Duke4.net Forums: Orthographic glitch in EDuke ? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Orthographic glitch in EDuke ?  "Started with a simple "unlacked" but now it's worse ..."

HELLO world !!!!!!!!!!

I've been playing a bit of DN3D with Attrition HRP and I've been having weird caracter problems as in letters and numbers being replaced by other things.

It first started with "unlacked" instead of "unlocked", "(u/n)" instead of "(y/n)" and now after a few hours I have letters replaced with boots or nuke symbols, numbers replaced with letters or scuba gear, very few textures in-game are now different, and some babe models had weird colors and textrues O_o

I've tried taking off the HRP and putting back in with a fresh HRP install with and without polymost override and it didn't do anything, also tried replacing EDuke32 with a new one and it still didn't do anything. When I tried launching the game without HRP it went back to normal.

In the end I don't know if it's a problem with the HRP or with EDuke handling the HRP (running without polymer activated) ... I've made a test with another "HRPed" EDuke that hasn't got Attrition and it was normal.

Finaly as I'm typing this I've tried launching the Attrition HRP batch but with selecting "none" in custom game directory : it asked my if I wanted to import cfg from Eduke and in the end it launched Attrition HRP either way but with no texture problem, If I try launching Attrition HRP with letting "Attrition" in custom game directory then I have that texture problem but if I put "none" it still launches attrition but without the texture problem o_O

Any idea how I could fix this without having to put "none" in custom game directory all the time ?
I'd like to include a screen cap of what's happening but I don't know how to do that.
I didn't touch at my folder so I'll still be able to make a screencap if needed.

Thanks in advance fo your answers ^^
BYEEEEEE

PS : I'm not using ZPack because it's not compatible with the latest Attrition.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Try deleting the files "textures" and "textures.cache".

I've just tried and it didn't make any difference.

Actualy I wonder what's the point of these two files since they don't seem to be mandatory for EDuke's good behaviour ...

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

What do you mean? When you delete them, eduke just creates some new, fresher ones anyway.

Oh I see ...
Never noticed that it created new ones, still deleting them didn't help resolve the problem here.

And it actualy got worse cause now some letters are replaced with some sort of lamp texture.

I think I understood how to include images I'm gonna try and sho you guies a few if it works properly, so here goes :

Attached Image: duke0000.png

Attached Image: duke0001.png

Attached Image: duke0002.png

Attached Image: duke0003.png

Attached Image: duke0004.png

BTW that grey/yellow ground texture is supposed to be grass, and also some texture bugs here were not there when I tested Endrick's suggestion, as I said it seems to be getting worse as I launch the game again O_o
Also enemies and Duke don't suffer any problem actualy and not all babes do, I couldn't find any but in that level at some point I was in a room and out of 5 only one had a texture glitch.

User is offline   Player Lin 

What's your graphics card? Are you using AMD/ATi brand ones?

(Or better, list all your system spec. when you're asking for help about such graphic problems...)

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 23 October 2014 - 05:12 AM

I think I have no graphic card, or at least I've left my PC's interior untouched ever since I've got it.

According to my EDuke log it uses Windows as a "Video Driver" but I have nothing like an NVidia or anything like it, I know this may sound surprising or countradictory to you but I've been surprised myself when I discovered the HRP and made it work on my PC, I was expecting it to run very low and in fact it does only for short periods when a new model/sound/animation is loaded and maps take a litlle while to load but once it's launched my PC handles everything very good although Attrition sometimes slow things down a bit but not dramaticaly even when there's a lot of actions (at least after it lagged a lot the first time the action occured, the same applies to DP but in a smaller extent).

But I can tell you it's not my PC's fault, every HRP games I have don't have this problem and Attrition didn't use to.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Did you delete "textures" and "textures.cache" in your "Custom game content directory", too?

Crap I didn't know there was these in the Attrition folder as well, no I didn't so I'll go ahead and try ^^

Be back soon

User is offline   Player Lin 

Ok, if other HRP games working fine... and it may something like LeoD said. Cache files in mod directory should be cleared too... WoD run the game in the directory so it's likely you missed there.

Like you said, I mised them.

BTW I've just tried deleting the "textures" and "texture.cache" from both EDuke and Attrition folders and guess what >> IT FREAKING WORKED !!!!

Everything is back to normal now and still kicking as if nothing ever happenned :)
I guess the cache has been corrupted in a way as in it might have bugged and made lots and lots of confusion on what tiles to use and the rest of it, just my interpretations (tis' not the informatics' domain I'm most competent in) :/

Thanks a lot guies :) !

PS : looks like it created new "textures" and "texture.cache" in Attrition folder, at least now I'll know what to do if I ever stumble across such a problem in the future

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 23 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options