Duke4.net Forums: [TBD] Duke Begins is having a "pause" - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[TBD] Duke Begins is having a "pause"  "When it's done"

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Hey, folks. I and Richard have decided to take some pause. Duke Begins is going to be a really cool modification. So it takes a lot of time which we don't have right now. I would like to show you what we have done. In this video you will see some part of the first level without secrets. Although there are some stuff which I decided not to put in this video.

https://youtu.be/pT_X2mElsu4

This post has been edited by Artem Nevinchany: 21 March 2015 - 12:23 PM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

This looks f-n brilliant. The new weapon sounds are really chunky and I like most of the new art and the level design!

If you're up for some feedback when you're ready to continue working it, let me know. At the moment I'm just seeing some missed opportunities for trimming and shading in the level design, then the akimbo guns having some viewbob issues (including the cig).

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Guess that means i don't have to finish making that car.

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostReaperMan, on 21 March 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Guess that means i don't have to finish making that car.

It is only about 1% of the things that are unfinished.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

That looks killer. The cigar moment is badass!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Level design, flow of progression and atmosphere seem pretty spot-on.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

That boss cinematic and battle is badass! :)

By the way, you should try to add some bass or something to the voice clips I recorded for this mod before you ever decide to allow them be heard. What I should really do is just try to record them again with a better microphone when/if I get the chance. I wasn't satisfied with some of the lines. I had just recovered from an illness when I recorded them and I couldn't quite get my voice deep enough. Since this character appears to be pretty old, his voice should probably be a bit deeper.

User is offline   Gambini 

This is looking cool. I loved the abano idea. I got the impression, though, that the map´s layout could be frustrating for those who don´t know it (most of your players). The cards were too distant from the doors they open and some of these were put in places where players could miss them (was it just two doors i think). I´d definetely take a look at how you guide the player to them (like why they´d go there in first place).

User is offline   Jinroh 

Bitchin'! That's so rad. :) Well worth any wait it seems. Gives me a serious Max Payne kinda vibe. :P

Really digging the attention to detail and the cigar thing was sweet.

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Thanks for the feedback, guys. This level is going to be fixed as others. I am sorry that I have shown only 25% what we have done. However, who will be interested to play it if I show the whole gameplay?

P.S. This level was made in 2013. Now I am mapping much better.

User is offline   faked 

Your mapping sure looks good to me. :)

User is offline   sergey808a 

Cool leveldesign! Project is looking very atmospheric. Keep it up guys!

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I liked the prequel concept of this project from the very beginning, and with the footage you provided even more so. From all I can tell, there's nothing that can go wrong with it - maybe except for a release date that may be placed too far in the future. :)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 March 2015 - 05:12 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

This looks absolutely incredible!! Can't wait!!!! I love all the little touches such as the new and improved explosion sprites and blood effects. Uber-impressive in every way imaginable!

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 23 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

User is offline   pmw 

Looks really great. I like the new art, it really looks like real Duke art, not too fancy and different from the original.
I just think the head bobbing (??) when shooting with the guns is way too harsh.

I'll try to finish my episode for upcoming summer.. I got some good ideas and new motivation from this youtube-video., thanks.

User is offline   Martin 

Looks amazing, buddy. Are you using DukePlus? /noob

First time in-game that I've ever seen Duke huffing on a cigar. Watershed moment, and just so.. correct? Loved it.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postpmw, on 23 March 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

Looks really great. I like the new art, it really looks like real Duke art, not too fancy and different from the original.
I just think the head bobbing (??) when shooting with the guns is way too harsh.

I'll try to finish my episode for upcoming summer.. I got some good ideas and new motivation from this youtube-video., thanks.

A lot of it is just blood and shadow warrior art. Although there is a touch of original art as well.

2nd developer here.

Basically, it's my fault. Me and Artem/CK had various debates about the project, slowing its development ofc, but i say i'm like a "walking dead" since some months. No real passion in anything, duke included, and distorted feels about people. I had a "strong" will to relase some duke project before, but now it lost its importance.
One of worst sides of growing up... "getting older" is the proper term, in this case.
Ofc me and Artem have our Real Life ™ things to do, too, like studying and/or working (at least, trying to do that).

I just hope to release this s**t someday, is matter of a bunch of things to finish and find the right moment.

This post has been edited by RichardStorm: 24 March 2015 - 05:20 AM

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Amazing stuff! looks really cool it's pretty crazy there is a Tommy gun from Blood not going to say why though. It's pretty funny my steam Duke Nukem group is named Duke Nukem Begins but has nothing to do with this mod I made the group before this mod was even announced well to my knowledge at least, not that it matters unless to you guys :P Like minds maybe, anyway when this releases it would do quite well as an announcement release since it has the name of the group name :) Looks awesome hope to see it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options