Duke4.net Forums: latest version quits at map load - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

latest version quits at map load

User is offline   Mark 

I just installed the latest svn version, 5258 to my Graveyard project. When loading the first map it quits to desktop. At the end of the Eduke32 log file I have:

Map warning: have 410 unhandled CLOUDYSKIES ceilings.
g_errorLineNum: 19, g_tw: 4

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Interesting, that warning is a problem on its own (the game keeps track of all the CLOUDYSKIES sectors to adjust their x/ypanning for the "storm" effect, to a certain number of them), and then there is a separate error. To reproduce this, should I download the latest version of your Graveyard mod? I will look at it.

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks for the offer, but you needn't bother. I just remembered that I included the old version 4376 with the project because anything newer messed up water walking A.I. for my monsters. But maybe this error will show up in other peoples stuff.

EDIT: I also noticed that with the latest Mapster, any of my Graveyard maps will load but within a few seconds of moving around it quits back to desktop. No error messages in the log. It just randomly quits in the middle of loading tiles into the cache.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 30 May 2015 - 02:11 PM

User is offline   David B. 

Well I have the same problems with my mod (not finished yet).

It doesn't working at all with most of the recent versions of eduke32 (not all of them).
Here are my observations :

- I started using the 4538 dating from July 2014, no problem.
- Beyond the 4875 version (2015 ->), the map is loaded but after few seconds playing, the game freezes and I'm obliged to go back to desktop with 'alt-ctrl-del' keys and close manually eduke.
- The recent version 5230 & 5237 from May 2015 are working PERFECTLY with my project : the map loads, no freeze or whatsoever...
- The two latest versions (5246 & 5258) from May 2015 are the worst case : the map is not loaded at all (even not 0% !)... it quits to desktop like Mark's experience.

I have attached the log file. There are some errors, but it didn't prevent the map from loading and being playable with some versions of eduke (like the 5230).
(I know I have to fix this, but I don't think the problem turns just around that point).

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by David B.: 31 May 2015 - 01:29 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Fixed in r5261.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options