Duke4.net Forums: Need help getting Duke in Los Angeles to work with EDuke32. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need help getting Duke in Los Angeles to work with EDuke32.

There's a Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition mod that I've been trying to get working with EDuke32 (the version of the source port that I use is the version from June of 2013) known as Duke in Los Angeles (made by Daniel Mitchell). The mod's folder, Dukela, contained the following four files:

DukeLa.bat
DukeLa.con
DukeLa.grp
DukeLa.txt

When I right-clicked the DukeLa.bat file and chose "edit" to see what was inside (I didn't change anything for fear of messing something up), it displayed this:

@echo off
duke3d.exe /xDukeLa.con /gDukeLa.grp /hDukeLa.def

After I copied and pasted the Dukela folder into my EDuke32 folder (I named the EDuke32 folder "eduke32dukela" and no files or folders from other mods were included in the eduke32dukela folder), I then copied and pasted all of the files from the Dukela folder into my EDuke32 folder, ran EDuke32 and put the custom game content directory settings on the "Dukela" setting. When EDuke32 loaded, it displayed the mod's graphics, but it didn't let me access the mod's levels from the episode selection menu and there were no custom sound effects (the text file said it contained 11 new levels and new sound effects). I exited EDuke32, then left-clicked and dragged "DukeLa.con" into EDuke32 to see if that would fix anything since that method has worked for many other mods that I've tried with EDuke32. When I tried to run it like that, it gave me the following error message having to do with the DukeLa.con file:

EDuke32 2.0.0devel r3888
Application parameters: C:\Users\Downloads\eduke32dukela\DukeLa.con
Using CON file "C:\Users\Downloads\eduke32dukela\DukeLa.con".
Using C:/Users/Downloads/eduke32dukela/ for game data
Initialized nedmalloc
Initializing DirectDraw...
Searching for game data...
Using C:/Users/Downloads/eduke32dukela/Dukela/ for game data
Using "DUKE3D.GRP" as main game data file.
Using group file "Dukela/DukeLa.grp".
Compiling: C:/Users/Downloads/eduke32dukela/DukeLa.con (149814 bytes)
Including: LaDefs.con (36191 bytes)
Including: LaUser.con (44019 bytes)
LaUser.con:339: warning: truncating volume name to 32 characters.
LaUser.con: At top level:
LaUser.con:402: error: expected a keyword but found `'.
C:/Users/Downloads/eduke32dukela/DukeLa.con: In actor `ORGANTIC':
C:/Users/Downloads/eduke32dukela/DukeLa.con:3825: warning: found `else' with no `if'.
C:/Users/Downloads/eduke32dukela/DukeLa.con: In state `pigshootenemystate':
C:/Users/Downloads/eduke32dukela/DukeLa.con:5748: warning: found `else' with no `if'.
Found 3 warning(s), 1 error(s).

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to get this mod to work with EDuke32. Any advice?

- DavidTheDukeNukemDude

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Whoever made this mod didn't realize that "Duke it out in LA" is the original game.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

There will be a working version of this mod included with my upcoming EDuke32 addon compilation.

Anyway, I know your problem: There is one character in line 402 of lauser.con which EDuke32 doesn't like or - at least with your build - won't ignore: ®

In the attachment, please find an edited lauser.con which you may use instead which has this line removed. Just put this into the "DUKELA" folder you use, it will override the con inside the groupfile if I am not mistaken. The warnings from dukela.con can be safely ignored, they don't mean anything.

By the way, you should also consider updating your EDuke32 build, yours is more than one year old. Latest usable release is r4593. This may even fix your issue without requiring you to use that edited file (I believe the team added code to simply ignore such characters in the meantime).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 November 2014 - 08:15 AM

Thanks, NightFright! I appreciate the help. Hope the development on your addon compilation goes well. Best of luck to you, man!

- DavidTheDukeNukemDude

This post has been edited by DavidTheDukeNukemDude: 13 November 2014 - 01:03 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options