Duke4.net Forums: To Team or not to Team - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

To Team or not to Team  "Keynote about Interceptor, 3DRealms and Virtual Teams"

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

I recently did a talk at Spilbar in Aalborg about the history of Interceptor and how we work in virtual teams.

I cover our backstory, how we develop games as a virtual studio and also cover 3D Realms.

If you are interested you can find the talk below :)

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

Very Nice Sir!

User is offline   Lunick 

And where can we get that pretty background? :)

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice background indeed. Quite impressed with the business model you've managed to succeed in pulling off.

Lol at the video editing out just when he talks about DNR.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 30 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Nice seeing Scot in the spotlight again! Thank you for sharing. :)

Sincere personal opinion post time!

I have to commend some of you guys for having the nerve and patience to watch this daydreaming, unskilled, infatuated hipster perform ahhms and eehhms on stage for 20 bloody minutes saying nothing about everything.
Is it even worth predicting that he will run 3drealms into the ground? It really was in the ground when he dug out it's partly rotted corpse.
So what else could he do with it that's worse than it already was?
He never ceases to annoy me.
Every time I see him fucking around here, I get reminded how all those classics that I liked as a kid, never had the luck to end up being bought by somebody that has the talent and budget to give them some awesome sequels. Instead they got stuck with this questionable character here that looks and speaks like he was taken out of a cross between The Twilight and Captain Planet shows...

Fresch you will forever remain a second rate modder that was never able to deliver anything known, no matter how much you want to feel like John Carmack on that stage.
Grow the hell up and sell 3drealms to some other studio and let them make some fucking proper sequels to those old classics and stop looking to build a personality cult around you.
Your virtual dev team sucks and you have to live with it.
It's rare that virtual dev teams are made out of talented people.

I happen to have become online friends with somebody from LunarSoftware and because of that I know firsthand what a professional virtual team looks like from the inside.
Your virtual team is very far from being a professional one because it's mostly unskilled starting right at it's top with none other than you and your inability to coagulate a truly skilled team around you.
It's your lack of skill and especially your superficiality that's making you a bad leader, sorry to say it so bluntly but it's very easy to spot it when I see you talk.
Truly skilled people would never gather around you nor accept to be bossed around by the likes of you.

Your environment will always be comprised out of semi talented wannabees most of which will never make it into the industry and maybe one or two that are on their way up as they develop their abilities in small indie/modding boards and then get noticed and hired away from you by the big fish studios that pay well and make popular triple a games.
The other people that will surround you will be hasbeens like Scott Miller and George Broussard that hope they can pull one final good one and retire.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 11 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

And now a word from our sponsors!

Honestly Mr. Deviance I think you need to stop being such an incredible crybaby about a single person you happen to personally dislike.
I know what it takes to build a really cool virtual team and have been working with a really great group for the past year to make a project succeed. Honestly, all the stuff you're doing with Interceptor is needlessly complicated when you can just use email, skype, and dropbox to get everything in good working order. That doesn't mean it's not impressive, but it's still kind of unnecessary.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostColon Semicolon, on 11 October 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

Honestly Mr. Deviance I think you need to stop being such an incredible crybaby about a single person you happen to personally dislike.

Look, what can a third rate forum troll do, apart from that?

View Postfuegerstef, on 12 October 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

Look, what can a third rate forum troll do, apart from that?

Just because you call me a third rate forum troll, does not automatically make me a third rate, nor a second rate nor a troll whatsoever.
Just because I have an opinion and I'm always free to express it no matter if others profoundly disagree with me, does not make me a troll.
It does however make you an ass kisser more than it makes me a troll.
I can also remind anybody that has forgotten, that you were part of interceptor back in the duke 3d reloaded failure days and you would kiss their ass every day to the point where they made you a mod on their forums or something like that.

So obviously, when I shit in the place where you used to eat from, it's expected to be called a troll by the likes of you.
As far as I am concerned, you are even more pathetic than Fresch is, because unlike others closer to him, you are still stuck kissing his ass from this forum level and not from that stage where Fresch is daydreaming that he has finally reached greatness and he is finally a leader of something.
Think about it for a bit and let the shame and humiliation shine some light into your future and help you repent from being such a hypocritical douchebag, to dare and call me a troll for always being consequent and open in my critics.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 13 October 2014 - 03:36 PM

So Interceptor is in the Danish newspaper (one of the most influental, political and economical). Very high rated amongst the Danes. If anyone would like a summary in English, please tell me and I'll translate it. :) Here it is anyway;
http://politiken.dk/...oner-af-kroner/

Can't just be me.

Posted Image

View PostMr.Deviance, on 13 October 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Just because you call me a third rate forum troll, does not automatically make me a third rate, nor a second rate nor a troll whatsoever.
Just because I have an opinion and I'm always free to express it no matter if others profoundly disagree with me, does not make me a troll.
I can also remind anybody that has forgotten, that you were part of interceptor back in the duke 3d reloaded failure days and you would kiss their ass every day to the point where they made you a mod on their forums or something like that.

So obviously, when I shit in the place where you used to eat from, it's expected to be called a troll by the likes of you.
As far as I am concerned, you are even more pathetic than Fresch is, because unlike others closer to him, you are still stuck kissing his ass from this forum level and not from that stage where Fresch is daydreaming that he has finally reached greatness and he is finally a leader of something.
Think about it for a bit and let the shame and humiliation shine some light into your future and help you repent from being such a hypocritical douchebag, to dare and call me a troll for always being consequent and open in my critics.

Do you want Hendricks226 to reinstate that "I am a shitposter" member title Mr. Deviance? Get a grip on yourself ok sir?

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 14 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Even Blackharted is more entertaining than Mr.Deviance.

User is offline   brownfarted 

• The Original Shitposter

View PostMr.Deviance, on 11 October 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

I have to commend some of you guys for having the nerve and patience to watch this daydreaming, unskilled, infatuated hipster perform ahhms and eehhms on stage for 20 bloody minutes saying nothing about everything.

Fresch you will forever remain a second rate modder that was never able to deliver anything known, no matter how much you want to feel like John Carmack on that stage.
Grow the hell up and sell 3drealms to some other studio and let them make some fucking proper sequels to those old classics and stop looking to build a personality cult around you.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Where'd you get that video of Mr.Deviance in his natural habitat? I smell a DMCA takedown request coming!

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Mr.Deviance speaks the truth!

Isn't Mr. Deviance russian? I mean he runs a website about stealing games and acts like he's some cool guy over there.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Sincere personal opinion post time!

Is it even worth predicting that he will run 3drealms into the ground? It really was in the ground when he dug out it's partly rotted corpse.
So what else could he do with it that's worse than it already was?
He never ceases to annoy me.
Every time I see him fucking around here, I get reminded how all those classics that I liked as a kid, never had the luck to end up being bought by somebody that has the talent and budget to give them some awesome sequels. Instead they got stuck with this questionable character here that looks and speaks like he was taken out of a cross between The Twilight and Captain Planet shows...

Your virtual dev team sucks and you have to live with it.
It's rare that virtual dev teams are made out of talented people.

I happen to have become online friends with somebody from LunarSoftware and because of that I know firsthand what a professional virtual team looks like from the inside.
Your virtual team is very far from being a professional one because it's mostly unskilled starting right at it's top with none other than you and your inability to coagulate a truly skilled team around you.
It's your lack of skill and especially your superficiality that's making you a bad leader, sorry to say it so bluntly but it's very easy to spot it when I see you talk.
Truly skilled people would never gather around you nor accept to be bossed around by the likes of you.

Your environment will always be comprised out of semi talented wannabees most of which will never make it into the industry and maybe one or two that are on their way up as they develop their abilities in small indie/modding boards and then get noticed and hired away from you by the big fish studios that pay well and make popular triple a games.
The other people that will surround you will be hasbeens like Scott Miller and George Broussard that hope they can pull one final good one and retire.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 13 October 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Jesus fucking Christ, if you're going to eat in class, did you at least grill enough Aspergers for everyone?!

Learn what a pussy feels like and shut the fuck up.

View PostProtected by Viper, on 15 October 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Jesus fucking Christ, if you're going to eat in class, did you at least grill enough Aspergers for everyone?!

Learn what a pussy feels like and shut the fuck up.

I think I just did after I read your post.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options