• You cannot reply to this topic

Five minor problems report

User is offline   mono20 

Demo map, see description next post...

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by mono20: 17 July 2015 - 04:07 AM

User is offline   mono20 

I'm pushing this because I can still see these bugs:

1) The mirror doesn't work properly in Polymost.
2) - fixed -
3) The conveyor belt effector used to carry you over the edge and you fell down automatically in old versions. I think it's a major difference in gameplay.
4) The shading of the bounce mine in the pool still flickers.
5) The screen sprite of the labtop jumps back to square size after being used.

Thanks for looking!

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View Postmono20, on 17 July 2015 - 04:05 AM, said:

3) The conveyor belt effector used to carry you over the edge and you fell down automatically in old versions. I think it's a major difference in gameplay.

That's due to r4741:

Fix up conveyor belts. This fixes breakage of the movement in general, as well as corrects the general behavior of the effect so that a player on a moving surface is moved at a constant rate, regardless of whether the player crouches, is shrunk, etc. DONT_BUILD.

The old behavior was to basically inject additional player velocity ("p->fric", set in G_MoveEffectors()) into player input. This presumably led to the issues described in the commit message (namely, the amount of it being dependent on e.g. crouching) and generally resulted in the additional velocity accumulating in p->vel, too. The new behavior is to add p->fric to the velocity for the player's clipmove() and "consume" it there (reset it to 0). This indeed changes gameplay somewhat, as seen in E1L4's sloped "water ride" around coordinates (20000, 0), which isn't so fast any more. Some thinking is necessary how to combine the best of two worlds.

5) The screen sprite of the labtop jumps back to square size after being used.

Fixed in r5312.

User is offline   mono20 

Thanks a lot for explaining the change of the conveyor belt behavior and fixing the viewscreen. The screen bug was the most annoying thing in a map I'm working on :) .

I hope you can fix the mirror as well.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options