Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 64 - Texture Browser Found! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 64 - Texture Browser Found!

User is offline   Joshua 

This was something I found about a year go or so. I was playing around with the memory with Dark Byte's Cheat Engine and I stumbled across this. I didn't know Duke 64 had a texture browser until this find.

I quickly converted the hex address that goes to the browser into a gameshark code by taking the cheat engine's hex address to the browser and subtracted it by the allocation base.

I have decided to upload the code I found here to Duke4. I'll upload the code in a text file just to make sure I don't break any community guidelines by uploading the code address directly.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Joshua: 25 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Thanks a lot. I don't think there would any rule about something like this. I ripped the textures using a cheat that changes the gun for a tile, but it's glitchy. But this one is a hidden developer tool.

Edit: This can be used to get the texture offsets. Nice.

This post has been edited by Fox: 25 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

User is offline   Joshua 

Yeah. It seems to be based off of the EDITART menu on the PC version.

I did the same thing with changing tiles to get the player sprites in Duke Nukem Total Meltdown. For TM, I just went up to a monster, find it's health address by damaging it, then "hexadecimally" subtracted the address by 1C to find it's tile number value, then changed the value number to 1405.

Edit: You can also find some hidden beta stuff, like the unused crosshairs located at picnums 3703-3707 in this menu.

This post has been edited by Joshua: 25 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

Awesome! Time to break out the N64 and the GameShark.

Yeah, the rules are lenient. So long as you don't post the actual ROM I doubt much of anything will happen, sharing information about the internal workings of the game is accepted and actually kinda encouraged here.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Badass. As Fox mentioned, we didn't have the x/yoffsets of each tile, but thanks to this we can get that information.

User is offline   Joshua 

You are able to rip the offsets too? Wow. I thought it was only the textures that could be ripped. By the looks of it, we now have two games with textures and offsets ripped, Duke Nukem 64 (in the near future) and Duke Nukem Total Meltdown. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Joshua: 25 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That's awesome! Who'd have thought?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Can I see some screenshots of what this looks like?

User is offline   Joshua 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options