Duke4.net Forums: No fullscreen modes available? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No fullscreen modes available?

User is offline   Jamesfff 

I downloaded the latest EDuke 32 zip the other day, and when I checked it out yesterday I got the following from Mapster32:

Attached Image: Mapster error.png

What the heck?

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I think your problem lies somewhere else. Judging from the line about unrecognized game data, my guess is the game is either unable to find duke3d.grp or a proper DukePlus installation. Looking at your folder name ("DukePlus Install"), it might be you haven't installed/extracted the mod properly.

View PostNightFright, on 11 October 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

I think your problem lies somewhere else. Judging from the line about unrecognized game data, my guess is the game is either unable to find duke3d.grp or a proper DukePlus installation. Looking at your folder name ("DukePlus Install"), it might be you haven't installed/extracted the mod properly.

The Dukeplus Install is my main Duke3D directory - the DukePlus mod is in a subdirectory thereof and the latest EDuke32 (from the same zip as the Mapster32 that gives the error) runs just fine; the problem only occurs with Mapster32. And when I tried running Mapster in windowed mode it ran just fine - no sign of any problem there; only fullscreen Mapster32 won't run.

This post has been edited by Jamesfff: 13 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

Just checked the newest Eduke32 download - 10/22/2014 (last one was 9/2014) - and the bug I posted about above still exists. I hope it gets fixed before the next version of EDuke32 is released.

To me it looks like a problem with your video driver or API, not the game itself. Does M32 run in fullscreen with the default config?

This post has been edited by CraigFatman: 23 October 2014 - 05:50 AM

View PostCraigFatman, on 23 October 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

To me it looks like a problem with your video driver or API, not the game itself. Does M32 run in fullscreen with the default config?

No it does not. And if the problem were with my drivers, M32 would not run at all (as I said earlier it runs in windowed mode) and neither would EDuke32, which runs just fine.

User is offline   pmw 

I had/have this bug too, and also other people irc-channel too. It's not about the video drivers.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

"Found no recognized game data"

Did you remember to put a copy of DUKE3D.GRP on the directory?

FOX - Yes, duke3d.grp is in the directory - I noted above that I installed these updates into my regular Duke3d directory!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options