• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC Episode 2 release!  "COME GET IT!"

User is offline   MetHy 

I'll play this.

Eventually.

User is offline   Jblade 

That platforming near the water is a really cool idea, actually. Now I feel like playing the mod and maybe mapping for it, haha.

I'd settle for just playing the mod but of course the more the merrier as far as mappers are concerned :)

View PostLoke, on 26 March 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

Yeah, the Oil Rig map was a pleasant surprise. Short and not overly challenging but very memorable. Even did a playthrough of it because I liked it so much:

Cool, thanks for the vid - the rain effects are a bit hard to notice in the video but it's still a great showcase of some of the TC's graphical elements.

Another bug, this one's pretty serious: When using James' Auto-5, if you have five ammo left and run empty, chambering more rounds breaks the ammo part of the HUD and renders the gun useless, unable to fire. At one point, it also seemed that chambering more rounds was actually RAISING the amount of total ammunition. Note that grabbing more ammo doesn't fix it--the gun is totally broken unless you reload from before you ran too low.

User is offline   Jblade 

Damn, I think I know what that is - I can't recreate it here but I think it happens because of a shared variable that's messed around with the ammo count...I should be able to fix it easily enough.

If it makes any difference, I first encountered it in The Dark Truth.

User is offline   Jblade 

It's more of a thing that happens by circumstance rather than a particular level, but now that I know about it I can see about fixing it :) (also because I pretty much exclusively use the KSG-12 I didn't put the other shotguns through their paces enough heh heh)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah the secret levels were a lot of fun to make, because they used gimmicks ideas that you could base entire full sized levels around, but instead of starting a large map and running out of steam halfway through, you put all the ideas in a small map for a shorter but more consistently fun experience. The verticality of the Dojo secret level for example is something I've never seen in Duke before quite like that.

User is offline   Jblade 

I think the dojo itself is very impressive as well :)

Has anybody else been playing this? We'd love to hear more feedback, it feels like a bit of a ghost town in here.

User is offline   Loke 

View PostJblade, on 27 March 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

Has anybody else been playing this? We'd love to hear more feedback, it feels like a bit of a ghost town in here.

With the weekend coming up more people will hopefully leave some feedback.

By the way, who made that Pyramid EDF mission (with the 5 rating difficulty)? Don't think I've ever seen it before.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostLoke, on 27 March 2015 - 07:14 AM, said:

With the weekend coming up more people will hopefully leave some feedback.

By the way, who made that Pyramid EDF mission (with the 5 rating difficulty)? Don't think I've ever seen it before.

It's one of Zaxtor's levels he made before he started Oblivion TC (There's also a few of his other levels in there as well)

User is offline   Lt.Havoc 

I think I found another bug. There is a mission set on Ganymede called "Stignian Memorial" that is marked red, but when selecting it and clicking "start mission" it goes back to the beginning of the game instead of starting the mission. It is marked as "important" and I wanted to get this out of my way because last time I played a Abyss style level, it creeped me out to no end. So, I played the Big Trobule in China mission now, have to say, those levels are gigantic. So much so that I could not find all the secrets, but I hope I found all the evidence at least. Fighting Triads and Yakuzas was really neat, also nice to see the Shadow Warrior monsters return. Also, dual mech battle at the end? That was one tough boss fight I tell you, because the grenades for those assholes take away even % armor in one or 2 hits. I used Haywire for this mission, and oddly enough, his grenade launcher seems not powerful enough to damage those Power Armors (makes thus "dud" noise when you hit them).

One thing: the mission maps screen should have more feedback, I setup various factories/mining facilities around the globe, plus the moon and Ganymed etc. but it it doesnt make any noise if you click on something you want to mine, if you have full storage or something, it should make some noise indicating you cant mine it yet. I was clicking all over the place wondering if I am actually mining resources or not, until I figured out that I ran out of storage space. Also, just by accident I found out that you can actually go beyond the solar system and select other systems in the galaxy, that isnt made too clear, even in the Help box.

Going to play the Oil rig level next and then see if I can do some EDF missions before going back to the main missions. Still have to check the weapons supplier with all the Agents to see what new guns are there. I hopefully have enough money for all the stuff (managed to accumulate around 250K doing custom maps over the months, and are now down to like 160 K after upgrading the base and buying weapons for James and Micky).

User is offline   Jblade 

Woops, Micky's gonna punch me over Stygian Memorial as we sorta danced between putting it in this episode or the next one. It's not included in the release yet but it will appear at some point in a future patch (This will give me time to polish and add new content for it) if you have the Zilla Missile Launcher, you can use DUP missiles (the green missile packs) against them by using the alternate ammo key. You can even combine them with the heat seeking card as well :)

That's a good point about the UI, I'll see about adding in some more indicators when you can't utilize then yet - there is a storeroom you can purchase near China if you haven't already which gives you another 100 storage space for supplies.

For the weapon supplier, you can pick up the Major Nelson license on New LA which adds a bunch of guns if you haven't already. There's also Gold Shotguns for every character once all levels are beat on Expert, but they're really expensive (ranging from 75k-125k for each one)

I forgot about the alternate ammo thing, have to try it. Speaking of the DUP missiles: research center tells me I need tech level ten to research them, where can I see at what tech level I am? As for the Storage thing: I bought that Storage center in China and later bought all those factories/mining facilities and started to mine materials on one of the moons, but the thing is, I dont know what these resources are used for, there is no indicator that says "To produce those weapons/ammo, you need following resources......" or something, I always bought everything with the pile of money I have laying around so yeah, needs more feedback. Also, yes I was on the moon already, great place, took up the EDF missions and talked to Major Nelson. Still wonder what new weapons we will get and if any of the weapon ideas I posted ages ago made it in or not.

Well, I got stuck on the level "Ghost Ship". Can somebody tell me where should I go next?
Spoiler

I don't want to give any kind of feedback for now. I need to finish it first.
So far the coolest levels were Oilrig and Shadow Realm, but
Spoiler

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostLt.Havoc, on 27 March 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

I forgot about the alternate ammo thing, have to try it. Speaking of the DUP missiles: research center tells me I need tech level ten to research them, where can I see at what tech level I am? As for the Storage thing: I bought that Storage center in China and later bought all those factories/mining facilities and started to mine materials on one of the moons, but the thing is, I dont know what these resources are used for, there is no indicator that says "To produce those weapons/ammo, you need following resources......" or something, I always bought everything with the pile of money I have laying around so yeah, needs more feedback. Also, yes I was on the moon already, great place, took up the EDF missions and talked to Major Nelson. Still wonder what new weapons we will get and if any of the weapon ideas I posted ages ago made it in or not.

If you spoke to Major Nelson, the arms dealer should have new guns for several characters already. There are also guns dotted around most levels in black cases which you can open. Some of your suggestions are in the game in some form (like I said earlier, I think you'll enjoy the last section of the TC a lot)

You can check the tech level either via the command interface (should have a scientist icon next to the number) or on the research interface itself :)

Storage at the minute is used mostly to either mine stuff or order air-drops - it will see more use in future episodes but I felt it was best to introduce it now so people can build up a supply of it.

So I made it through the bath cabins, entered some sort of storage room, made a few arch-vile like enemies regret messing with me and then I ended up going around in circles through the entire level (the explored part of it). Now what?

You can exit the ship via a broken window in the first room, and walk around the exterior of the ship (you'll have to dodge the engine flames!) You'll reach a control room with a switch that'll lower some ladders on the hanging walkways underneath the ship.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 27 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

How do these air-drops work anyway? What have I do do for them to be activated?

User is offline   Jblade 

When you build an airfield and hit the air-drop button, a supply cache is dropped shortly into the level you're in if the option is available (you'll see a message at the top of the screen) While ideally you could define the drop point anywhere, that wasn't feasible at the time of making it - but it's likely that if I manage to re-write the inventory system than you'll spawn with a beacon that you can plant outside anywhere to spawn one.

It's time again for "ZXD CAN'T FIGURE OUT A SECRET"!!

Today's episode: the locked bathroom in the living quarters area of Zeta Base Lower! I've interacted with and shot everything in the damned room, yet all I've managed to do is discover that shooting the target on the wall makes it pop away from the wall.

okay, can you folks tell me what you did with the sprint-jump mechanic? In Episode 1, it was enough to press the sprint button and then move forward and jump to make long jumps, now I have to somehow press sprint, jump and forward at the exact time to make a long jump, because if I simply sprint and then jump as usual, I jump normally and that means I jump to short, I died like a million times at the oil rig because James categorically refused to make a simply sprint jump and I dont know what exact timing you need to pull that off. But I cant cheat and give me the jetpack because then I screw my game over and dont get any of the new guns.

User is offline   XThX2 

I like this release but I have some major problems. I can't really run this properly without any horrible FPS drop. I have a monster of a laptop that runs new games without problems but I can't run this properly with Polymer (I guess that's the intended renderer for this). When I play under Polymost there are some very big visual glitches so I supposed Polymer is the way to go. Is there anything I can do to optimize the performance, because I can't even walk at around in the city of the first map...

View PostXThX2, on 27 March 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

I like this release but I have some major problems. I can't really run this properly without any horrible FPS drop. I have a monster of a laptop that runs new games without problems but I can't run this properly with Polymer (I guess that's the intended renderer for this). When I play under Polymost there are some very big visual glitches so I supposed Polymer is the way to go. Is there anything I can do to optimize the performance, because I can't even walk at around in the city of the first map...

They just talked about this, and no, Polymer is NOT the intended renderer. You want to use Classic.

User is offline   XThX2 

Oh so it is known. Alright then I will use software for the time being. I still would like to play in polymer if possible though so if there is any method of working it with this mod please let me know.

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostLt.Havoc, on 27 March 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

okay, can you folks tell me what you did with the sprint-jump mechanic? In Episode 1, it was enough to press the sprint button and then move forward and jump to make long jumps, now I have to somehow press sprint, jump and forward at the exact time to make a long jump, because if I simply sprint and then jump as usual, I jump normally and that means I jump to short, I died like a million times at the oil rig because James categorically refused to make a simply sprint jump and I dont know what exact timing you need to pull that off. But I cant cheat and give me the jetpack because then I screw my game over and dont get any of the new guns.

I haven't touched the mechanics of sprint jumping, I'm not sure what you're talking about I'm afraid. Is it your keyboard not registering the button presses properly or something? This is definitely something that our beta testers would of picked up (Somagu most of all)

Oh so it is known. Alright then I will use software for the time being. I still would like to play in polymer if possible though so if there is any method of working it with this mod please let me know.

As ZXD said, classic is the intended renderer. Polymer won't render the skyboxes and has a limited draw distance, and Polymost doesn't work properly with most forms of TROR (and neither of those 2 support additive rendering on sprites yet) It's not possible to run it on Polymer for the foreseeable future I'm afraid.

View PostZero X. Diamond, on 27 March 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

It's time again for "ZXD CAN'T FIGURE OUT A SECRET"!!

Today's episode: the locked bathroom in the living quarters area of Zeta Base Lower! I've interacted with and shot everything in the damned room, yet all I've managed to do is discover that shooting the target on the wall makes it pop away from the wall.

You can blow that sucker up!

This post has been edited by Jblade: 27 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

I have to check again if some of the allocated keys have a double binding, maybe thats the problem, because Forste also said he just presses spring, runs forward and then jumps and it works for him and I know that this is how it worked for me in the pat as well, but for some reason it doesnt work now and I have no idea why. Maybe I need a new keyboard.

View PostJblade, on 27 March 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

You can blow that sucker up!

You're kidding me. I even cheated myself all weapons to see if that'd work and dynamite didn't do anything! Gonna have to try this again...

EDIT: This must be a bug, then. Confirmed that Rusty's dynamite won't blow up the door, even at point blank range.

EDIT #2: Unless it's something to do with using the Golden Lighter? Might that be the cause? Still doesn't make sense to me, but I feel like that could possibly explain it...

This post has been edited by Zero X. Diamond: 27 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

Double check it with the PDU's scanning device, if it's the right one it should have something telling you it's destructible.

EDIT: Damn, I'll take a look ingame and see what's causing this.

EDIT2: Ok, it seems to be an issue with Rusty's dynamite stick in general, but I didn't know it wasn't setting off stuff like that. This should be an easy fix, thanks for letting me know.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 27 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

That reminds me, in the big Trouble in China, trying to use Haywires rocket launcher to blow up the crack behind the Buddha statue will not work, I had to use the zilla Missile launcher to do it.

Another minor bug: attacking cardboard boxes causes them to burst into flames, no matter what you hit them with.

That has been in the build engine or ages, same happens to traffic cones, they burst into flames if you hit them with a knife. At this point its a basic feature XD

This post has been edited by Lt.Havoc: 27 March 2015 - 02:26 PM

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Jblade, on 27 March 2015, 09:58 PM, said:

EDIT2: Ok, it seems to be an issue with Rusty's dynamite stick in general, but I didn't know it wasn't setting off stuff like that. This should be an easy fix, thanks for letting me know.

Now that you mention it... I remember playing as Rusty in Fruit Loops from EP1's 'The Classic Collection' and being unable to blow up a fence that was guarding an armor with his dynamite. :D

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options