Duke4.net Forums: Adding music and sound - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adding music and sound

Hello all sorry for posting again! i looked and could not find a step by step tutorial so can some one guide me on what to do i want to make a mod and add new sounds and music and if anyone can help me that would be great!

Sincerely Duke A number 1

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

on you profile says you great mapper do you have any maps to play? btw this is so easy to do not even funny but can i see some your maps ?

User is offline   blizzart 

The easiest way would be to replace the actual sound from the GRP with a soundfile in yor directory.
For both, sound and music, you can use OGG files.

To create new sounds you can use DEF-files: http://wiki.eduke32...._Language#Audio
Otherwise you can work with def.con and user.con, IIRC.

User is offline   Paul B 

View Postduke a number1, on 14 June 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

Hello all sorry for posting again! i looked and could not find a step by step tutorial so can some one guide me on what to do i want to make a mod and add new sounds and music and if anyone can help me that would be great!
Sincerely Duke A number 1

Actually David B just recently replied to me in another thread about adding custom sounds. It helped me lots here is what he said:

" It's pretty easy to incorporate custom sounds into a map, you have two solutions : 1. share the sound file with your map, converted in .voc, thus keeping the same name and format to replace an original sound of the game, use that sound number into mapster (you'll loose some quality with the voc file conversion but the result is ok). I did this within the mill town rampage episode without changing anything with con files or whatsoever. 2. or, little more "advanced", you define the new sound (.wav or .flac) into the defs.con and user.con (it takes each time a very small line).

Within the second solution, here is what it looks like :

DEFS.CON, add at the very end :

define MYSOUND 399

you maybe knows, but the number is the sound number you create from 399 to 449 (there are 398 original sounds, it supports max 450 sounds if there is no mistake)

USER.CON, add at the very end :

definesound MYSOUND my_sound.wav 0 0 0 2 0

you maybe knows, otherwise loads of wikis explain what are those five numbers for... most of the time you barely change them"

I would opt for option 1 it's faster and requires less bundling and modifying. Also I noticed that there are some default sound files built into the game itself which don't actually have a sound event associated with them. You could probably just rename your sound files to match those of the missing files and use their sound nums without having to replace an already existing sound.

Hopefully this helps.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 16 June 2015 - 09:18 AM

You guys been a great help thank you so much dont forget to never stop kicking ass and chewing bubble gum :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options