Duke4.net Forums: I have to talk about Mad Max! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I have to talk about Mad Max!  "The Game and even the movie."

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Posted Image

Ok so I've seen the original trilogy of Mad Max a dozen times over and saw Fury Road in the cinema twice, I really like this franchise a lot and when the reveal trailer dropped at E3 for the Mad Max game I thought this was gonna be another shitty movie tie in game, but the 2 latest trailers have blown me away!

It amazes me how most games and long time game franchises have fallen so low these days while it's actually the licensed games that seem to making progress in gaming now!
Batman Arkham, Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation are amazing, original, innovative and are licensed games, that's incredible given that licensed games have often been utter crap over the years, now the roles seem to be switching, long time game franchises are loosing their identities, originality and are instead focusing on making themselves generic in order to sell more copies and original IPs aren't so original anymore while the movie based games are actually trying to be good video games.

This trailer for the game impressed the hell out of me with every single second back when it was released, seriously watch it!!

Every single part of that trailer shocked me over and over with just how amazing the game looked along with the fact that it's a movie based game, it looked incredibly in depth and well done, the open world gameplay looked incredibly fun while the combat looks like it's taken cues from the Arkham games, my favorite part of this trailer was how well done and impressive the world looked, when I saw Fury Road the world was a place I really really wanted to see more of and the world in the game looks like it's doing it justice, I wanna see more of this mad world.

I also noticed how high the attention to detail was, the physics of the cars looked perfect, the vehicle damage looked perfect, the customization options were fantastic, the explosions looked almost identical to the explosions seen in Fury Road, there is even apparently a survival mechanic which makes me even more excited!!

Then just moments ago this amazing new trailer dropped which showed even more of the world and it just looks so much like Fury Road and I really really wanna explore that mad wasteland.

Also the story doesn't seem so bad either, but the thing that is selling me so much on this game is the gameplay looks downright fantastic, the visuals and the world feel practically identical to Fury Road and the vehicular warfare looks just gorgeous.

This game clearly looks like it's had a massive load of thought put into it and is not just another crappy licensed cash grab and even better, not some story heavy bore, this game is clearly all about it's gameplay.

I'm hyped as hell for this game and I'm very hopeful it's as good as Avalanches past games. I'm more excited for this than I am for MGS5, though that's more of the fault of Mad Max being released on the day MGS5 releases and the PC version of MGS5 doesn't release till 2 weeks after.

What do you guys think of this?

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 26 May 2015 - 05:38 AM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Cwap! They are trying to force me to get a serious PC, or a PS4!

Mad Max was a really big deal when I was younger... I haven't seen the new movie yet, but I have seen enough to trust it follows in the footsteps of the early movies. Based on the trailer, I want this game. :)

MrBlackCat

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I watched the game trailer and it looked great. I think it'll be like Shadows of Mordor and surprise a lot of people.
Then I saw the movie and immediately got home and watched the same trailer, and I'm less enthusiastic about it. I don't think its saying anything about the game, more so about the movie being so fantastic and this becoming an unfair comparison.
I still think it looks rad and will gladly pick it up over MGSV, but damned if I haven't seen the movie 10 times by then.

I really hope the cars create actual ruts in the dirt, ala the first Motorstorm or ATV vs MX Reflex, and its not just a decal or texture of tire marks.

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 26 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

I would've liked to see David Jaffe and his team get a hold of this (Creators of the Twisted Metal series (along with God of War))
(basically his studio created the reason to get a PlayStation in my opinion)
rather then avalanche.
Simply because a Twisted Metal Like Mad Max game would be amazing.
(personally I hope that's what Avalanche is taking inspiration from)
Either way, it's still in good hands and I hope it turns out well.

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 26 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

User is offline   Engel220 

I'm looking forward to this. I try to go in with a level head and moderate expectations with most games, that way I can come to a better conclusion about how I feel about the game as a whole, but I can't lie and say I'm not excited and even a little bit giddy for this to come out because I am.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 27 May 2015 - 06:28 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostBalls Of Steel Forever, on 26 May 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

I would've liked to see David Jaffe and his team get a hold of this (Creators of the Twisted Metal series (along with God of War))
(basically his studio created the reason to get a PlayStation in my opinion)
rather then avalanche.
Simply because a Twisted Metal Like Mad Max game would be amazing.
(personally I hope that's what Avalanche is taking inspiration from)
Either way, it's still in good hands and I hope it turns out well.

If you want gameplay similar to Twisted Metal with modern graphics I recommend Gas Guzzlers Extreme:
http://store.steampo...?snr=1_7_15__13
PS: And stay away from "Post Apocalyptic Mayhem" with it's shitty non-sense rules.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 27 May 2015 - 12:29 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Are we talking about Mad Max? I LOVE talking about Mad Max!

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

View PostLkMax, on 27 May 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

If you want gameplay similar to Twisted Metal with modern graphics I recommend Gas Guzzlers Extreme:
http://store.steampo...?snr=1_7_15__13
PS: And stay away from "Post Apocalyptic Mayhem" with it's shitty non-sense rules.

I feel like Drawn To Death will scratch that itch a bit more, so I'm waiting for it to release.
I've never liked games that had direct upgrades... it seems unfair and limits your choices.
(Talking about Gas Guzzlers)
Even though Drawn to Death doesn't involve driving,
it has a solid universe, a unique style to it, and is (supposedly) made to create a completely equal playing field.
Which in my opinion is what the TM series was (hopefully is) all about, each character, and each weapon has its advantages and disadvantages, and without the TM universe, and TM's style well, I wouldn't have known TM existed.
This is what I'm hoping Mad Max will have, cars that are not direct upgrades, but play to your personal preference.
Sure this way requires a lot of balancing, but it ends in the production of a better product.
And I surely Hope Mad Max's main goal is to stand out, and not fall into todays norms,
such as grinding, having a non existent story line, and extremely reduced difficulty for the sake of casual players.
along with falling into a bland, fictional tasteless version of the universe it was made off of.
I can only hope.
Drawn To Death

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 28 May 2015 - 09:06 PM

Actual gameplay. Video is ripped from Twitch, like most current uploads, but at least you can see the game in action at last.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 17 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Cool to see there's more body types to choose from than the intitial few that was shown off. The customization in this looks pretty solid so far, and being able to do it anywhere on the fly is a great direction; I dislike when games force you to enter a garage or something to change your appearance/upgrades. Godfather 2 has many faults, but it let you customize what you and your guys look like and weapons used and any upgrades whenever you want to, even in the middle of a fire fight.
I also like that Chumbucket took over driving while Max got in the back to snipe. Also the car combat doesn't seem like it goes on for too long. I loved Black Flag, but the ship battles started to get really grating after a while and became a bit of a chore.
The world also looks really pretty

View PostHulkNukem, on 17 June 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

Cool to see there's more body types to choose from than the intitial few that was shown off. The customization in this looks pretty solid so far, and being able to do it anywhere on the fly is a great direction; I dislike when games force you to enter a garage or something to change your appearance/upgrades. Godfather 2 has many faults, but it let you customize what you and your guys look like and weapons used and any upgrades whenever you want to, even in the middle of a fire fight.
I also like that Chumbucket took over driving while Max got in the back to snipe. Also the car combat doesn't seem like it goes on for too long. I loved Black Flag, but the ship battles started to get really grating after a while and became a bit of a chore.
The world also looks really pretty

Yeah, I like how it's shaping up so far. The fight mechanics flow well, the environment is nice and the customisation is really thought-out.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options