Duke4.net Forums: Palette Shortcut key in 2D Mode - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Palette Shortcut key in 2D Mode  "Toggle Sprite Palette from 2D Mode."

User is offline   Paul B 

Hi guys,

I'm doing some extremely small sector work and I need to be able to set the sprite PAL within a sector without changing the sector ceiling and wall PAL. The sectors are so small it is only visible in 2D grid mode. I noticed the WIKI readme only indicates a 3D mode change sprite palette quick key. Would it be possible to have a new quick key made up to assign a palette to a sprite in 2d grid mode without having to be in 3d mode? Typically I would try and put the focus on the sprite then press the shortcut key combo. Or lock to a sprite and set the pal on the sprite.

I do not want to change the sector ceiling\floor palette just the sprite palette only.

' + P is paste palette to all selected sectors
; + P is paste palette to all selected sectors & sprites and neither is the one I want.

adding this feature would be very handy for small detailed areas that are difficult to access in 3D mode.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 14 May 2015 - 06:18 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Highlight the sprite and press F8.

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostTerminX, on 14 May 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

Highlight the sprite and press F8.

Genius! Thank you very much ! =)

With my new gained knowledge I have also been using the F8 key to assign Flags to sprites so I used CSTAT 32784 which converted to hex is: f f f f 8010 to hide a sprite button. While it appears to have made it hidden I hope it doesn't screw anything else up. I could be dangerous with this F8 key =)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 14 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options