Duke4.net Forums: EDuke32 2.0 and Polymer! - Duke4.net Forums

• 213 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EDuke32 2.0 and Polymer!  "talk about the wonders of EDuke32 and the new renderer"

User is offline   Jblade 

How do I go about including a file or something that automatically binds a bunch of keys by default for the player? Will using settings.txt work ok?

User is offline   Jblade 

Ok, let's try another question - is there a way to stop Eduke32 from autoloading grps in other directories? Somebody's trying to play the TC and Eduke is apparently autoloading NAM's grps from the steam directory.

User is offline   Nukey 

I was coincidentally skimming through the program parameters as I read your message. No idea if these are what you're looking for but they looked relevant:

-usecwd (read game data and configuration files from working directory)
-gamegrp (selects which file to use as main grp)
-noautoload (disable loading content from autoload directory)

This post has been edited by Nukey: 23 March 2015 - 03:37 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

-usecwd can also be done by including a blank file called user_profiles_disabled iirc.

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Polymost glitch when looking all the way up. Edit: Starts on 5084.

This post has been edited by Fox: 26 March 2015 - 07:17 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

Getting a crash in the latest snapshot with the AMC TC - if you load up a map and shoot at a metal surface, the game crashes (for instance INVURB.map has a metal trim right in front of you by the door) Here's the log:
Spoiler

Incidentally though I saw you added a flag for projectiles that stop them lighting the actor up Hendricks, thanks a bunch for that as it'll fix some very annoying visual glitches where the player lights up when removing a magazine or swinging a melee weapon.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Evidently I still haven't fixed setprojectile. Thanks for speaking up.

User is offline   Fox 

I am having a problem with the latest SVN too. It could be unrelated, but try disabling the texture cache on Video -> Advanced -> On disk texture cache.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJblade, on 28 March 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

Getting a crash in the latest snapshot with the AMC TC - if you load up a map and shoot at a metal surface, the game crashes (for instance INVURB.map has a metal trim right in front of you by the door)

I'm testing in that location and I can no longer trigger a crash. I believe I resolved the issue with the sanity checks I added in r5110, judging by the messages printed to the log when I shoot at the metal trim.

View PostFox, on 28 March 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

I am having a problem with the latest SVN too. It could be unrelated, but try disabling the texture cache on Video -> Advanced -> On disk texture cache.

I believe I have resolved this problem as well: something I didn't realize I needed to do in r5107 that broke model skins. It will be included in my next push.

User is offline   Jblade 

Thanks for this fix, however I think this commit:

C-CON: Add checks to prevent invalid reads/writes when using get/setprojectile on a tile number that does not have a projectile defined for it.

Is causing problems with default Duke projectiles as it's setting userdata variables it shouldn't do (If you test with the AMC TC, default Duke projectiles like the pigcop's shotgun will set the player on fire so the game must be defaulting those projectiles to a userdata value of 2 or something)

This post has been edited by Jblade: 29 March 2015 - 06:41 AM

User is offline   Lt.Havoc 

BTW: any news regarding the long jump bug as described in the other thread?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJblade, on 29 March 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

Thanks for this fix, however I think this commit:

Is causing problems with default Duke projectiles as it's setting userdata variables it shouldn't do (If you test with the AMC TC, default Duke projectiles like the pigcop's shotgun will set the player on fire so the game must be defaulting those projectiles to a userdata value of 2 or something)

The game returns -1 for any invalid structure access. We recently changed the way projectiles are allocated to save memory. Previously, every tile had the projectile structure allocated in memory, but now, only tiles that have had defineprojectile used do.

If you expect the userdata of any undefined projectile to be zero, then you can check "ifvarand tiledata[<tilenum>].gameflags 8" (which I just added) to test if the tile has a projectile defined for it before accessing userdata.

User is offline   Jblade 

Cool, just tested it and so far haven't seen any problems. Thanks a lot for helping out with this :D

User is offline   Jblade 

Can the savegamevar system be changed or fixed at all so it either writes when you ask it to, or it does before the game exits? If the game crashes for someone before the game quits, than any changes made aren't saved.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Sup guys, is there a way to use mapster32 both 2d and 3d mode in widescreen windowed mode using a fullscreen monitor? I'd like to "fake" widescreen recording by recording mapster32 window but can't select resolutions that aren't for my fullscreen monitor...

• Weaponized Autism

Use the console to set the resolution:

vidmode <xdim> <ydim> <bpp> <fullscreen?>

For example, on a 1080p display:
vidmode 1920 1080 32 0

The window will automatically center to achieve "windowed fullscreen".

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Thanks Man!

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

By the way, do you think it could be a bug that it doesn't save the resolution I set for it? I mean I can save it on the cfg but when I restart mapster, it takes me back to the other resolutions in the main menu. I have to set everything again with the console each time.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostDavoX, on 05 April 2015 - 05:57 PM, said:

By the way, do you think it could be a bug that it doesn't save the resolution I set for it? I mean I can save it on the cfg but when I restart mapster, it takes me back to the other resolutions in the main menu. I have to set everything again with the console each time.
Follow my signature and try a non-SDL build... :D

User is offline   Fox 

LA sky displays a single tile on levels other than E1L1. Starting on 5084, working on 5064.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

As of EDuke32 r4472 the wrong month (currently 03 [March] instead of 04 [April]) is written into the automatic savegames.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

The warning message
Warning: smoothduration out of range.

introduced in defs.c r5079 does not give the DEF file line number of the offending value.

User is offline   Jblade 

Was there ever a fix for that bug with the moving cloudy sky texture that would end up mis-aligning for reasons?

User is offline   Mark 

Does someone have a link for how to implement the moving sky feature? I must have missed it.

User is offline   Fox 

Is he not talking about a mod or something?

User is offline   Jblade 

I'm talking about the default Duke sky texture used in E4L1, the one that automatically shifts and moves in the sky. It becomes misaligned for reasons I'm not entirely sure of.

User is offline   Fox 

The x-ypanning changes. It should be easy to do with CON, and may be even possible with some Sector Effectors. Naturally it doesn't work (and probably never will) in OpenGL.

User is offline   Jblade 

....no no you don't understand what I'm talking about. The default sky tile 79 moves by default in Duke. Look at E4L1. What I'm saying is that it bugs out in usermaps and displays all fucked up at times and becomes misaligned. Is there a latent cause for this or is it just one of those 'shit happens' things?

http://dukerepositor...e_For_Christmas

It does it towards the end of this map, the skys are aligned properly in Build but ingame they become misaligned at the town at the end.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 14 April 2015 - 11:05 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Public Service Announcements

If you use the alpha member of sprites, ensure that you always constrain the value that you use to [0, 255]. (For those unfamiliar with math, this notation stands for an inclusive interval.)

Likewise, apply the same constraint to alpha parameter of rotatespritea and screentext, unless you are using a negative value to stand in for a blend parameter, in which case constrain it to [-255, -1].

Currently, unconstrained values are equivalent to zero, but this will change imminently when upper bits of alpha, both member and parameter, are overloaded to configure OpenGL blending modes.

If you use the CON commands getmusicposition or setmusicposition, first of all, you shouldn't be using them (unless you're Fox), because we have not documented them on the wiki, and the commit message that introduced them clearly stated:

Consult the devs before using these commands.

There is a high likelihood that these commands will change in the near future, breaking any scripts and savegames that use them. Consider yourselves warned.

Share this topic:

• 213 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options