Duke4.net Forums: Stuck in Nukecity - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stuck in Nukecity  "a great map, with no way out"

Playing an old map called 'Nukecity", I was pleasantly surprised by it's design and gameplay. The visuals, ambience, and over atmosphere are excellent. Then after fruitlessly looking for a place to put the blue key card for an hour, I realized there is no way out of the map. A shame, this is one of the top 3 city maps I have played.

True, I just used the .map file the first time, but the second time I included the Batt file and Con files, but nothing changed. I do have an old version of Eduke but I doubt that would make any difference.

I tried no-clipping and found many areas in the map that there was no way to get to. I wonder how the Repository can post such a map?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostBlue Lightning, on 25 April 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

I wonder how the Repository can post such a map?

Because it's a repository and user submitted content may contain flaws.

And the blue keycard is on the rooftop of the building.

View PostFox, on 25 April 2015 - 06:28 AM, said:

Because it's a repository and user submitted content may contain flaws.

And the blue keycard is on the rooftop of the building.

Yes I know. But good luck finding a place to put it! You have to noclip to get in the room the receives the blue key.

This post has been edited by Blue Lightning: 25 April 2015 - 07:14 AM

User is offline   Fox 

You mean the switch? It's on a window you have to jump on near that same rooftop.

I see no switch fox. I looked and looked.

User is offline   Fox 

There is a window. You jump there (from the highest building) and go through the vent.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

been awhile since i've played this one. iirc, there's a switch on a wall somewhere above a locked (garage?) door that the player has to jetpack up to.

I'm going to check that out in a while...
If there is a way through the map, finding the way is too hard.

This post has been edited by Blue Lightning: 25 April 2015 - 12:24 PM

Problem solved!

Thanks Fox and Forge. Forges answer is indeed correct. There is a switch 10 or 20 feet up, several feet past an old industrial type door. At first I didn't know which door Forge meant (there are two), so I of course jet packed all the way up above the large garage door at the end which is the wrong door. I didn't see a switch up there, but I did find a secret ledge with an RPG and jetpack on it that I wouldn't of seen in a million years (thanks Forge!). Then I found the real switch not far from the other door, and much lower. Then I found my way.

I used the .map file and dumped the bat and con and tile files. I wanted that vanilla flavor. It play's fine, and is very hard on "Damn I'm Good"....perfect! :D

Protip: If you used up you're jetpack, don't go back down in the sewers. You'll never get out.

Fun map, I'll keep it. But the author made it a bit...difficult to find you're way :D

This post has been edited by Blue Lightning: 28 April 2015 - 06:01 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Changed name of thread from "a sad shame" to "Stuck in Nukecity".

Good job.

I have to say the puzzle at the end with the blue, green, and red floors is frustrating to say the least. I was there a good ten minutes before I got through to the nuke button. But the rest of this map is high fun factor. This map is very balanced and a thrill to play on DIG, and a fantastic challenge on that difficulty setting!

This map has a lot of jet packing from one roof to another, and a few windows and ledges, some well hidden because they are high up. A lot of city fun, my reco is play it!

This post has been edited by Blue Lightning: 28 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options