Duke4.net Forums: Duke Burger sliding bug - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Burger sliding bug

There seems to be a bug where the players velocity becomes eradic when you go to the duke burger ordering window, make the dousche say "where closed", and jump right against the ordering menu, then you will start to slide all over the place even after you save a game and this bug persists even to the next level.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

Can you record this on video? I've never had this issue.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Thanks for the bug report, identified a handful of issues with the code that handles stuff like conveyor belts. I'm guessing you were using a build you compiled yourself from one of the revisions marked DONT_BUILD. :)

I managed to reproduce his glitch but I was using DukePlus I don't know if it does it without DP :/

Indeed you have to stand in front of the "order" jump in order to stand between it and the head then jump again to reach the top and we end up sliding all the time ...

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Then it could be a DukePlus issue and not a eduke one.
Get it to do it without DukePlus.

Well it's a bit the author's fault, he didn't give any details :)

I tried without DP and indeed nothing hapened, the countrary would have been surprising since the original game doesn't handle slippery grounds :/

• el fundador

View Postthedrawliner, on 07 November 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

Well it's a bit the author's fault, he didn't give any details :)

I tried without DP and indeed nothing hapened, the countrary would have been surprising since the original game doesn't handle slippery grounds :/

The original game doesn't handle slippery ground, but I did change something relating to conveyor belts recently, and they were broken, and the breakage could have caused weird issues like this. Even if this was a spurious bug report that actually applied to a mod and not EDuke32 itself, it still led me to find and fix a significant flaw in an unreleased version of EDuke32.

View Postthedrawliner, on 07 November 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

Well it's a bit the author's fault, he didn't give any details :woot:

Very true I did forget to even mention I was running Duke Plus : ).

Thanks for the bug report, identified a handful of issues with the code that handles stuff like conveyor belts. I'm guessing you were using a build you compiled yourself from one of the revisions marked DONT_BUILD.

It appeared in both the autobuilds and my compiled build but before filing the bug I did check the autobuilds first :).

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 07 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

• el fundador

Well, in that case you are in fact just experiencing a mod bug, and your issue has not been fixed... but I still found and fixed a separate bug based on this report, haha.

Actualy there's another bug in Duke Burger related to DP >>> the counter in the building, behind which (the counter) duke says "No way I'm eating this shit", goes down like an elevator when we jump over it and it goes back p to normal when we jump over it again o_O

I tried in regular game and it didn't happen and I don't remember it happening in previous versions of DP, and since I'm talking about that there's a similar bug in "Have Fun Storming the Castle" in the room before the one where we flip a switch the ground bounces up and down while it used to remain still and again it didn't happen in previous versions of DP.

Either these are a problem with the latest DP, either it is a problem with Nixx's fix, either it is a problem with the latest EDuke32 r4593 :/

View Postthedrawliner, on 08 November 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

Actualy there's another bug in Duke Burger related to DP >>> the counter in the building, behind which (the counter) duke says "No way I'm eating this shit", goes down like an elevator when we jump over it and it goes back p to normal when we jump over it again o_O

I noticed that too but I couldn't remember if that was a secret or not.

Trust me that's lightyears away from being a secret ^_-

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Then these bugs need to go in the DukePlus thread because it's not related to eduke.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options