Duke4.net Forums: Demo Recording question & bug - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Demo Recording question & bug

Question:
So I found that with help of recorded demos you can make this really nice background menu scenery almost like in Half-Life 2, but after I've installed newest EDuke32 version all my demos stopped working. I wonder if this happens with every version and if so are you planning on to make older demos compatible with newer versions of eduke32?

Bug:
If player starts weaponless in demo it appears that the pistol reloading animation will still be shown in demo. It happens in latest devbuild as well.
See for yourself:
Spoiler

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMister Sinister, on 23 April 2015 - 01:55 AM, said:

So I found that with help of recorded demos you can make this really nice background menu scenery almost like in Half-Life 2, but after I've installed newest EDuke32 version all my demos stopped working.

Yes, demos are essentially savegames with deltas, so they break whenever we bump BYTEVERSION.

View PostMister Sinister, on 23 April 2015 - 01:55 AM, said:

I wonder if this happens with every version and if so are you planning on to make older demos compatible with newer versions of eduke32?

Backwards-compatible, doubtful. Forwards-compatible, less doubtful, but that would still involve a truckload of work.

Yeat another bug.
If you pause demo recording by pressing space then exit to main menu and select any of the submenus the game will freeze and never unfreeze again.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options