Duke4.net Forums: Flipping Sprites? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flipping Sprites?  "Trying to create a ladder."

User is offline   Mav3r1ck 

I'm trying to create a real ladder, just like the one in RED3 but I can't properly flip the sprite in order to do this. To do this I have to have the sprite floor aligned and then flip it by pressing the "F" key but when I do this all it does is say flip bit ON or OFF but I can't use the 4 variations like flip x, x and y, and flip y. Can someone help me?

User is offline   blizzart 

View PostMav3r1ck, on 17 March 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

I'm trying to create a real ladder, just like the one in RED3 but I can't properly flip the sprite in order to do this. To do this I have to have the sprite floor aligned and then flip it by pressing the "F" key but when I do this all it does is say flip bit ON or OFF but I can't use the 4 variations like flip x, x and y, and flip y. Can someone help me?

Which version of Mapster32 are you using? And does anything been written to mapster32.log?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Why do you need to flip anything? The alignment button R should do everything you need. I'm not sure exactly how the ladder in Red 3 is made, but more likely than not it simply just moves you upwards so I wouldn't call it a real ladder either (as opposed to ladders that work like actual ladders such as the coded effect in DukePlus).

Although yes if the flip key itself isn't doing anything then that's general problem that should be fixed.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 18 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

I´ve just tested it with the latest build r5309 and it works as usual. When pressing "F" on a floor aligned spirte it flips it x-wise. To achieve the two other flipped directions you could just rotate the sprite.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Isn't 5056 the latest one? It's the latest I can see at Dukeworld anyway.

View PostMicky C, on 18 March 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Isn't 5056 the latest one? It's the latest I can see at Dukeworld anyway.

Yes it is. I was a little bit confused by the date. :)

This post has been edited by blizzart: 18 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

User is offline   Mav3r1ck 

Perhaps I should update my version of mapster32. But it looks like I made a pointless topic and I'm sorry for that because I figured out the trick to do it. I couldn't find out how to do it because I couldn't find a tutorial on it which was why I had asked for help and I figured that it might be something simple that I wasn't seeing but apprently the trick involves making the ladder steps one-sided and putting them close and above eachother which produces the climbing effect of the ladder.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options