Duke4.net Forums: ERampage Multi-Playing - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ERampage Multi-Playing

I do not know if this is old news or if anyone has try this yet. Apparently, I have just downloaded this updated ERampage last night and I have successfully setup a multi-playing session between two computers. I had played a level or two and it seems to work pretty well minding the small glitches. The glitches are the players themselves are oversized and some item pickups give graphic errors when re-spawning. Also, another glitch is when the player pulls back (move backward), he or she sees himself slightly in third-person. I have not run across others yet since I have just tested it this morning. The ERampage version I used was this one, ERampage32 v.0.96, which can be downloaded from this link: http://dukertcm.com/...c-eduke32-mod/. This version has the old netcode of EDuke32.

The way I setup for multi-playing is slightly different what was instructed in file zip. In the zip file, the contents contain three separate directories (REDNECK, RIDESAGAIN, and ROUTE66). This zip file has erampage.exe outside these directories. This setup would not work for multi-playing. So I had to setup differently since the 'autoload' function does not work when pursuing multi-playing. Here's what I have done. I created an ERampage folder as the main directory under my C:\ path. Next, I have created three sub directories under ERampage folder as REDNECK, RIDESAGAIN, and ROUTE66. I have copied the directory pics from the zip file for each sub directories. I then copy all the files (excluding the directories) from the zip file which include erampage.exe into each sub directories. Next I copy all contents from each directory of the zip file to the corresponding sub directories (zip file REDNECK to C:\ERampage\REDNECK, zip file RIDESAGAIN to C:\ERampage\RIDESAGAIN, zip file ROUTE66 to C:\ERampage\ROUTE66). Overwrite files as necessary.

So really, you would ended up have the three separate erampage.exe file for the total of three redneck games. Do not forget to copy the necessary .GRP file for each corresponding sub directories: REDNECK.GRP for REDNECK, REDNECK.GRP for RIDESAGAIN, REDNECK.GRP and RT66.GRP for ROUTE66.

Now, everything is in place. You want to create a shortcut for each game. For both REDNECK and RIDESAGAIN, each create a shortcut for erampage.exe. For ROUTE66, create a shortcut for erampage.exe but add a line '-grt66.grp' (without the quotes). Now you got three shortcuts to play with for multi-playing.

For the server side, add '/net /n0:3' after the erampage.exe:

Example: C:\ERampage\REDNECK\erampage.exe /net /n0:3 (3 is the number of total players)

For the client side, add '/net /n0 <ip address>' after the erampage.exe:

Example: C:\ERampage\REDNECK\erampage.exe /net /n0 192.168.1.5 (192.168.1.5 is an IP Address)

For ROUTE66, these commands are placed after the '-grt66.grp':

Examples: C:\ERampage\ROUTE66\erampage.exe -grt66.grp /net /n0:3
C:\ERampage\ROUTE66\erampage.exe -grt66.grp /net /n0 192.168.1.5

I hope this help for those who are interesting. Thanks.

Updated information. I have found a new and simple way to install this for multi-playing. I should have research this further before given the above instructions. Sorry. The easy way is to create shortcuts using the "-game_dir" command after erampage.exe. By the way, I'm using the ERampage32 v.0.96 with the old netcode, not the "b" version.

Make a directory like ERampage under your C:\ prompt. Unzip the erampage_096_win32.zip file into the ERampage folder (C:\ERampage).

Following the instructions about placing your GRP files into the games' folders. My setup is the following:

Redneck game: REDNECK.GRP placed under C:\ERampage\REDNECK
Rides Again game: REDNECK.GRP placed under C:\ERampage\RIDESAGAIN
Route 66 game: REDNECK.GRP and RT66.GRP placed under C:\ERampage\ROUTE66

That's pretty much the simple installation. Now creating the shortcuts are straight forward since the erampage.exe should be under the same place under C:\ERampage. Here they are:

For Redneck, use this sample line to create a server shortcut: C:\ERampage\erampage.exe -game_dir "C:\ERampage\REDNECK" /net /n0:3 (3 is the number of players)

For Redneck, use this sample line to create a client shortcut: C:\ERampage\erampage.exe -game_dir "C:\ERampage\REDNECK" /net /n0 192.168.1.5 (192.168.1.5 is a sample IP Address)

For Rides Again, use this sample line to create a server shortcut: C:\ERampage\erampage.exe -game_dir "C:\ERampage\RIDESAGAIN" /net /n0:3

For Rides Again, use this sample line to create a client shortcut: C:\ERampage\erampage.exe -game_dir "C:\ERampage\RIDESAGAIN" /net /n0 192.168.1.5

For Route 66, use this sample line to create a server shortcut (-gRT66.GRP must be added to work): C:\ERampage\erampage.exe -game_dir "C:\ERampage\ROUTE66" -gRT66.GRP /net /n0:3

For Route 66, use this sample line to create a client shortcut (-gRT66.GRP must be added to work): C:\ERampage\erampage.exe -game_dir "C:\ERampage\ROUTE66" -gRT66.GRP /net /n0 192.168.1.5

I have played a little bit for "Route 66" game and noticed an 'out of sync' error occurs when picking up the HIP WADERS under Carnival Terror map (E1L2).

This post has been edited by Deadmeat_1971: 23 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options