Duke4.net Forums: Converting wads to maps? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Converting wads to maps?

User is offline   nl3paul3nl 

Hello guys.

I've been working on a map for Doom that I'd like to convert to a map (just so I don't have to redraw it in mapster). Wad2map should be able to do this, but unfortunately it doesn't work properly for pwads, only iwads. It just creates an empty map file with nothing in it (1kb file size).

So after that rather unfortunate discovery, I moved to the internet and ran across a program called DMDKCONV (Doom to Duke Converter), which allegedly is capable of converting pwads to maps. But, no, unfortunately I get the message that there's an error in the map. I've tried it with some 32-level wads out there, but to avail.

My question: Is there something I'm missing? Are there possibly other programs out there that could do the trick? Or, is there a way to trick the system?

Thanks

This post has been edited by nl3paul3nl: 16 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

View Postnl3paul3nl, on 16 January 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

but unfortunately it doesn't work properly for pwads, only iwads.

You could try creating a dummy IWAD, or simply making a copy of the Doom/Doom 2 iwad and replacing one of the maps with your map

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options