Duke4.net Forums: 3D Realms is back. Anthology now available! - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Realms is back. Anthology now available!  "3D Realms is back!"

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

3D Realms is back. After a historic 22 years of kicking ass and not chewing gum, the legendary developer is returning with new talent, new games and a renewed passion for innovative experiences. So, to mark the relaunch of the official 3D Realms website and the release of the 3D Realms Anthology, we’re taking a brief look at the landmark achievements of a developer that went on to define a decade.

32 games in one package, including a brand new re-rockestrated soundtrack!

You can read the whole article below:
LINK: https://www.3drealms...realms-is-back/

Trailer:

Hmm. Where's the Kroz series and Word Whiz? They've been released as freeware. Also where's the sharewares, and the source code downloads to several games like Duke Nukem 3D, ROTT, Shadow Warrior, and Blake Stone: Planet Strike? Did the sharewares got phased out? Just like the old 3D Realms site back then.

I also would like to see Major Stryker, Pharoah's Tomb, Arctic Adventure, and Monuments of Mars on GOG.com as free downloads just like Stargunner which is already on there. Death Rally on GOG.com too!

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 23 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

*looking at my 3D Realms collections realizing..*
I need that anthology boxed.

That's awesome!

On the other hand, is the website layout broken for anyone else?
Attached File  gebrochen.PNG (662.19K)
Number of downloads: 388

User is offline   Jacob Østergaard 

• Game Designer at Interceptor Entertainment

View PostHigh Treason, on 23 October 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

That's awesome!

Attachment gebrochen.PNG

What version of Firefox is that?

FireFox version 33.0.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

The SW page background still has the un-fixed logo from the PSD that was released:

Posted Image

Posted Image

My fixed version, original post.

• Weaponized Autism

As cool as it may look, the image used on the new site for Invasion of the Vorticons is actually the box for Commander Keen 6: Aliens Ate My Babysitter!.

Posted Image Posted Image

The green character there is a Bloog, not a Yorp or Garg.

The Goodbye Galaxy page background uses the title screen art from Keen 6 as well.

Posted Image

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Who won?

User is offline   K100 

I don't understand why they didn't put a link to the steam page of Duke Nukem 1, 3D, DNMP and Shadow Warrior. Only for Duke Nukem 2.

Apart for that, nice site ! Can't wait to see what you have for us in the coming weeks/months.

And it's good to know that Scott Miller, Joe Siegler and Bryan Turner are all back !

This post has been edited by K100: 23 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

User is offline   omglazerkittens 

• 3D Realms Marketing Director

View PostHigh Treason, on 23 October 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

That's awesome!

Attachment gebrochen.PNG

Hmm that's really interesting... do you have JavaScript turned off or anything?

• Weaponized Autism

Would it be possible for the old site, sans store and forums, to be accessible from something like http://archive.3drealms.com/ ?

View Postomglazerkittens, on 23 October 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

Hmm that's really interesting... do you have JavaScript turned off or anything?

No, but I'll mess around with it and see if I can find anything that makes it work, it's not the first site it's had problems with. The only things I can think of that might skew the layout are AdBlock (but it seems you don't have ads so +1 for that) as it not only removes ads but removes social media buttons which most sites have plastered all over the place now. I'll get back to you if I find out what causes it beyond my browser simply not appearing to like it.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHigh Treason, on 23 October 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

No, but I'll mess around with it and see if I can find anything that makes it work, it's not the first site it's had problems with. The only things I can think of that might skew the layout are AdBlock (but it seems you don't have ads so +1 for that) as it not only removes ads but removes social media buttons which most sites have plastered all over the place now. I'll get back to you if I find out what causes it beyond my browser simply not appearing to like it.

I have a bunch of extensions, including ABP, Ghostery, Disconnect, and HTTPS Everywhere, and it works fine for me.

I have also had a growing suspicion that Windows XP without a vast array of text supports and other libraries installed (my operating system installation is rather minimal) might be partly to blame. If it turns out to be the case I don't expect a fix as it's then my "fault" for running an outdated operating system with only selective updates applied.

Edit: Problem goes away when FireFox is not maximized, so it's clearly something to do with my 1280x800 laptop display. Interestingly the page seems to consider doing this on my 1280x1024 monitor in FireFox 2.5.9 but quickly corrects itself. The latter one I didn't expect to work due to the browser being so out of date - that machine usually never goes online - but it does work.Chrome works fine on both machines, so it's obviously FF specific.

Edit 2: It doesn't work in Arachne! I demand a fix! :)

This post has been edited by High Treason: 23 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

would it kill them to have a paypal option for payment? I have more money on that than I do my bank account.

User is offline   neoacix 

Layout of website looks also broken in my browser (firefox 33).

I think it's some wrong working javascript for resizing the website.
If I delete the first header <header id="topHead"> in firebug, everything looks nice.

I got the extension "tabkit" with vertical tabs, so maybe javascript gives a wrong result for window width.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

New site is beautiful!

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostDukeNukem64, on 23 October 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

*looking at my 3D Realms collections realizing..*
I need that anthology boxed.

I need that box they showed at the end of the trailer!

User is offline   Besli 

Posted Image

User is offline   nl3paul3nl 

Where is Max Payne? Best 3D Realms game next to Duke 3D.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View Postnl3paul3nl, on 23 October 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Where is Max Payne? Best 3D Realms game next to Duke 3D.

I would guess that, because the Max Payne IP is owned by Rockstar and the Prey IP is owned by 2K Games, 3D Realms cannot directly sell them without the respective publishers' permission.

So, the possible scenarios are:

(1) Maybe 3DR did not want to inflate the price of the anthology to more than $20 so those two weren't included because the publishers would have wanted a big cut.
(2) Maybe 3DR did not contact the publishers at all, for reasons unknown/undisclosed.
(3) Maybe 3DR did contact the publishers but was not able to negotiate a reasonable deal. This could go hand in hand with scenario (1).

edit: Looks like they address this in their FAQ as well: https://3drealms.com/faq/

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostYatta, on 23 October 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

I would guess that, because the Max Payne IP is owned by Rockstar and the Prey IP is owned by 2K Games, 3D Realms cannot directly sell them without the respective publishers' permission.

So, the possible scenarios are:

(1) Maybe 3DR did not want to inflate the price of the anthology to more than $20 so those two weren't included because the publishers would have wanted a big cut.
(2) May 3DR did not contact the publishers at all.
(3) Maybe 3DR did contact the publishers but was not able to negotiate a reasonable deal. This could go hand in hand with scenario (1).

That's right. I think Zenimax now owns the digital distribution rights to Prey. 2K ran out of keys in 2009. Bethesda's probably holding back putting it on Steam again for the lead up to Prey 2's release in 2016. You can still redeem retail keys on Steam.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 23 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Bravo! I'm actually impressed with the album release from the bits I've heard. Sounds like it's not all just metuhl guitar. There's some synth in there as well. Nice to have that variety! It also does justice to the original tracks which are more than just metal guitar fodder. Good job.

I'm not picking anything up until there's a PayPal option, though. :)

User is offline   ReaperMan 

I see no shareware downloads.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm not going to buy the Anthology since I've already got multiple copies of the games I'd consider playing.

However I am interested in the soundtracks. Is that going to be released for free separately or is there a separate purchase?

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

If anyone is looking for the cd here
https://3drealms.com...ockestrated_51/

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Only 9 tracks?

User is offline   Lunick 

Um...
Posted Image

User is offline   arveja 

I can't buy the Anthology Pack...
I'm from Argentina, and when I have to complete the Billing Address... there's no Argentina! :)

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options