Duke4.net Forums: Chat program - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chat program

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Currently I am using Skype. But holy shit, it sucks so bad. It's a mix of bad programing, bad ideas, and user harassment.

Which one should I use?

I use Skype because that's what my friends use.

Recently I was forced to use mIRC in 2015(!) to contact the iortcw guys for troubleshooting.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

In theory, XMPP is pretty badass when you use it with Pidgin.

https://duck.co/blog...ith-xmpp-jabber
https://xmpp.net/res...com&type=client

Add me at hendricks266@dukgo.com, mo'fuckas.

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 30 January 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

Recently I was forced to use mIRC in 2015(!) to contact the iortcw guys for troubleshooting.

>2015
>Not using HexChat
>Implying IRC is obsolete

irc://irc.freenode.net/eduke32

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Nexgen Acidmax.

I need to get this working again. Anyone have a ten year old version of mIRC floating around?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Person of Color: 31 January 2015 - 12:16 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

I want Fox to chat me up.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Fucking Yatta keeps annoying the shit out of me on Skype...
Because I use. Windows 8.1 it comes as one of them apps and it uses my Live account when I'm logged onto Windows.

No one I know uses that Skype shit, we all use Facebook Messenger, Steam, Vent or TeamSpeak 3.
And iirc is dead as shit, only lame fags like Hendricks use that.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 31 January 2015 - 03:24 AM

Posted Image

>Using Windows 8.1

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostPerson of Color, on 01 February 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

>Using Windows 8.1

I can't wait to dirty talk Cortana in Windows 10.

User is offline   Fox 

I couldn't login on Skype anymore because bananas. I realized you can chat with people from Skype with outlook.com so I uninstalled it. Jesus, how the fuck does Microsoft makes money from this program? It must be a fucking nightmare for regular PC users.

If Microsoft was a construction company...

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

They'd be secure against intruders?

View PostPerson of Color, on 01 February 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

>Using Windows 8.1

Posted Image

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostThe Commander, on 31 January 2015 - 03:23 AM, said:

Fucking Yatta keeps annoying the shit out of me on Skype...
Because I use. Windows 8.1 it comes as one of them apps and it uses my Live account when I'm logged onto Windows.

No one I know uses that Skype shit, we all use Facebook Messenger, Steam, Vent or TeamSpeak 3.
And iirc is dead as shit, only lame fags like Hendricks use that.

Shut up Commando. I offered you MSN but you refused. Now you must endure.

View PostThe Commander, on 02 February 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

Posted Image

Only a fucking retard uses Windows 8 over Windows 7. Inb4 "OH BUT IT'S FASTER." Yes, it is. You know what else is faster? A solid state drive you cheap fuck. Also Windows 7 can be cracked more reliable than even XP.

I repair systems all day err'yday and I hate everything about 8 except it's built in restore image feature, which is tits, except for that fact that it makes me wrestle with Norton/McAffee which don't like to uninstall fully. That means I gotta wrestle with "removal tools" for antivirus software (LOL just like the malware you faggots are supposed to block right?!) and then force Windows Defender to start running.

• Weaponized Autism

>Windows 8
>Tickless kernel
>Longer battery life
Feels good man.

User is offline   Fox 

That doesn't make up for a poorly designed interface.

For fuck sakes Yatta.

Posted Image
Why do I have to see that sexy face in the top left taking up so much of the screen! I didn't know this about myself, but I seem to have developed an attraction toward males after seeing your beautiful photo!

View PostPerson of Color, on 02 February 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

Only a fucking retard uses Windows 8 over Windows 7. Inb4 "OH BUT IT'S FASTER." Yes, it is. You know what else is faster? A solid state drive you cheap fuck.

Just because you need me to buy your SSD to keep you fat ass feed.

Also Windows 7 can be cracked more reliable than even XP.

I got my Windows 8 key for $20 NZD when Microshit had some special deal going on that let the system be abused.
So I don't need to waste my time cracking that shit.

I repair systems all day err'yday and I hate everything about 8 except it's built in restore image feature, which is tits, except for that fact that it makes me wrestle with Norton/McAffee which don't like to uninstall fully. That means I gotta wrestle with "removal tools" for antivirus software (LOL just like the malware you faggots are supposed to block right?!) and then force Windows Defender to start running.

I am not stupid enough to install that Norton/McAffee shit on my PC.
Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and shit are good enough to protect my PC, I can't even remember the last time I got a virus.
EDIT: Wait I do remember now, it was when I was on Windows XP and I got it straight after a reformat after I went online to download updates.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostFox, on 02 February 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

That doesn't make up for a poorly designed interface.

I slapped down $5 for five licenses of StartIsBack. I've used one, and given away two. Worth every penny.

View PostHendricks266, on 02 February 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

I slapped down $5 for five licenses of StartIsBack. I've used one, and given away two. Worth every penny.

Indeed, StartIsBack is great. I still gotta buy it, I'm stuck with the trial version for now

This post has been edited by TheZombieKiller: 02 February 2015 - 11:49 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostThe Commander, on 02 February 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Why do I have to see that sexy face in the top left taking up so much of the screen! I didn't know this about myself, but I seem to have developed an attraction toward males after seeing your beautiful photo!

I'd still hit it.

You would hit shit on a stick.

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm not Viper.

Just because you need me to buy your SSD to keep you fat ass feed.

Yeah because I'm making money getting your sheepfucking ass the same American SSD for 1/3 the price of one in NZ.

I am not stupid enough to install that Norton/McAffee shit on my PC.
Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and shit are good enough to protect my PC, I can't even remember the last time I got a virus.
EDIT: Wait I do remember now, it was when I was on Windows XP and I got it straight after a reformat after I went online to download updates.

I don't install it, HPenis/Dell/whoever has it built into the restore image.

View PostHendricks266, on 02 February 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

>Windows 8
>Tickless kernel
>Longer battery life
Feels good man.

Tickless? No thanks.

View PostLunick, on 03 February 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

I'm not Viper.

I'll gladly shove Raffi's banana phone up my ass.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Didn't know Yatta was still alive ...

User is offline   Evilman 

I'm still using Windows Live Messenger with some friends, we always used it, and we will always use it to do text-talk with a group of people. There's nothing more simple and clear than that, it's a shame they closed it, but it's still possible to use it with some tools.

Facebook, Steam and all are cool for quick conversations, but if you want to talk for a long time with many users, it's just complete crap (and there's no conversations log also). Never really tried other softs to be honest, but as long as Messenger will be up, no reason for me to change. If you want to use a microphone however, Mumble is the best way to go, screw Skype.

You can do group talking chat and voice with Steam and there is also a log so I don't know what you are on about there.

Mumble is crap and I'd stick with Vent or TeamSpeak.

User is offline   Evilman 

The group talking in steam is quickly a mess, i mean, with more than 5 people talking, if you have to scroll up for a specific message or anything, the window is overwhelmed with text everywhere, i really don't think it's ergonomic for that. About the log, there's no permanent log on steam (or am I wrong ?) stored somewhere in your computer / cloud, that's what i was talking about. About the voice feature, the quality was pretty ugly when i tried it, maybe it has something to do with parameters, dunno, but i didn't had great results with it.

What's wrong with mumble otherwise ? Teamspeak is cool too, but Mumble is pretty easy to set up, has a great audio encoder that doesn't eat all your bandwidth like Skype do, and has a simple design. Teamspeak allows you to do more things but Mumble is great if you just want clear audio / simple design and low bandwidth requirements.

If you want low bandwidth then you are best to use vent.

View PostHendricks266, on 30 January 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

>2015
>Not using HexChat
>Implying IRC is obsolete

irc://irc.freenode.net/eduke32

I'll take note of that. I didn't like mIRC.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options