Duke4.net Forums: Martin (EDuke 32 indie game) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Martin (EDuke 32 indie game)  "Made for three day gamejam contest"

User is online   zykov eddy 

Hello guys. Me, Artem Nevinchany and RichardStorm have decided to push EDuke 32 awesomeness into the masses a little bit more, so we created a small indie game for the Gamejolt's "three day gamejam". This means, we only had three days to make a game .

So, we made a weird quest/platformer combination about a guy named Martin, who decided to become a famous youtuber, so he recorded a let's play video of him playing a very buggy platforming game. At first, we wanted to make a parody of let's play culture, but since we didn't had much time to come up with a bunch of good jokes, we decided to focus on gameplay mechanics and art design instead. All assets are created from scratch.

If you'll enjoy our little game, please vote for it here (Cast Your Vote option). Top 10 most voted games will get a huge boost in popularity, so, why not? Thanks in advance :)

Download the game

P.S: for the love of God, please don't mind a pewdiepie reference. It was a bad idea to include it, but it's too late anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 01 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

This was awesome, but I can see what you mean about that game being buggy.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm a youtuber! Got a score of 76 on my 2nd playthrough, without dying. I did miss a few coins though.

View PostMicky C, on 25 November 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

I'm a youtuber! Got a score of 76 on my 2nd playthrough, without dying. I did miss a few coins though.

You're a champion!

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

You got my vote!

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Thanks! We really need your support. If you can make advertising of this game and jam somewhere, please do.

Updated the game, fixed most of the bugs and grammar.

The voting has ended and our game ended up at #15 (out of 800, I think), which is a great result. I want to thank everyone who supported the game!

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 01 December 2014 - 04:19 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Why did you make his arms and legs the same colour as the background?

View PostMicky C, on 01 December 2014 - 04:22 AM, said:

Why did you make his arms and legs the same colour as the background?

Actually, I just found out that he has arms and legs :)
Artem was in charge for platforming area and sprites. He worked day and night, so I guess things like that are expected

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options