Duke4.net Forums: WGSpace in WGR 2 ? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WGSpace in WGR 2 ?  "Thingking about it."

So yeah I am thinking about converting WGSpace over to WGR 2.

Worth it?

Shouldn't take long.

View PostWilliam Gee, on 08 April 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

So yeah I am thinking about converting WGSpace over to WGR 2.

Worth it?

Shouldn't take long.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0006.png

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Nice to see you again WG :D

WGSpace in WGR2... it's an interesting idea, although I mainly remember corridors and stuff from WGSpace, whereas WGR2 is best suited for open, outdoor areas. On the other hand, depending on how much you're going to change it (and scripts will make this much easier), it would be pretty friggin sweet to have some kind of demonic space ship type theme like in Event Horizon. The change in theme and level design mentality could be a nice breath of fresh air.

If you're doing a vote, that's a yes from me Posted Image
(Maybe it'll help motivate Norvak to finish his episode too, what little is left of my mapping time these days is mostly reserved for the AMC TC Episode 3)

Edit: Was writing my post when that screenshot was posted. Looks good. Looking back I'm not sure if I ever played past the first map or two of the episode; if so then I have no idea what the later levels are like.

Btw there's now a (sort of) WIP mapster script that's designed to automatically shade sectors, and it would work very well with outdoor terrain like in WGR2 (and with some tweaking, indoor stuff too). It's not a replacement for manual shading, but it's a fantastic first pass for general surfaces and slopes.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 08 April 2015 - 02:19 AM

It is really up to you if you want to do it, I say go for it.

I would agree as well although the regular and DB shotguns would kind of look out of place in space settings :/

Well actualy in AMC you can have a PPSH on a space station so my comment is kind of out of place as well since you can have what you want where you want ...

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 08 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

I think I will convert one level at a time and release them as I finish. This is for the released WGR 2 so anyone can play them.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png
  • Attached Image: duke0004.png

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That does look good Posted Image

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostWilliam Gee, on 10 April 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

I think I will convert one level at a time and release them as I finish. This is for the released WGR 2 so anyone can play them.

I know is better for you to release it with any extra content, but, there are some new skyboxes in the repository that could fit really good with the maps, especially one space themed one.

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 11 April 2015 - 01:26 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD?

PLEASE DO THIS!

User is offline   Gambini 

So glad to see you back WG!!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I'd love to see an update to WGRealms 2 with WGSpace added as an episode along with Knee Deep.

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

you should do whatever you want coz you are legend mapper i barely know any mapers in the community but i kno your name.

Cool.

Well level1 is almost finished.

Also I'm playing around with the original game as well, maybe getting back into mapping.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Great! :)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Gravitic mines - Placed on a surface near enemies, when triggered, the gravitic mine creates a huge gravity field and sucks enemies in a specific range into an artificial black hole. After 30 seconds or so, the mine deactivates, and all that compressed mass suddenly and violently expands - BAHOOOM!

Neutron Grenades - Like a pipe bomb, but gives off lethal amounts of radiation instead of exploding. The player's vision would blur and their reflexes would be impaired. They have so many seconds to get away from the grenade before they expire.

Bolt thrower - No bullets, but uses a small nuclear battery to charge a mag-rail to thow a large chunk of metal towards your enemy at Mach 7. Could have secondary incendiary effects (set shit on fire) due to atmospheric heating along the path of the projectile.

Napalm Grenades - Instead of conventional explosives, contains gasoline. On activation, the gasoline is sprayed out into the air around the grenade and then the timer ignites the vapor. Everything in a large radius goes WWWWHOOOOOFFF!

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 22 June 2015 - 02:13 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options