Duke4.net Forums: Proper eduke32 VS2013 Projects c++ compiled. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Proper eduke32 VS2013 Projects c++ compiled.

I made proper Visual Studio 2013 projects for eduke32(debug/release), to completely replace the makefiles that are up there now. I did have to modify a few source files as well to get it to compile, but those are minor changes to a handful of files(modified the resources to point to a relative path, and modified I think inttypes.h to fix duplicate defines, and a couple others because of the same issue). I should have probably branched from the main eduke32 svn, to get proper delta's if the guys wanted to accept my changes into main, but I'm using perforce at the moment at home, don't have time to get a SVN setup going.

TX or Hendricks if you guys want my changes I can get you guys source delta's.

EDIT:
Also one thing I noticed is the code is c++ compile ready, all I had to do was rename all the source files to have the cpp extension, I didn't have to do any typecasting at all. Is there a reason why eduke32 is c only in svn, it seems everything is c++ ready.

The reason why I'm interested is the 3rd party libraries I'm adding into my builds to get the new features I want, don't have non object orientated interfaces, I realize I can abstract the c++ code but that just makes things messy.

EDIT 3:
Visual Studio 2013 Projects with C++ code with all configs.
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 28 November 2014 - 10:48 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Do they handle all of these build configurations?

Debug
Release
Debug SDL
Release SDL
Debug x64
Release x64
Debug SDL x64
Release SDL x64

View PostTerminX, on 28 November 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

Do they handle all of these build configurations?

Debug
Release
Debug SDL
Release SDL
Debug x64
Release x64
Debug SDL x64
Release SDL x64

Let me add the SDL ones, also missed x64.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 28 November 2014 - 09:35 PM

I uploaded a new set of projects, this time C++ only(TX let me know if you want the non c++ version), with all the configs(SDL/Non SDL) for x86 and x64. All exe's run and work and tested with DukePlus, HRP, and regular. if I missed something in the project configs let me know.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 28 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options