long ass coding to make it operate

weapon done

And then make a transparent background ?

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

View Postduke a number1, on 23 June 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

And then make a transparent background ?

well i am almost certain there is coding where you do not need a transparency tile If you are making a gun "from scratch" then that is uneeded. with coding lines you can even give your weapon a new slot instead of replacing an olds onee. if you are replacing the existting weapona then why not just remove the tiles with duke res rather then creating a transparency to go in the right spots. you will also need coding for the projectiles that fire with your gun depending on which gun

a projectile for example is a missle.

i am not the best at this at all. i just know some of it alreadyd

This post has been edited by Max Payne: 23 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostMax Payne, on 23 June 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

well i am almost certain there is coding where you do not need a transparency tile If you are making a gun "from scratch" then that is uneeded. with coding lines you can even give your weapon a new slot instead of replacing an olds onee. if you are replacing the existting weapona then why not just remove the tiles with duke res rather then creating a transparency to go in the right spots. you will also
need coding for the projectiles that fire with your gun depending on which gun

a projectile for example is a missle.

i am not the best at this at all. i just know some of it alreadyd

Thanks this helps a
Lot full free to post anything else ! On here

For adding a new weapon slot were can I find the coding for that ?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options