Duke4.net Forums: Visual glitches, no shading anymore - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Visual glitches, no shading anymore  "map doesn't look right anymore after upgrading eduke"

User is offline   David B. 

Hi everybody,

I'm sorry to write a new thread for a big visual issue : since I have download the latest eduke version, I have almost no shading anymore within the game... while the scene looks right in mapster32.
Even weird, I went back to an old version of eduke but it doesn't fix the problem anymore !

Thus I'm very confused and I need to know why is that and how to fix it.
Otherwise I'm afraid to stop every projects I've got for eduke, since bugs like this often occurs to me : I had that experience a first time several months ago, with Mill Town Rampage : I wanted to replay my maps, but all was changed.
It means if we play now this episode with latest changes, it doesn't look right... or am I alone to get that bug ?

Here are two comparative screenshots, one coming from mapster32 (looks right) and the other from the game (looks very badly wrong).

Is there someone to explain me what's the issue ? I have the same result in Polymer or Polymost.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: mapster.png
  • Attached Image: game.png

Here are now two other pics that show the best the issue :

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: inmapster.png
  • Attached Image: ingame.jpg

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Try removing your .cfg files, there are some cvars that can drastically change shading and it looks like they may have ended up with some "funny" values. :)

View PostTerminX, on 30 May 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

Try removing your .cfg files, there are some cvars that can drastically change shading and it looks like they may have ended up with some "funny" values. :)

This is working !! Thanks a lot.

This post has been edited by David B.: 31 May 2015 - 12:20 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options