Duke4.net Forums: Sound problem with TROR - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sound problem with TROR

User is offline   Mark 

I was testing a map of mine and I noticed what might be a bug. While a global sound effect was playing I passed from underwater to above water in a TROR area and the sound quit playing as soon as I passed through. The sprite for the sound is located in the underwater sector.

I'm wondering if anyone else has another map that they could test out to verify my findings.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

You said "while a global sound effect was playing.
And it stopped when you went from underwater to above water in a TROR area and sound stopped playing.
Is it an actor playing a global sound that triggered if you're in the same sector as it..

A tror count as a "cubic sector".

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 31 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

User is offline   Mark 

No, not an actor. It is a sound that was triggered by a wall switch for a rising floor sector. The sound stops if going from upper to lower or lower to upper. It is during the transition from one to the other that stops it.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 31 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

That's normal Duke3D behavior when transitioning to or from a water sector like that.

User is offline   Mark 

OK. Thanks. Mblackwell has a hack for me to get around it. I'll have to give it a try.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostTerminX, on 31 December 2014 - 07:45 PM, said:

That's normal Duke3D behavior when transitioning to or from a water sector like that.

Hhm, the reason for that behavior is most likely because with plain Build, the above-water and underwater sectors are in different portions of the map. Transitioning would make a sound suddenly appear to come from a different direction, as well as having an abrupt change in loudness. So for certain cases, I guess how EDuke32 handles sounds could be amended. Not implying that I have a clear plan... at least not before reading this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options